KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Transportation topics in KC
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by beautyfromashes »

Will it into existence. I've actually seen rumors turn into reality in some sense because of them. I've been in the know on a few things that were just not happening. Then a rumor started that it was and it was like the pebble that pushed the boulder over the top. People heard it was happening and started responding and preparing like it was. So, spread the rumor.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

American drops to 1/X per day from May-August to LGA.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

hartliss wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:57 am American drops to 1/X per day from May-August to LGA.
Not ideal. Sometimes I wonder how long this route will stay around. It’s come and gone several times. I’m guessing delta and southwest are sucking up most passengers.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

dev49 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:37 am
hartliss wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:57 am American drops to 1/X per day from May-August to LGA.
Not ideal. Sometimes I wonder how long this route will stay around. It’s come and gone several times. I’m guessing delta and southwest are sucking up most passengers.
Over on airliners.net the suspicion is that it may have something to do with the lack of ATC serving that region and the feds asking airlines to be mindful of scheduling…

Regardless the yields on that route are atrocious, WN probably has the best out of the three.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Nonstops to NYC in June

LGA
AA 1xE170
Delta 4xRJ mix of E175 and CRJ900
Southwest 2x737

Newark
United 2x - 1xE175 1xA320

JFK
Delta 1xE175
JetBlue 1xA220-300
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

I'm surprised that Delta flies that as a regional.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

WoodDraw wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:16 pm I'm surprised that Delta flies that as a regional.
They do. It's not fun.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

I can imagine. Not a good option on that list tbh.
Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sani »

What's wrong with JetBlue's A220?
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

I actually like E175s. But I know it isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.

I feel like NYC (and DCA) usually is heavy on RJs to mid sized cities to keep slots full. So frequency is higher but planes are smaller. Although I guess delta is the only one with more than 2 a day.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Sani wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:06 am What's wrong with JetBlue's A220?
Nothing, depending on your preference between lga and jfk. and I think they codeshare with American. Which I forgot about. So that makes sense.

I’m just surprised delta doesn’t do 220 as well.
trexel94
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by trexel94 »

WoodDraw wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:18 am
Sani wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:06 am What's wrong with JetBlue's A220?
Nothing, depending on your preference between lga and jfk. and I think they codeshare with American. Which I forgot about. So that makes sense.

I’m just surprised delta doesn’t do 220 as well.
DL is scheduled to upgrade JFK to the A220 this fall.
trexel94
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by trexel94 »

Cayman Islands potentially in the works. KC specifically mentioned in consideration along with CLE and Texas. We'll see what happens later this year. Didn't see this one coming and would be an interesting add.

Direct from the article.

"The Compass understands a Kansas City, Missouri, route is also being considered.
Bryan said it was too soon to officially announce the new routes, as these areas “are under consideration and, hopefully, we can say something at the end of this year”.

Who would fly the route? I'm assuming WN since KX only has five 737s but sure would be nice to have the Turtle touch down at MCI

https://www.caymancompass.com/2023/04/0 ... -gateways/

Justin is working overtime. Pains me to think where we could have been if we just built a normal airport from the beginning
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

trexel94 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:45 pm Cayman Islands potentially in the works. KC specifically mentioned in consideration along with CLE and Texas. We'll see what happens later this year. Didn't see this one coming and would be an interesting add.

Direct from the article.

"The Compass understands a Kansas City, Missouri, route is also being considered.
Bryan said it was too soon to officially announce the new routes, as these areas “are under consideration and, hopefully, we can say something at the end of this year”.

Who would fly the route? I'm assuming WN since KX only has five 737s but sure would be nice to have the Turtle touch down at MCI

https://www.caymancompass.com/2023/04/0 ... -gateways/

Justin is working overtime. Pains me to think where we could have been if we just built a normal airport from the beginning
I almost think a charter operator is more likely than Southwest (Apple Vacations/vacation express). Southwest only flys there from Baltimore and Fort Lauderdale with Baltimore only seasonal. Hard for me to believe we would come before Houston or Midway.

But I’d love to see it on any airline
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Kansas City Metro is not a Cayman islands kind of place, it's a beautiful place but it's expensive and there are basically no all inclusive resorts
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

Lockton insurance captive express?
trexel94
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by trexel94 »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:57 am Kansas City Metro is not a Cayman islands kind of place, it's a beautiful place but it's expensive and there are basically no all inclusive resorts
Apparently they beg to differ and maybe KC should expand their horizons beyond Cancun and Florida. I know the Cayman Islands is one of the top diving destinations in the world so it has that going for it along with a nice sized financial sector with it being a British territory so business travel potential as well. Most flights to Grand Cayman only operate 2x per week plus i'm assuming the flight would attract flyers from outside the metro.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

KCI showed up a couple times in best/worst loads for January.

FLL on Southwest was one is the best southwest routes. 94%
Orlando was one of the best Spirit routes 87%

Vegas was one of the worst Frontier routes 56%
Boston was one of the worst JetBlue routes. 48%

So a little mixed bag.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

That Boston route makes no sense to me unless they start marketing it internationally.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

WoodDraw wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:00 am That Boston route makes no sense to me unless they start marketing it internationally.
I really hope this route sticks around. Fares are so cheap to Boston right now 49-69 one way basically and this route has to be a big reason why