Tracks 215 Project

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Tracks 215 Project

Post by Highlander »

langosta wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:46 pm
KC_Ari wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:31 pm Story about the lawsuit came out today. Looks like it is regarding the residential portion of the Freighthouse Village development that Lux Living is going to take over.
Lux's suit against 3D's Tracks 215 LLC, filed Monday in Jackson County Circuit Court, accuses the developer of not meeting closing conditions for two parcels southeast of 20th and Walnut streets. Lux won approval in November to build a seven-story, 246-apartment complex, called the Freight House Village apartments, with support from incentives that 3D previously had secured for the site.
https://www-bizjournals-com.kclibrary.i ... house.html
Tracks 215 (apartment building) and Tracks 215 LLC are different now. The LLC, owned by Vince Bryant, owns the site for Lux’s project. The Travks 215 apartment building is now owned and developed by Milhaus
So is this project dead, just delayed or in total limbo regarding its future?
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Project site looked pretty active to me when I went there this morning
KC_Ari
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KC_Ari »

Highlander wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:50 am
langosta wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:46 pm
KC_Ari wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:31 pm Story about the lawsuit came out today. Looks like it is regarding the residential portion of the Freighthouse Village development that Lux Living is going to take over.

https://www-bizjournals-com.kclibrary.i ... house.html
Tracks 215 (apartment building) and Tracks 215 LLC are different now. The LLC, owned by Vince Bryant, owns the site for Lux’s project. The Travks 215 apartment building is now owned and developed by Milhaus
So is this project dead, just delayed or in total limbo regarding its future?
The one this thread is about is alive. I also saw the crane moving earlier this week. The one in the lawsuit is a couple blocks away and currently houses CITYDOGs KC, that one is in limbo.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

The Milhaus apartment building has a brand now. Vue? Signs are up at the site, but their website still says Tracks 215.

The remaining 3D project has multiple components. Lux was only involved in the residential piece at 20th & Walnut.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

DaveKCMO wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:31 am The Milhaus apartment building has a brand now. Vue? Signs are up at the site, but their website still says Tracks 215.
I’d be surprised if they went from calling it “ViaKC” to “Vue”, but Vue sounds a little better in my opinion.

https://www.viakc.com
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

August 7th. Progress has been slow on this one.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

They've probably had to waste a lot of time pumping rainwater out of the garage basin.
herrfrank
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by herrfrank »

I am surprised people want to live so close to the mainline KC Terminal Railway tracks. The horn noise of course is audible all over the metro, but these people are close enough to hear the track and bogie noise.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

herrfrank wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:03 am I am surprised people want to live so close to the mainline KC Terminal Railway tracks. The horn noise of course is audible all over the metro, but these people are close enough to hear the track and bogie noise.
I think some people enjoy it, but I also agree with you. Have visited people in Western Auto many times and the train noise is audible and frequent.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:43 pm August 7th. Progress has been slow on this one.
Doesn't look like much if any progress since I posted about this in May. I was downtown a couple of weeks ago and saw the crane moving and there were at least a few workers on site so some work is being done. I wonder why progress is so slow? Once that initial investment is made, it behooves a company to get the point they can start recovering it as quickly as possible.
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

FangKC wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:50 am They've probably had to waste a lot of time pumping rainwater out of the garage basin.
And from what I've been told, simultaneously not pulling water out of the ground from the neighboring properties which could damage them as they've been sitting in saturated ground for 100+ years.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

I have a buddy that moved from Chicago to Kc. Said he needed to be near train tracks otherwise it was too quiet
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

herrfrank wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:03 am I am surprised people want to live so close to the mainline KC Terminal Railway tracks. The horn noise of course is audible all over the metro, but these people are close enough to hear the track and bogie noise.
I'm sure it is hat you get used too. Think about those people who have apartments right next to I35 that are along SW Blvd. 8)

I mean some of those places you can open a window and almost touch traffic. I'm guessing soundproofing to an extent will be built in to help minimize it.
bspecht
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by bspecht »

bspecht wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:03 pm Very fresh "satellite" data from Jackson County in the parcel viewer: https://jcgis.jacksongov.org/parcelviewer/

kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

There doesn't seem to be much progress on this project lately - what's going on?
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

kcjak wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:34 am There doesn't seem to be much progress on this project lately - what's going on?
Groundwater issues had to be remediated at the site from what I’ve heard
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

From yesterday

Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:43 pm From yesterday

That shows progress at least from the August photos. The pillars to the left were not there in August and the ramp looks advanced as well. I don't understand how companies can move so slowly on these projects. The crane rental alone has to be fairly pricey. When my company started spending money on a project, we endeavored to finish as quickly as possible as the amount of time before a return on the investment really impacts the project's bottom line.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

I don't think I've seen a garage take this long, either, but I suspect the water issues they encountered early on led them to a garage design that's more intense than those on higher ground.