Cerner West Campus, Village West

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
SilentSpades24
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Cerner West Campus, Village West

Post by SilentSpades24 »

kcjak wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:02 am
SilentSpades24 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:08 pm Unified Government Board of Commissioners very opposed to this project. It has been held over one month for further discussion. Commissioners actually are out here exclaiming that we need more office space and this needs to be preserved as office space only. They don't even want to entertain a mixed-use office park.

As a young person trying to make this county better and bring great development to this county, trying to do the best we can and lay a framework to revive this county, this bs is so discouraging in every single way possible. Absolutely awful. Sorry for the rant but this attitude absolutely dejects me and burns me up.
I hope you let your elected officials know of your viewpoints - it may not do any good but I've lived in a family that for generations has complained about a LOT, yet never even voiced their displeasure to the people would could make a difference. Unless elected officials know their stance is unpopular then nothing will ever change.
As directly as I can through my work I have done my best to voice that opinion as has our entire department....we still have some folks in power (elected by Piper, Bonner, and Edwardsville..) that are convinced we need to keep the regressive destructive policies that have continued to fail KCK.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

I guess people in KCK government don't realize that there is like zero chance those buildings are leased as office space. Especially at class A rates.

Terrible location for office space.
SilentSpades24
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by SilentSpades24 »

GRID wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 11:33 am I guess people in KCK government don't realize that there is like zero chance those buildings are leased as office space. Especially at class A rates.

Terrible location for office space.
It is beyond wild how out of touch some of the elected are in WyCo.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Better for Commercial or Entertainment or Sports.
SilentSpades24
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by SilentSpades24 »

CHANGE OF ZONE APPROVED 6 IN FAVOR AND 3 OPPOSED. Kane, Stites, Davis opposed. This is in Stites own district and right adjacent to Kane's district.

This project will move forward with a Final Development Plan, Final Replatt, and a Development Agreement.

224-232 apartment units in the north tower with ground floor retail. South tower will remain office. Parking lot to be redeveloped. Plans brought forward in the future for the lot redevelopment. Open space/conservation parcel will be platted and dedicated as an easement.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Lots Pad Sites.