Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Downtown Baseball Stadium

Post by im2kull »

Belvidere wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:01 pm
Chris Stritzel wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:58 pm
TheUrbanRoo wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:02 pm So are the Royals favored to go to the Crossroads or EV now
I’ve been informed Crossroads. Final renderings were completed yesterday with a reported “modern but bad ass design”. I did not see these renderings, so I’m going off of someone who has. I expect to see them released soon. I also wouldn’t be surprised if the campaign to get people to vote “yes” starts as a local Super Bowl commercial.
I hope EV doesn't remain a wasteland.
Vantrust will unload shortly. Nothing major will happen development wise for a long time, unfortunately. Especially not with the current council makeup.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:33 am I’d like for the city to step up and put a blanket over the Crossroads to prevent demolitions for parking lots. Also require higher density usages where the industrial usages currently exist east of Locust. Nothing too crazy. Think more 1531 Holmes style density or higher. The baseball stadium can be a long term gain for the neighborhood, especially if done right and you set future growth up for success through clear expectations.
I'm working on finding a sponsor amongst the board for a legislative proposal to address this.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Also, while it should be a given.. just in case nobody realizes it yet, KC Tenants intends to derail this and has formed a team to specifically attack the stadium proposal. Good luck y'all.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Why is everybody acting like the ECR is a done deal? Was something leaked? Did I miss something?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Just hearing more independent prior murring the same
Imarealperson
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Imarealperson »

TheSmokinPun wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:48 am
DColeKC wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:42 am
TheSmokinPun wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:34 am Well, rooting for the no vote now. I will actually go out of my way now to help campaign against because of Cordish & their fans, I won't support an ideal from people who use right wing language & hate that are allowed to talk like that on here due to "insider info." Been fun, I'll see you guys on the funny pages.
You're insanely misinformed. I don't work for Cordish! Even if I did, I'm allowed to have personal opinions and vote how I want last I checked. Do you realize how unethical and un-american you sound when you say you won't support something because someone not officially affiliated used "right wing language". Do you know how many things you'd probably stop supporting if you knew how the owners voted behind closed doors? You should probably never attend another Sporting KC game if you don't like republicans.

Just absurd.

Do some research on Cordish, look up how much money they've donated to campaigns on both sides. Look at all their properties that do great work with marginalized communities across this country. Check out how many millions of dollars they donate to the underserved communities.

You can not like the one conversation we had in a totally different thread but please have the intelligence and maturity to take a better look at this situation opposed to voting no over a conversation you had with an anonymous person on a forum.

This will create thousands of jobs for the people who need them most. It will generate millions of dollars a year for the community, most of which will be focused on minority groups, the poor etc.

But if you must campaign against it because you didn't get your favorite location, do what you gotta do.
Never said you worked for them, reading comprehension man. And you think I'm not aware of the SKC stuff while most of the Cauldron/fan groups like me are no longer STHs & have nothing to do with the team anymore, your rich friends won & we've basically been exiled. I stand by what I said about the other thread though, I know others & myself have seen it in that one & the other threads you've posted in, including this one.

I basically conceded defeat to you & you flew off the handle. Typical. I'm out of here. Best of luck to you.
Embarrassing.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

I'm still happy that the stadium is going downtown at least. The demolition of the existing buildings is not great but also mostly are parking lots and low-rise structures. Hopefully, this means the surrounding surface parking lots will be developed quickly.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

alejandro46 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:58 pm I'm still happy that the stadium is going downtown at least. The demolition of the existing buildings is not great but also mostly are parking lots and low-rise structures. Hopefully, this means the surrounding surface parking lots will be developed quickly.
I hope the same thing but in all likelihood, those empty lots will remain parking – for the stadium.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

You guys are way too pessimistic about those damn surface lots
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

We have seen history.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Interesting article came up today in the KCBJ talking about how they'll go about acquiring the land and discusses eminent domain. Go read if you can.
mourban
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by mourban »

TheUrbanRoo wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:02 pm So are the Royals favored to go to the Crossroads or EV now
I’ve been informed Crossroads. Final renderings were completed yesterday with a reported “modern but bad ass design”. I did not see these renderings, so I’m going off of someone who has. I expect to see them released soon. I also wouldn’t be surprised if the campaign to get people to vote “yes” starts as a local Super Bowl commercial.
The City should emphasis that area as the next Union hill or Beacon Hill.

Develop it with parks, townhomes and apartments. Add a dedicated school.
Belvidere
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Belvidere »

mourban wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:57 pm

The City should emphasis that area as the next Union hill or Beacon Hill.

Develop it with parks, townhomes and apartments. Add a dedicated school.
We would love that. Desperate for a daycare. Would also be nice to have something like a premier children's Library or art space. Something free or very accessible. My favorite park in the city is The Concourse.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

DColeKC wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:39 pm Interesting article came up today in the KCBJ talking about how they'll go about acquiring the land and discusses eminent domain. Go read if you can.
The Royals' preferred location is in the East Crossroads Arts District, the team has communicated to local officials and, recently, the Crossroads Community Association
Way to build good will and involve the neighborhood you are drastically impacting last, Royals. Jeez.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:19 pm
DColeKC wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:39 pm Interesting article came up today in the KCBJ talking about how they'll go about acquiring the land and discusses eminent domain. Go read if you can.
The Royals' preferred location is in the East Crossroads Arts District, the team has communicated to local officials and, recently, the Crossroads Community Association
Way to build good will and involve the neighborhood you are drastically impacting last, Royals. Jeez.
To be fair, there was so much to do before starting the conversations with a public group. I notice Dave has been quiet lately.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I wouldn't consider a neighborhood association a public group. They are often informed of things impacting neighborhoods before it's public. They can be put under NDAs as well. It's par for the course around KC but it's still disappointing. At least they can check it off the box with the city even though they are only doing just that.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

DColeKC wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:28 pm
To be fair, there was so much to do before starting the conversations with a public group. I notice Dave has been quiet lately.
Jesus it’s posts like this that are making having you on this forum more and more unpleasant.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:35 pm
DColeKC wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:28 pm

Jesus it’s posts like this that are making having you on this forum more and more unpleasant.
What are you talking about? It wasn't a done deal, why talk to a public group when you don't even have a plan to discuss with them? Dave was probably at the last meeting and I'm hoping he would speak up and let us know what was discussed, but he's been quiet on this topic lately.

I guess I'll just start bullshitting instead of telling it how it is so I don't upset anyone.

EDIT: And trust me, once we get this stadium built I'm fucking out of here.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Honestly I think that’s where the royals went wrong the first time around. Too transparent too early
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

The White Sox and Related Midwest officially revealed their initial plans for a new stadium at "The 78" in Chicago's South Loop. KC could make a splash like this in the coming days.
https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/re ... outh-loop/
Chris Stritzel wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:02 pm
DColeKC wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:48 am
Chris Stritzel wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:47 am Maybe related. My mind isn’t the best after a few hard falls, but I walked by the Star building last night and it was lit up inside. The portion that you can see from the tilted glass on Truman seems very empty inside now. I don’t recall it being so empty before, but maybe that’s because it’s been dark.

There were also some people and music going on inside of the portion droning 17th Street. Not sure if it was a lobby or something else where people were hanging out, but it was the most I’ve seen the place lit up and music come out of it in all the times I’ve walked by.
They've been working on getting all that massive printing equipment out of there for awhile now. Could be what you saw?
That’s what they’re doing in there. Makes sense. I took a picture of it and uploaded it to my Flickr, but can’t post the photos from my phone. I can add them when I get back home later tonight as the computer at my work forbids access to KCRag :/
Here's the photo I took last night. I don't recall the Star being this hollow.