KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Transportation topics in KC
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by swid »

I think we'll continue to see European airlines send more widebodies our way for the foreseeable future, as the Russian airspace closure has a greater impact on their operations than it does for US-based ones.

Of course, it's unlikely that it's the final shoe to drop for KC to get a European non-stop, but the summer 2024 route announcements will be happening soon enough.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Justin Meyer, director in charge at KCI, recently tweeted that Friday marked a significant milestone in airport traffic, boasting the highest number of seats operated in the past 15 years. A total of 47,714 seats were in operation on that day. It's worth noting that the all-time peak occurred back in September 2007, when a 52,000 seats were recorded.

In 2007, Kansas City International Airport (KCI) held the respectable rank of being the 34th busiest airport in the United States. However, over the years, its ranking has slipped to the 40th position in the current year.

During the month of July in 2007, a noteworthy 756,000 seats were recorded at KCI. Comparatively, in July 2023, we observed a slightly lower figure of 686,000 seats. Nevertheless, it is worth acknowledging that 2023 has witnessed an increase in the number of seats compared to 2019, indicating a positive trend in terms of growth.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Cincinnati upsized to a British Airways 777-200 over the winter.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

langosta wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:24 am Cincinnati upsized to a British Airways 777-200 over the winter.

I think it’s due to them taking 787s out of service to redo interiors.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Looks like JetBlue is adjusting the flight times for 2024.

Spring 2024

BOS to MCI: 700am to 929am
MCI to BOS: 655pm to 1055pm

MCI to JFK: 1015am to 202pm
JFK to MCI: 330pm to 601pm

Winter 23/24

Mci to jfk: 552pm -944pm
JFK to mci: 342pm-610pm or 240pm to 5:07pm

BOS to MCI 625am
MCI to BOS 635pm

MCI to JFK: 9:36am
JFK to MCI: 315pm to 5:38pm
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

langosta wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:04 am Looks like JetBlue is adjusting the flight times for 2024.

Spring 2024

BOS to MCI: 700am to 929am
MCI to BOS: 655pm to 1055pm

MCI to JFK: 1015am to 202pm
JFK to MCI: 330pm to 601pm

Winter 23/24

Mci to jfk: 552pm -944pm
JFK to mci: 342pm-610pm or 240pm to 5:07pm

BOS to MCI 625am
MCI to BOS 635pm

MCI to JFK: 9:36am
JFK to MCI: 315pm to 5:38pm
Did they extend the Boston cut? It looks longe than it was before.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Roy Blunt is joining Southwest Airline’s board. Good for KC?
Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sani »

langosta wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:00 pm Roy Blunt is joining Southwest Airline’s board. Good for KC?
Unclear. Are there ex-politicos from other states on the board, and do those states get more service?
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Sani wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:18 pm
langosta wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:00 pm Roy Blunt is joining Southwest Airline’s board. Good for KC?
Unclear. Are there ex-politicos from other states on the board, and do those states get more service?
None
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Forging new territory then. Southwest I think recognizes an opportunity in the center of the nation here, and might be leveraging an asset that they can utilize to alleviate political headaches with expansion? The more likely story is his experience with a number of transport committees while he was in congress is likely going to be utilized, but we can hope for a more local reason, right?
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:59 pm Forging new territory then. Southwest I think recognizes an opportunity in the center of the nation here, and might be leveraging an asset that they can utilize to alleviate political headaches with expansion? The more likely story is his experience with a number of transport committees while he was in congress is likely going to be utilized, but we can hope for a more local reason, right?
Roy Blunt does not care about Missouri, but I appreciate your wish for it to be otherwise.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

smh wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:21 pm
Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:59 pm Forging new territory then. Southwest I think recognizes an opportunity in the center of the nation here, and might be leveraging an asset that they can utilize to alleviate political headaches with expansion? The more likely story is his experience with a number of transport committees while he was in congress is likely going to be utilized, but we can hope for a more local reason, right?
Roy Blunt does not care about Missouri, but I appreciate your wish for it to be otherwise.
Someone’s gotta be the optimist around here :lol:
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:03 pm
smh wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:21 pm
Someone’s gotta be the optimist around here :lol:
Haha, it is appreciated! If you're ever in Springfield be sure to check out the Roy Blunt Terminal at SGF, lol.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Does David Neeleman have some kind of grudge against Kansas City? Whenever he runs an airline KC is always skipped and looked over. Has he ever mentioned KC as why doesn't consider this market, maybe its the South West domination here.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:12 pm Does David Neeleman have some kind of grudge against Kansas City? Whenever he runs an airline KC is always skipped and looked over. Has he ever mentioned KC as why doesn't consider this market, maybe its the South West domination here.
I would be happy if we got Breeze here, but I wonder if the problem comes down to available slots at the airport and fees. Breeze is a budget airline and would have to compete with Southwest, Spirit and Frontier, so maybe he sees a tough market to compete with.

JetBlue, even though he is no longer in charge of it, seems to have done well here (which is why Boston being cut out for a period is odd to me, but maybe winter is the slow time for that route).

KC is perfectly positioned to pick up future airlines for a Mid-Continent hub. JetBlue makes the most sense to me especially with the Spirit merger. But Breeze should honestly take another look. Extra competition never hurt anyone.
SingleMalt12
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by SingleMalt12 »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:43 pm
brewcrew1000 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:12 pm Does David Neeleman have some kind of grudge against Kansas City? Whenever he runs an airline KC is always skipped and looked over. Has he ever mentioned KC as why doesn't consider this market, maybe its the South West domination here.
I would be happy if we got Breeze here, but I wonder if the problem comes down to available slots at the airport and fees. Breeze is a budget airline and would have to compete with Southwest, Spirit and Frontier, so maybe he sees a tough market to compete with.

JetBlue, even though he is no longer in charge of it, seems to have done well here (which is why Boston being cut out for a period is odd to me, but maybe winter is the slow time for that route).

KC is perfectly positioned to pick up future airlines for a Mid-Continent hub. JetBlue makes the most sense to me especially with the Spirit merger. But Breeze should honestly take another look. Extra competition never hurt anyone.
Breeze is a minor player. It wouldn't add much to KCI's numbers. The larger question is why would an airline need a mid continent hub? Dallas, Denver, Ohare, Minneapolis are already hubs. What could KCI add that they don't have? Just wondering.
KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCKev »

We're Kansas City and they're not.
If you're not on the EDGE, you're taking up TOO MUCH ROOM!
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

SingleMalt12 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:44 pm
Chris Stritzel wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:43 pm

Breeze is a minor player. It wouldn't add much to KCI's numbers. The larger question is why would an airline need a mid continent hub? Dallas, Denver, Ohare, Minneapolis are already hubs. What could KCI add that they don't have? Just wondering.

JetBlue: no mid continent hub but will need one to challenge United, Delta, American, and Southwest
Southwest: capacity constrained at MDW and DAL. STL connecting operation provides sub par experience. Denver took a lot of this need. Maybe we could grab STL if they don’t end up building a new terminal in 2026 like they’ve been taking about.
Breeze: PTP today but could conceivably grow into a Southwest size/style with connecting cities.
Alaskan: No Midwest hub but doesn’t have the growth drive of a JetBlue to really need one either. I think they are going to struggle if they don’t expand naturally or merge with a Hawaiian or expanded Breeze.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

JetBlue loads haven’t been good and with the AA agreement going away I wouldn’t be shocked to see them leave altogether. Which is a shame. I was hoping they would make better in roads.

I still think an Alaska/JetBlue merger makes the most sense. So it probably won’t happen
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

langosta wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:26 pm JetBlue: no mid continent hub but will need one to challenge United, Delta, American, and Southwest
Southwest: capacity constrained at MDW and DAL. STL connecting operation provides sub par experience. Denver took a lot of this need. Maybe we could grab STL if they don’t end up building a new terminal in 2026 like they’ve been taking about.
Any chance MCI takes load off of DEN in the future? I'm pretty ignorant in this area, but my anecdotal experience is that the Denver terminals continue to feel overrun by humanity the last several times I've flown through.