GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by im2kull »

Goonies wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:14 pm I don't care If someone is vaccinated or not. I am. With that said Whits remarks are incredibly stupid.
What did he say that's so stupid? I can't find anything online.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Whit Merrifield has been traded to the Blue Jays.

I guess he'll get vaccinated now.
KC is the way to be!
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

AllThingsKC wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:55 pm Whit Merrifield has been traded to the Blue Jays.

I guess he'll get vaccinated now.
Objectively hilarious
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Do wish it would’ve ended better with Whit. Was a good run and I’ll miss him on the team. Good riddance after his comments though
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Is this the start of the youth movement?
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Saw this stat today: the Royals have drafted & developed seven of the 10 players in their starting lineup today just in the last five years.

2017: Nick Pratto, MJ Melendez
2018: Brady Singer, Kyle Isbel
2019: Bobby Witt Jr., Vinnie Pasquantino, Michael Massey

3 of those being from 2019 is incredible
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Big fan of the new manager. Seems like JJ is making the right moves...
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

It's a great hire send nice to finally have some changes.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Well, there goes our chance of the World Series :lol:
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Attendance was 12k yesterday. Looked way less than 1/3rd full honestly. And they still ran out of dollar dogs by the 5th inning. What the hell

Also the signage in left field really needs to be fixed. The “H” in Hall of Fame looks janky and above that the R in Royals is just gone. So it reads “oyals”

How is that not a same day fix?
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

All that said, the energy in the stadium was solid all things considered and I had a blast. Pitch clock makes a HUGE difference
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Cratedigger wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:02 pm Attendance was 12k yesterday. Looked way less than 1/3rd full honestly. And they still ran out of dollar dogs by the 5th inning. What the hell

Also the signage in left field really needs to be fixed. The “H” in Hall of Fame looks janky and above that the R in Royals is just gone. So it reads “oyals”

Sounds about like what happened with the old airport. I guess let it rot if it brings us closer to a new downtown stadium.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

beautyfromashes wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:35 pm
Cratedigger wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:02 pm Attendance was 12k yesterday. Looked way less than 1/3rd full honestly. And they still ran out of dollar dogs by the 5th inning. What the hell

Sounds about like what happened with the old airport. I guess let it rot if it brings us closer to a new downtown stadium.
Ugh I hope not. We're at least 5-7 years away from a new stadium.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Cratedigger wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:20 pm Ugh I hope not. We're at least 5-7 years away from a new stadium.
Long-term benefit, short-term pain. Have to make voters think it’s time for a new version.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

LET'S GO OYALS!

:::clap, clap clapclapclap:::
KC is the way to be!
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

There are realistic things like steel showing through the concrete & then there are absolute propaganda moves that just irk the fanbase a bit more like the R on the sign being gone. I understand what they're trying to do but it makes them look cheap beyond belief.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

TheSmokinPun wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:08 am There are realistic things like steel showing through the concrete & then there are absolute propaganda moves that just irk the fanbase a bit more like the R on the sign being gone. I understand what they're trying to do but it makes them look cheap beyond belief.
As does the team they put on the field unfortunately.

I was a little encouraged about the Royals making progress this year after seeing some of the young talent playing fairly well towards the end of last year. I know it's very early but 1-5 and three shutouts with another game where we only scored 1 run portends an epically awful season. An embarrassingly bad team won't help the downtown stadium cause.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

I thought it was damaged in the wind gusts that happened a couple of days ago.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Continuing the discussion from the downtown Stadium thread. It feels like the Royals are treating the season like an extended spring training, or a 4A season. They've been running everybody out at multiple positions. Im assuming its to see what they can do at the major league level. It really sucks for this year but I think it's going to service us well in the long run. That is If we actually find anything out.

Fells like we are doing a full reset.

The key is we have to capitalize on what we learn from this season going into next season. This is where we're going to really find out what the new ownership is about.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

"This is where we're going to really find out what the new ownership is about."

So far as i see it they are businessmen first. And as such they are in this game to make money. Not saying that is necessarily bad just I am not sure they are really willing to plow money (gamble) into the organization, from the major league team down through the farm system and into scouting and talent evaluation, on a long term basis. They should realize they will likely take it on the chin for a few years to rebuild the organization from top to bottom, especially with the on-field product at all levels of the organization.