Olathe

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: olathe lands another plum

Post by Sani »

UNEXPECTED UPDATE: What the former Farmers CEO said about permanent virtual work and selling off the real estate? Yeah, forget that. New CEO announced Wednesday night that almost all employees have to start going to the office three days per week starting September 1. Last year's financial results were dismal and whatever pandemic-era "take care of our employees, we care about them" attitude was left in management is long gone. So good news, I guess, if you were worried about the three Farmers buildings sitting empty. Policy Services and call center employees are exempt from the return-to-office requirement, at least for now.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

It bothers me more than it should that Olathe in the title of this thread isn’t capitalized.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:38 pm It bothers me more than it should that Olathe in the title of this thread isn’t capitalized.
THANK YOU!!

Also bothersome is why not just a simple title like Olathe?
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Olathe

Post by Highlander »

kcjak wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:41 am
Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:38 pm It bothers me more than it should that Olathe in the title of this thread isn’t capitalized.
THANK YOU!!

I started the thread in 2005. Not sure why it's titled as such as I usually try to be grammatically correct. Probably just trying to be sarcastic regarding yet another company move to the outer suburbs.

The thread should now be titled Olathe. All is well in the world.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: Olathe

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Highlander wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:23 am
kcjak wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:41 am
THANK YOU!!

I started the thread in 2005. Not sure why it's titled as such as I usually try to be grammatically correct. Probably just trying to be sarcastic regarding yet another company move to the outer suburbs.

The thread should now be titled Olathe. All is well in the world.
Praise the lord. Thank you for your service
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Sani wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:13 pm UNEXPECTED UPDATE: What the former Farmers CEO said about permanent virtual work and selling off the real estate? Yeah, forget that. New CEO announced Wednesday night that almost all employees have to start going to the office three days per week starting September 1. Last year's financial results were dismal and whatever pandemic-era "take care of our employees, we care about them" attitude was left in management is long gone. So good news, I guess, if you were worried about the three Farmers buildings sitting empty. Policy Services and call center employees are exempt from the return-to-office requirement, at least for now.

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity ... ace.html

KCBJ confirms
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

Interesting to see this and the plan laid out is what I have thought more companies will go to. Setup a radius to work, say 30 miles and if you live within you are looking at full in office or hybrid 3 days a week in office, with flexibility to work from home as needed, such as needing to stay home with a sick child, etc. and not burn through PTO. There can be exceptions for full remote and work with people on case by case but a model similar to this I feel will be coming to more & more businesses as they start to see the benefits of those in the office vs. full remote. Interesting times and as more & more companies watch how other companies approach this issue I think we see more copy cat policies
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Cratedigger wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:51 am
The Olathe facility, named Project Sandhills, would take over production of the Choice Beef cuts for most of the unnamed company's stores in Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, North Dakota, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri and Arkansas. It also wold be responsible for Choice Beef in all of the company's Kansas stores, according to documents filed with the city.
Walmart identified as the retailer

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascit ... lls.html
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 66981.html

Children's Mercy and KVC Health Systems will open a $53 million 72-bed mental health inpatient hospital in Olathe, Kan. Target for opening is late 2024. It will have capacity to care for more than 3,400 patients annually and will create approximately 150 new jobs.
The new hospital will serve as an inpatient mental health healing campus, which will include three separate 24-bed units – 48 pediatric beds and 24 adult beds, six private courtyards, walking paths, and dining and activity space. The design and healing environment are centered on staff and patient safety, supportive care and treatment spaces, patient wellness, and connection with nature.