I-70

Transportation topics in KC
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: I-70

Post by DaveKCMO »

Missouri Dems really patting themselves on the back for their climate denialism.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

The north crossing of the two new Rocheport bridges is open and the old bridge is being torn down. This project is moving much quicker than the Buck O' bridge, but then most of that is because it is also a complicated interchange.
Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sani »

https://fox2now.com/news/missouri/gov-m ... ill-today/
ST. CHARLES COUNTY, Mo. – Drivers will soon see at least three lanes on Interstate 70 across the entire state of Missouri.

The new legislation will expand I-70 across the entire state to at least three lanes. Governor Mike Parson introduced the plan earlier this year, and he was in Foristell Monday for the ceremonial signing of House Bill 4.

The work is expected to ease congestion on the heavily traveled interstate between St. Louis and Kansas City. It’s a 200-mile stretch of I-70 that will start in St. Charles County and go all the way to Blue Springs, which is just outside Kansas City.

The bill Governor Parson signed is a nearly $3 billion plan to expand the stretch of I-70 from two lanes to three. A lot of stretches of I-70 in more rural areas are only two lanes right now.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Damn, if only there were a chronically underfunded rail route that patrolled this corridor, with the ability to scale far more than any highway ever could, with a fraction of this total investment
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

Just one more lane bro
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

MODOT just dropped the entire truss superstructure of the Rocheport bridge into the river, blocking the entire width of the river. Will this be done with the old Broadway bridge in KC?