New Chiefs Stadium

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: New Chiefs Stadium

Post by beautyfromashes »

WoodDraw wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:35 pm NCAA already has their place in Indianapolis...
Man, you just ruined my night. I hate that city and their supposed claim to basketball. The Final Four should be in Kansas City on a regular basis. Our metro invented the game and all...
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

beautyfromashes wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:57 pm
WoodDraw wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:35 pm NCAA already has their place in Indianapolis...
Man, you just ruined my night. I hate that city and their supposed claim to basketball. The Final Four should be in Kansas City on a regular basis. Our metro invented the game and all...
KC has hosted the most Men’s Final Fours (10)

For reference, Indy will host their ninth men’s championship in 2026 at Lucas Oil Stadium
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Cratedigger wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:09 pm KC has hosted the most Men’s Final Fours (10)

For reference, Indy will host their ninth men’s championship in 2026 at Lucas Oil Stadium
It’s been 35 years….35 years! While Indy is now basically on a 5 year rotation.
bspecht
New York Life
New York Life

Post by bspecht »

Basketball was invented by in Massachusetts – Naismith moved to Kansas 7 years later, after getting a degree in Denver.

KC doesn't have a 60,000+ indoor venue to host a Final Four.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Last edited by langosta on Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Have to believe you'll see that out of arrowhead 2.0
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

There’s no reason why a newly built Arrowhead stadium shouldn’t be just as cool and high tech as that stadium. Absolutely no reason. Three smaller metros are all proposing or building stadiums like this now. The more time goes on the more Arrowhead just feels like a relic of its time.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Last edited by langosta on Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
KC_Ari
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KC_Ari »

All these fancy stadium proposals just make me want less and less money to go towards the Chiefs or Royals in KC. I have no FOMO in this regard. If I really want to go to a new fancy high tech stadium, I'll take a trip to go to Sofi.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

KC just fucked up where it out all of the stadiums.
Royals should be in 18th and Vine or East village
Sporting should be on the river or in a compact stadium downtown
Chiefs should be where they are with a covered roof that allows for a multipurpose use
And TMobile is fine

But money talks so they all made decisions
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

And for the don't Monday quarterback fans, these proposals were all out there.

David Glass killed the idea of downtown. Patterson hated downtown. The chiefs whatever. Just suck in money and live a good lifestyle for the kids.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

I really wouldn’t be surprised if the Chiefs end up throwing a curveball and want to ditch the TSC. All the new stadiums are in places where the teams can get residual income with entertainment, residential and retail. No chance of that where they are now.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

langosta wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:41 am
TheUrbanRoo wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:49 am There’s no reason why a newly built Arrowhead stadium shouldn’t be just as cool and high tech as that stadium. Absolutely no reason. Three smaller metros are all proposing or building stadiums like this now. The more time goes on the more Arrowhead just feels like a relic of its time.
I mean cost is a pretty massive reason.

I like the idea of a downtown stadium and an indoor stadium and a high tech stadium but I can also like a dozen+ items I’d rather spend that money on.
That’s why I said *three smaller metros* are doing stadiums like these and no reason the Chiefs shouldn’t. Buffalo doesn’t even have any money. Jacksonville isn’t swimming in wealth either. Especially given the success of the Chiefs, there’s no reason money should be in the way of them getting a stadium like that. If any team in the league has earned it it’s the Kansas City Chiefs. I hope they aim high on this.
bhedges1987
Pad site
Pad site

Post by bhedges1987 »

I don't think I'll ever be on board for a domed stadium for the chiefs just so they can host a few extra events a year. There are a few rare bands that actually sell out football stadiums one of which is Taylor swift, and she just comes here in the summer. Indoor football games feel to corporate. Just my opinion.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Maybe taking too much out of a ring but there sure is a lot of Arrowhead stadium references on the new super bowl ring to be now looking to completely move away from it.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Yes that seems like you are looking too much intonit
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Mark Donovan (Chiefs president) said at the podium today that the Chiefs preference is to renovate Arrowhead.

He did say "all the options are still on the table though" *rolls eyes*
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

I know this is just talk, but I'm not sure that will fly with some folks. Chiefs are ok with renovating their stadium, but the Royals need a brand new one?
KC is the way to be!
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Oh, they’ll still want the same money haha
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I read Donovan's comments differently. He said the politically-correct thing (for Chiefs' fans) by saying the preference was to renovate Arrowhead Stadium. Then he said that depends on if there are structurally-problematic issues with the concrete understructure. That statement is a preparatory statement in public relations speak. It's for later when they start showing cracks in the concrete and rusting rebar visible from places where concrete has broken off. "Aw shucks, sorry we are going to need a completely new stadium after all for public safety."