Plaza move-ins (ongoing)

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Plaza move-ins (ongoing)

Post by Highlander »

For those of you who are Star subscribers, how did the Star's Dillards vs Target poll on May 10 turn out?

Almost sounds like they pulled that idea off the Rag.
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

Highlander wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:34 am For those of you who are Star subscribers, how did the Star's Dillards vs Target poll on May 10 turn out?

Almost sounds like they pulled that idea off the Rag.
Embarrassing.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Noahfleshman wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:46 pm BUILD A GROCERY STORE
who do you want Ramey Price Cutter or Meijer or Kroger or Deibergs or so on.

In and Out not happening at moment in MO if your were wanting it.
Noahfleshman
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Noahfleshman »

I caught your subtle insult butthole, have fun with your burger chain I’m sure Patrick has shoved plenty of his whataburger down your throat.. although if you actually had a clue of what’s going on in midtown, and that entire area you’d realize that the plaza needs to quit catering to yuppies, and focus on the neighborhood / neighborhoods that surround it. Sunfresh doesn’t quite do the job, and the Whole Foods and brookside market only focus on certain demographics *majority of the people on this fourm… The city can’t control crime so let’s build an Apple store and luxury hotel chains. The plaza is a juxtaposition of itself, always has been and always will be.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

There is really only one luxury hotel chain on the plaza and it’s maybe one of the worst hotels of that chain. Lots of boutiques but nothing stand out.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Noahfleshman wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:29 pm I caught your subtle insult butthole, have fun with your burger chain I’m sure Patrick has shoved plenty of his whataburger down your throat.. although if you actually had a clue of what’s going on in midtown, and that entire area you’d realize that the plaza needs to quit catering to yuppies, and focus on the neighborhood / neighborhoods that surround it. Sunfresh doesn’t quite do the job, and the Whole Foods and brookside market only focus on certain demographics *majority of the people on this fourm… The city can’t control crime so let’s build an Apple store and luxury hotel chains. The plaza is a juxtaposition of itself, always has been and always will be.
Nope. We don't do personal attacks here.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Noahfleshman wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:29 pm I caught your subtle insult butthole, have fun with your burger chain I’m sure Patrick has shoved plenty of his whataburger down your throat.. although if you actually had a clue of what’s going on in midtown, and that entire area you’d realize that the plaza needs to quit catering to yuppies, and focus on the neighborhood / neighborhoods that surround it. Sunfresh doesn’t quite do the job, and the Whole Foods and brookside market only focus on certain demographics *majority of the people on this fourm… The city can’t control crime so let’s build an Apple store and luxury hotel chains. The plaza is a juxtaposition of itself, always has been and always will be.
We definitely don’t come at MGSports like that…he was stating nothing more than a recently released statement and inquiring as to choice. The was zero malice in his comment.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

CityScene says it’s good to go and they will be doing this development on the church site now. Council expected to fully approve today.

https://cityscenekc.com/plaza-restauran ... 6-opening/
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

Pretty ugly. 90% of the architecture of the plaza mall is just so bad
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Historic KC is such a joke.

Can someone remind me of the positives of the Overlay? You'd think that it would protect historic structures and require anything new fit into the existing vibe of the area. But I guess it just means height and retail at street level?

Whatever. At least there will be activation here now.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

That latest rendering shows some sort of tower on the corner?
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

While I'll miss the church, I'm hopeful this will look better than the renderings. I still wish the residential option would've happened here as that would've been a better deal in the long-term.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

If this wasn’t a church it wouldn’t be happening.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Hit the tail end of the 100th Anniversary celebration yesterday. Did anyone go earlier? Pretty disappointing party in the parking lot. Amazingly low-key considering the milestone.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

‘Violent trespassers’: Plaza restaurant closes dining room in evenings, blames teens

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/viole ... &ei=9&rc=1
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

FangKC wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:37 am ‘Violent trespassers’: Plaza restaurant closes dining room in evenings, blames teens

For how many years has this been going on now? And still no solution.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

kcjak wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:08 am
FangKC wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:37 am ‘Violent trespassers’: Plaza restaurant closes dining room in evenings, blames teens

What solution can u have without the business being labeled as racist? I guarantee u groups of teens are going to a whataburger or Andy's in overland park but they are not causing havoc. Wonder what tourists think of the plaza when they see groups of idiots fighting and just being obnoxious, it really cannot be a good look for out of towners
ericwyner
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ericwyner »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:57 am
kcjak wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:08 am

What solution can u have without the business being labeled as racist?
parents required?
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

This seems to be a worse problem in KC than many other cities. Before people go off on me, many other cities have much worse problems....

I think it seems worse in KC because KC only has a few areas in the city to go, Plaza etc. so you just see it more.

Anyway, the plaza, sometimes Crown Center, and last time I was in town, the area around Sprint Center can be overrun by urban teens and pre teens. I'm really surprised this has not become a problem on the streetcar, but once the line is much longer, it might become a problem.

I'm so sick of the younger urban crowd being totally lawless and disrespectful in this country though. One of my biggest pet peeves in DC is how people jump the turnstiles at metro stations. It's so minor yet so childish, immature and just basically shows how people just do not care bout following any rules anymore. You just don't see that in other countries to such a degree.

America's poverty/uneducated population (both urban and rural) is going to be what ends us. We have so much now.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

You have not spent much time in Europe! The youths are all the same no matter where you go. I think comparatively, maybe even worse in Europe