What the area needs

Have a development question you want answered? Ask it here and you'll get your answer
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

What the area needs

Post by mgsports »

Pirates Cove?

A Resort like they have in Wisconsin Dells?
mister816
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: What the area needs

Post by mister816 »

a top tier museum that is not art based like a natural history museum or something along those lines
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

mister816 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:32 am a top tier museum that is not art based like a natural history museum or something along those lines
A Natural History Museum would be nice but private collectors and sellers have made it almost impossible to acquire an authentic collection of minerals and paleontology without a substantial endowment. I guess they could start with dioramas of global species without significant expenses. The University of Kansas has a nice natural history museum but it's 35 miles away.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Food Museum because Iowa has Ice Cream and Popcorn one.

Something like Busch Gardens.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

would love to see a top notch Natural History Museum or even one themed around the region and being the starting point for Western Migration. A lot of rich history to draw on from the immediate area, A Destination museum for Frontier Settlement & Exploration of sorts.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

The empty fields and parking lots around liberty memorial mall were originally planned as a veritable acropolis of museums, which never got built. Maybe that could be a good site for a museum campus? A miniature version of the smithsonian museums flanking the national mall in DC
mister816
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by mister816 »

dukuboy1 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:54 pm would love to see a top notch Natural History Museum or even one themed around the region and being the starting point for Western Migration. A lot of rich history to draw on from the immediate area, A Destination museum for Frontier Settlement & Exploration of sorts.
I've been screaming for a natural history museum for years. the old star building could be converted
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

mister816 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:03 am
dukuboy1 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:54 pm would love to see a top notch Natural History Museum or even one themed around the region and being the starting point for Western Migration. A lot of rich history to draw on from the immediate area, A Destination museum for Frontier Settlement & Exploration of sorts.
I've been screaming for a natural history museum for years. the old star building could be converted
I don't wanna sound like a broken record, because I've said this before, but my dream is to create an unnatural history museum. It would be mostly dioramas of animals that didn't make it onto Noah's ark and be the antithesis of the https://arkencounter.com/, with an emphasis on freedom of speech, separation of church and state, and other libtard ideas. The Star building is the perfect location. All I need is the funding, as I have access to a ton of great taxidermists and artists.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

interesting, as is the ark encounter place. Obviously they are pushing an agenda but just the spectacle of it is interesting to me. $60 bucks a person seems a bit steep but I guess the cost of enlightenment has gone up with inflation as well.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Timeshare?
Underground Travel?
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

No Timeshares. Those things are scams.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:32 pm No Timeshares. Those things are scams.
But like Branson and Orlando have ones.
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

NoLo x SoLo covered filled or removed
mjbauer95
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by mjbauer95 »

Gun control
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

I’m in favor of expanding mental health programs so that stuff like this won’t happen please and thank you.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

And maybe an age requirement to buy a firearm? Or at least a high threshold of gun safety education for a minor?

It’s wild that a juvenile is not prohibited. It should at least mirror federal law. Let’s start there.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Cratedigger wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:23 pm And maybe an age requirement to buy a firearm? Or at least a high threshold of gun safety education for a minor?

It’s wild that a juvenile is not prohibited. It should at least mirror federal law. Let’s start there.
Yes. This law-abiding citizen clearly purchased an expensive, legally acquired firearm to commit a major gun crime. :roll:
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Alright man - the state needs to reevaluate its policies. What is happening right now is obviously not working.

What the area DOES NOT NEED is more gun violence. It’s out of hand and this impacts the city’s reputation nationally. Important for people, companies and conventions that might come here.

Even more importantly, children ages 6 to 15 and an innocent Mother were caught in the crossfire.

This isn’t an isolated incident and it’s only getting more frequent.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Cratedigger wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:50 am Alright man - the state needs to reevaluate its policies. What is happening right now is obviously not working.

What the area DOES NOT NEED is more gun violence. It’s out of hand and this impacts the city’s reputation nationally. Important for people, companies and conventions that might come here.

Even more importantly, children ages 6 to 15 and an innocent Mother were caught in the crossfire.

This isn’t an isolated incident and it’s only getting more frequent.
I agree. Reevaluating policies like "catch and release" and bringing back "community policing" certainly needs to be done. Enforcement and punishment for violations of existing law would certainly help too. Whatever is being done right now has been extremely ineffective for some time.
Metro
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Metro »

Less crime