On-going downtown development projects

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Re: On-going downtown development projects

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:52 pm Am I the only one here that unironically hope this happens? Like it’s an objectively distasteful project no question, but the hilarity of the entire situations just has me wishing they break ground on that tall tower
I’m in the same boat, mostly because OKC could use a thing like this just for fun and notoriety. And if the developer pulls it off (unlikely, but you never know), why not!
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

Could be like that “ghost hotel” they build in North Korea. Build a huge building to be status symbol that is just a hollow shell
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

dukuboy1 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:07 pm Could be like that “ghost hotel” they build in North Korea. Build a huge building to be status symbol that is just a hollow shell
Only the wealthiest few developers in the US could afford to build the shell of a building this size in the US. A Ross level of wealth is needed to afford this.