DColeKC
Ambassador

Re: Downtown Baseball Stadium

Post by DColeKC »

DaveKCMO wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:20 pm
Metro wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:20 pm
DColeKC wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:13 pm

Specific reason?
It just seems rushed with alot of questions. As someone else pointed out a month away from the vote and we haven't gotten a rendering from the Chiefs?

I don't understand why they couldn't have waited til the fall or even next spring to get this on the ballot and hammer out all the details.
Perfect opportunity to vote now and send them back to the drawing board. This should absolutely not be rushed since the tax and leases don't expire for SEVEN YEARS.
Dave - What do you need to see in order to get your support for this East Crossroads location?
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

DColeKC wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:25 pm
DaveKCMO wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:20 pm
Metro wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:20 pm

It just seems rushed with alot of questions. As someone else pointed out a month away from the vote and we haven't gotten a rendering from the Chiefs?

I don't understand why they couldn't have waited til the fall or even next spring to get this on the ballot and hammer out all the details.
Perfect opportunity to vote now and send them back to the drawing board. This should absolutely not be rushed since the tax and leases don't expire for SEVEN YEARS.
Dave - What do you need to see in order to get your support for this East Crossroads location?
Choose your words carefully, Dave.
glacier890
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by glacier890 »

I don't think parking will be a problem but it will be interesting to see where a majority will decide to park. Will a lot of people use the existing t mobile center garages since they are familiar with them? That's only a .5 mile walk. Will a majority just go to random $10 lots between Oak and 71 highway or pay a premium for some new garages right next to the stadium? What % of people will park at the River Market or Union Station and take the streetcar to the stadium. It will be fascinating to look at the numbers initially once the stadium opens and then again 5 years later to see if the trends change once people get more comfortable with downtown.
Metro
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Metro »

Has anyone seen any polling on the new location?
Rusty Irish
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty Irish »

Fescoe saying this morning that both teams have "significantly better publicly funded offers" from other jurisdictions in the local area but wish to remain loyal to Jackson County in the first instance. However if the vote fails April 2 all bets are off and they'll be open to anything.

So Wyandotte/Legends and somewhere in JoCo?
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dnweava »

DColeKC wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:42 pm I've been told we will be seeing and hearing from the Chiefs this week after delaying due to the parade shooting. Royals will start up their activity soon as well and while it's very common for CBA's to not be finalized before a vote, they're trying to get it done.
Any idea what day? I'm getting antsy waiting.

I hope they also provide a timeline of what they can finish before the world cup.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Rusty Irish wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:23 pm Fescoe saying this morning that both teams have "significantly better publicly funded offers" from other jurisdictions in the local area but wish to remain loyal to Jackson County in the first instance. However if the vote fails April 2 all bets are off and they'll be open to anything.

that guy seems to be a rumor mongering shit stirrer in this whole conversation. I don't think I believe much of what he throws out there.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:27 pm
Rusty Irish wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:23 pm Fescoe saying this morning that both teams have "significantly better publicly funded offers" from other jurisdictions in the local area but wish to remain loyal to Jackson County in the first instance. However if the vote fails April 2 all bets are off and they'll be open to anything.

that guy seems to be a rumor mongering shit stirrer in this whole conversation. I don't think I believe much of what he throws out there.
The Chiefs aren't going anywhere, but the Royals will head to Kansas or NKC if this fails. I'm not sure if they give it one more chance in the fall but they don't want to wait around.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

DColeKC wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:58 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:27 pm

The Chiefs aren't going anywhere, but the Royals will head to Kansas or NKC if this fails. I'm not sure if they give it one more chance in the fall but they don't want to wait around.
Of course, Clay County would have to approve a sales tax if they want to build a stadium there and that would be more than an extension of an existing sales tax. I don't think it would be a guaranteed approval. Kansas would be much easier because the state is going to fully support a Royals move to the Legends or some other location in Kansas. It most likely would not come down to politics and the whims of voters. The state of Missouri should be thinking hard about what happens if the Jackson County vote fails.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

IN MY OPINION: If the vote fails, they will immediately start tearing down the buildings where they want the stadium to be, essentially forcing the hand of voters in the second vote. They will make the choice either a. stadium or b. dead zone.

Sorry, forgot to put 'in my opinion'.
Last edited by beautyfromashes on Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

^ Bold Strategy but not unrealistic.
bricknose
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by bricknose »

There is a new anti-CR stadium website with very neat flyers to post around.

https://www.savethecrossroads.com

@DColeKC how can you stand steadfast against such graphic design? Have you no heart, sir?!
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

bricknose wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:22 pm There is a new anti-CR stadium website with very neat flyers to post around.

@DColeKC how can you stand steadfast against such graphic design? Have you no heart, sir?!
If they turn this still graphic into a motion graphic, I may be swayed to vote no!
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

DColeKC wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:47 pm
bricknose wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:22 pm There is a new anti-CR stadium website with very neat flyers to post around.

If they turn this still graphic into a motion graphic, I may be swayed to vote no!
What sort of dark money is funding this campaign?
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Saw this by Mean Mule this weekend.

Hits both anti billionaires and anti taxation notes
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Cratedigger wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:16 pm Image

Don't make the mistake I did this weekend when I suggested to a member of this anti-stadium group that the Crossroads wouldn't be what it is today without wealthy developers and PNL. Yikes. I settled my tab quickly. I was not even in the crossroads!
bricknose
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by bricknose »

DColeKC wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:28 pm Don't make the mistake I did this weekend when I suggested to a member of this anti-stadium group that the Crossroads wouldn't be what it is today without wealthy developers and PNL. Yikes. I settled my tab quickly. I was not even in the crossroads!
But don't you know that billionaires bad? We could get have so many more cool major developments if we just got rid of all the billionaires.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

DColeKC wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:28 pm

Don't make the mistake I did this weekend when I suggested to a member of this anti-stadium group that the Crossroads wouldn't be what it is today without wealthy developers and PNL. Yikes. I settled my tab quickly. I was not even in the crossroads!
When in doubt, resort to class warfare. It's a favorite theme in the US.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:56 pm
DColeKC wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:47 pm

What sort of dark money is funding this campaign?
i'd guess about none. Underestimate the crossroads at your own peril.

I just don't understand what this graphic even means.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

That building isn't even being demo'd LOL