KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Transportation topics in KC
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by dev49 »

Not really a surprise but just noting it. Portland for Alaska will suspend for the season Oct 1.

It had been scheduled to suspend after New Years. I can’t remember when it did las year but October sounds about right.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Allegiant adding flight to Vegas for chiefs/Vegas game.
ericwyner
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ericwyner »

dev49 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:44 pm Allegiant adding flight to Vegas for chiefs/Vegas game.
Money well spent on naming rights, but it's actually GEHA Field at Arrowhead West :lol:
ericwyner
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ericwyner »

dev49 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:44 pm Allegiant adding flight to Vegas for chiefs/Vegas game.
Those games might be moved due to flex scheduling, will they allow cancellations or rescheduling?
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

ericwyner wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:21 pm
Those games might be moved due to flex scheduling, will they allow cancellations or rescheduling?
That game should not move since it's already a prime afternoon game at 325 game. I thought only the 12 games could be moved since the 325 ones are kind of blocked by cbs and fox
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:53 am
ericwyner wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:21 pm
That game should not move since it's already a prime afternoon game at 325 game. I thought only the 12 games could be moved since the 325 ones are kind of blocked by cbs and fox
It is the first week they can flex a game to Monday but since the chiefs play the Monday before I doubt it gets flexed to be 2 weeks in a row, plus I don’t think they flex Chicago out of Monday.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Justin Meyer has taken over until a new replacement can be found. This could be good for getting that TATL done
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Air Traffic up 19% in April YOY. STL up just 6%. KCI can pass STL in 3 years however unlikely to keep current growth. STL the bigger and more established hub. KC is just getting back up to speed.

FunJet also announced their 2024 schedule. More routes/updates are possible later on.

CANCUN
Departure Days
TU, TH, FR, SU TU, TH, FR, SU
Departure Dates
01/02/24 – 08/09/24 11/21/24 – 12/31/24
Number of Nights
2-14 2-14

Edit: Vacation express also has their initial 2024 schedule out. Pretty much same as this year + March dates.
Last edited by langosta on Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

langosta wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:00 pm Justin Meyer has taken over until a new replacement can be found. This could be good for getting that TATL done
Justin is fantastic and I hope he gets the job long term.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

langosta wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:01 pm Air Traffic up 19% in April YOY. STL up just 6%. KCI can pass STL in 3 years however unlikely to keep current growth. STL the bigger and more established hub. KC is just getting back up to speed.
Good to see a great month but it might be a little getting ahead of ourselves.

For perspective.
Looks like we have gained 100k more passengers (a little under 70k more in April so April is really skewed) so far this year than STL. So that’s great to see, I assume the new terminal is opening up options.

Last year we gained 2,136,658. STL gained 3,313,984. So we have some catching up to do that I think the old terminal held us back on.

I’m more interested in when we start hitting over 2019 numbers before I worry too much about STL or other cites. For me that’s a hurdle we need to pass before I start looking too much forward.

Great news about Justin. He 100% makes the most sense to be interim… and maybe longer.
STLguy1
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by STLguy1 »

I think that moat airports want to see the airlines get completely back on track, with pilot and employee shortages and equipment shortages, it could take a couple years to rebound. Getting TATL may take some time as well, especially when airlines are strapped and cannot add additional frequencies to the markets they are in now. This was in the Biz Journal today about STL.

"Lufthansa, meanwhile, "would have loved to go to five days" this summer for its St. Louis to Frankfurt, Germany, nonstop flight, Hamm-Niebruegge said, but has also been hampered by staffing shortages. It currently operates the route three days a week.

"With many of Lufthansa's flights sold out, the airport continues to see the demand being met. "Hamm-Niebruegge said. The airport celebrated one year service with Lufthansa this last week. Lufthansa officials said that the airline averaged 94% overall capacity on its St. Louis - Frankfurt flights throughout this last year.

When asked about more Lufthansa service, "We think that, too, is forthcoming now and 2024, though we don't have confirmation of that," she said. The airline has reported heavy load factors for the flight, something Lambert is "very happy" with, she added.

Lambert has said that this year, it could come within 5% of 2019's pre-pandemic total of nearly 16 million. Earlier traffic and passenger projections were lower for the new terminal and may have to be adjusted with the growth the airport is seeing over the last year, according to Hamm-Niebruegge. "It is something we are taking into consideration with the progress in planning the new terminal"

With that high of load factors, I am sure other international airlines are going to look at STL as a "player" for more TATL service. This may hanper us and other markets from getting new service as the airlines look to where they have proven load factors to add additional frequency first.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

STLguy1 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:12 am I think that moat airports want to see the airlines get completely back on track, with pilot and employee shortages and equipment shortages, it could take a couple years to rebound. Getting TATL may take some time as well, especially when airlines are strapped and cannot add additional frequencies to the markets they are in now. This was in the Biz Journal today about STL.

"Lufthansa, meanwhile, "would have loved to go to five days" this summer for its St. Louis to Frankfurt, Germany, nonstop flight, Hamm-Niebruegge said, but has also been hampered by staffing shortages. It currently operates the route three days a week.

"With many of Lufthansa's flights sold out, the airport continues to see the demand being met. "Hamm-Niebruegge said. The airport celebrated one year service with Lufthansa this last week. Lufthansa officials said that the airline averaged 94% overall capacity on its St. Louis - Frankfurt flights throughout this last year.

When asked about more Lufthansa service, "We think that, too, is forthcoming now and 2024, though we don't have confirmation of that," she said. The airline has reported heavy load factors for the flight, something Lambert is "very happy" with, she added.

Lambert has said that this year, it could come within 5% of 2019's pre-pandemic total of nearly 16 million. Earlier traffic and passenger projections were lower for the new terminal and may have to be adjusted with the growth the airport is seeing over the last year, according to Hamm-Niebruegge. "It is something we are taking into consideration with the progress in planning the new terminal"

With that high of load factors, I am sure other international airlines are going to look at STL as a "player" for more TATL service. This may hanper us and other markets from getting new service as the airlines look to where they have proven load factors to add additional frequency first.
I guess it depends depends on how many airlines both are in the mix for on how much it hampers us. I can’t see BA or Delta going to STL at this point with Lufthansa there, so if that’s who we are most focused on then it shouldn’t hamper us much, assuming we are in the game for those. If it’s an Aer Lingus type then it might be more of a competition.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

dev49 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:29 am
STLguy1 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:12 am I think that moat airports want to see the airlines get completely back on track, with pilot and employee shortages and equipment shortages, it could take a couple years to rebound. Getting TATL may take some time as well, especially when airlines are strapped and cannot add additional frequencies to the markets they are in now. This was in the Biz Journal today about STL.

I guess it depends depends on how many airlines both are in the mix for on how much it hampers us. I can’t see BA or Delta going to STL at this point with Lufthansa there, so if that’s who we are most focused on then it shouldn’t hamper us much, assuming we are in the game for those. If it’s an Aer Lingus type then it might be more of a competition.
We really need the A321XLRs to come online - a range that would get KC/STL to Western Europe but not needing to fill 300+ seats to do it. Really impressed with STL’s LH service - kudos to that market for responding and filling planes.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

hartliss wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:17 am
dev49 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:29 am

We really need the A321XLRs to come online - a range that would get KC/STL to Western Europe but not needing to fill 300+ seats to do it. Really impressed with STL’s LH service - kudos to that market for responding and filling planes.
100% agree with XLR thoughts. Should be a big deal for mid-sized cities. I’ll be interested to see what range it actually has with passengers and luggage to see how far a flight we can actually get. I’ve heard there is some disconnect between what airbus is saying and what airlines actually think it will be. Just hope deliveries don’t get pushed again.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

I’m sure there are people that wouldn’t mind a narrow body across the Atlantic, but I’m not one of them.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

WoodDraw wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:06 pm I’m sure there are people that wouldn’t mind a narrow body across the Atlantic, but I’m not one of them.
The seat is the same size. So it doesn’t make a difference to me especially for a nonstop over a stop
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

dev49 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:01 pm
WoodDraw wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:06 pm I’m sure there are people that wouldn’t mind a narrow body across the Atlantic, but I’m not one of them.
The seat is the same size. So it doesn’t make a difference to me especially for a nonstop over a stop
Even if you’re not paying for premium classes, something like economy delight on Virgin is completely different than being on a narrow body.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

WNnadded a Saturday KC to STL flight in July.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

Something to monitor, this is from the station manager at MCI for UAL: https://twitter.com/mitchelldonise/stat ... _GE3Wh2qhw
Noahfleshman
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Noahfleshman »

I rest my case. ^