KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Transportation topics in KC
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by dev49 »

Someone needs to make a Stl-kc pissing match thread so it can stay out of here. Sheesh.

Didn’t see anything new in the southwest release but I also haven’t gone thru the schedule all that closely. Saw MBJ falls off but I figure it could be back for summer.
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

dev49 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:34 pm Someone needs to make a Stl-kc pissing match thread so it can stay out of here. Sheesh.
You don't see us posting "bump" on their "blog." Never feed the troll.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

TheSmokinPun wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:58 am
dev49 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:34 pm Someone needs to make a Stl-kc pissing match thread so it can stay out of here. Sheesh.
Exactly^ which is very telling
STLguy1
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by STLguy1 »

TheUrbanRoo wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:29 pm
TheSmokinPun wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:58 am
Exactly^ which is very telling
Bump means I posted the same this three times and I couldn't delete. Idiots
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

UA cut MCI-EWR for Q1

Delta doing JFK-MCI upgauge to E75 equipment. It runs until the end of this month before reverting back to the CR9. Mainline A221 back next April.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

langosta wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:53 pm UA cut MCI-EWR for Q1
Didn’t see that one coming.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Twitter "KCI NEWS" user claims a major announcement coming soon.
“It’s something shocking. It will show how much the airline and its partner wants to invest in MCI. It will also be the smallest airport that the airline flies to.”
but not Europe and not Cayman Airlines. I give the user a 30% chance of being legitimate.

https://twitter.com/YourMciGuy
STLguy1
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by STLguy1 »

The twitter poster is all over the place and has change their story and posts over and over. I'm confused. I would say we are getting a Mexican Airline or a Hawaii route?
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

STLguy1 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:17 am The twitter poster is all over the place and has change their story and posts over and over. I'm confused. I would say we are getting a Mexican Airline or a Hawaii route?
AeroMexico, Hawaiian, or WestJet me thinks.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Alaska Airlines nonstop?
herrfrank
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by herrfrank »

Alaska flies to smaller markets than KC. Could be Hawaiian ?
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

No announcement today according to that Twitter user. I appreciate the enthusiasm that user has, but I’ve learned the hard way to just keep my mouth shut about new things on the horizon as to not look like a jackass. Sometimes saying things can derail entire announcements and cause internal debate. It’s best to only post what’s up once it becomes the reality. In the era where we all want to be “first” to share something, available facts must be clear before proceeding. In the instance of airlines and routes, this is especially true.

In my opinion, I hope it’s a flight to Mexico City. I have an interest in wanting to see Mexico City, but also route through there on the way to South America.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:32 am No announcement today according to that Twitter user. I appreciate the enthusiasm that user has, but I’ve learned the hard way to just keep my mouth shut about new things on the horizon as to not look like a jackass. Sometimes saying things can derail entire announcements and cause internal debate. It’s best to only post what’s up once it becomes the reality. In the era where we all want to be “first” to share something, available facts must be clear before proceeding. In the instance of airlines and routes, this is especially true.

In my opinion, I hope it’s a flight to Mexico City. I have an interest in wanting to see Mexico City, but also route through there on the way to South America.
I really enjoyed the brief time when Southwest connected to CDMX from Hobby. I was a big Southwest flier back then so had points/vague loyalty, etc. Really appreciated how fast it was to get down there for a visit.
msmith011
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by msmith011 »

Mexico City or Honolulu would be awesome. I wonder if the Twitter user was hinting at the return of Icelandair, though.

Some time ago I recall seeing a Business Journal article that cited Honolulu as being the number 1 most traveled to US city from KC that isn't served by a nonstop flight (correct me if I'm wrong).
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

San Antonio announced a press conf. tomorrow...... Rumored to be Europe on Condor. From what I have heard, KC is rumored destination to the south.

Delta, Air France, British Airways still open to us for next year
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

langosta wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:43 pm San Antonio announced a press conf. tomorrow...... Rumored to be Europe on Condor. From what I have heard, KC is rumored destination to the south.

SAT business community really came together unlike here: https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local ... 304550.php
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

hartliss wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:23 pm
langosta wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:43 pm San Antonio announced a press conf. tomorrow...... Rumored to be Europe on Condor. From what I have heard, KC is rumored destination to the south.

SAT business community really came together unlike here: https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local ... 304550.php
SAT now on the Condor.com route map

:cry:
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Truly incredible how every other city but us is able to get a TATL flight
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

hartliss wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:23 pm SAT business community really came together unlike here: https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local ... 304550.php
No one I know in the business community has ever been brought a proposal to donate to. If there was someone leading this initiative, the money would be there. There’s just zero leadership for it and no one thinks it’s their responsibility.
STLguy1
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by STLguy1 »

TheUrbanRoo wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:27 pm Truly incredible how every other city but us is able to get a TATL flight
There are a lot of other cities that don't have TATL service. Unless our business community puts a pledge of monies together or fuels business class airfares from KC, we may not get anything substantial.

As for reputable "sources" from Airliners or Twitter Air accounts, bahhhh