Origin Riverfront Hotel

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
smh
Supporter

Re: Origin Riverfront Hotel

Post by smh »

Sure, I guess. I'm just suggesting that the rendering looks like a regular highway exit Hampton Inn as opposed to something more walkable and urban in its design.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

^Agreed. Only reason I'm not too upset is because I don't really care much about this area of the city in general
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

The hotel and footprint doesn't look terrible and I like the parallel parking on the hotel side. But what is with the parking across the street from the hotel? Shouldn't that also be parallel parking with a building there? Maybe I don't understand the site. How many surface spaces will this hotel have and are there more than what's shown in the rendering? Does this have a garage.
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

Regarding parking for the Origin Hotel,fFrom the KCBJ, July 26:
Project plans reflect 67 temporary surface parking spaces that will be replaced in the future, once a shared parking garage is completed nearby.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

missingkc wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:47 pm Regarding parking for the Origin Hotel,fFrom the KCBJ, July 26:
Project plans reflect 67 temporary surface parking spaces that will be replaced in the future, once a shared parking garage is completed nearby.
That makes more sense. Hopefully the surface lot is developed relatively quickly.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Progress

bspecht
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by bspecht »

Nice. Riverfront is going to really be buzzing next year with this wrapping up, Current stadium, the 7-story project in front of CORE going up & beer garden structure. Just need other side of this lot to fill and streetcar extension – then shoot for bigger & better!
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Pretty cool seeing the continued progress. Surprised nothing has been announced for the lots around the stadium yet.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

GRID wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:01 pm Pretty cool seeing the continued progress. Surprised nothing has been announced for the lots around the stadium yet.
That RFP came out recently, they’re likely either waiting on those, or reviewing them.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Do those cranes count in any crane count/watch? Always iffy on them counting or not.