NFL Draft

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
gfenn11
New York Life
New York Life

Re: NFL Draft

Post by gfenn11 »

KC & MO began advertising in Chicago on the Big Buses and on trash cans for the Draft. I snapped a pic of a trash can, but it looks real good on the bus.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

They could use those trash cans down here to pick up before the event. 35/29 from DT to the Bond bridge is awful.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

agreed, the trash is terrible along with the graffiti. in that area and most of the North loop. etc. They need crews working 12 hr shifts from now until the draft to get it all done. Really sad to see and I understand a good chunk is just trash from drivers on the highway being a-holes, but the homeless camps around the area are an issue and will require some kind of solution. What that is, I have no idea, but I know there are some who will accept help and others that will not. But all the help is limited.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

No MOre Trash! Bash seeks volunteers to help clean up Missouri roadways

https://www.modot.org/node/25437

As roadside litter piles up in Kansas City, volunteers step in with trash bags

https://www.kcur.org/news/2022-12-05/as ... trash-bags

Lawrence to create pallet shelter village to help homeless

https://fox4kc.com/news/lawrence-to-cre ... -homeless/
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

let's hope those are good starts to kick off these projects
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Looks like preparation will begin this week on the Union Station for the NFL draft.

https://www.kctv5.com/2023/03/27/nfl-dr ... gpC1VG2Rs8

What's the deal on this? Can you just show up? I've seen conflicting information about needing a ticket (which is free) but you need to register online ahead of time? and the entire south and north lawn would be roped off?
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

It's a little annoying that the NFL doesn't seem to care enough yet to put up an FAQ for this year's draft, but I'm guessing just about everything ticket-related from last year's FAQ is applicable for this year. If you have any interest at all in taking in the event, I'd say it's best to go ahead and register.

I saw the preliminary closure plans for the draft about a month back; at that time, both the north and south lawns will be used for the event. In addition, Kessler and Main around Liberty Memorial will become a one-way pair starting April 10.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Great Kansas City clean up April 21-23. A volunteer effort so don't expect much of a dent.
bones.25
Pad site
Pad site

Post by bones.25 »

moderne wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:30 am Great Kansas City clean up April 21-23. A volunteer effort so don't expect much of a dent.
How do you signup? I would gladly do this.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Go to KC Parks and Rec web site calendar for day of event and sign up.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

The scale of this thing blows me away. I was at US today and they have closed OK Street and had tons of workers down there adding supports to accommodate the 80" tall stage being erected on top of it.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Hope we do not have any severe thunderstorms, microbursts or tornadic winds.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

moderne wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:10 pm Hope we do not have any severe thunderstorms, microbursts or tornadic winds.
even tomorrow.
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

Does anyone know what, if anything, US is receiving in payment for this disruption of normal income generating activity? Or, are they just viewing this as good publicity and going with that? Or, do they have no choice or say?
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

missingkc wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:23 pm Does anyone know what, if anything, US is receiving in payment for this disruption of normal income generating activity? Or, are they just viewing this as good publicity and going with that? Or, do they have no choice or say?
You can sunshine request it but my assumption is it's goodwill and costs.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Been reading about full blown panic going about the draft being a giant dud and horrible for the city even though it doesn't happen for 3 weeks
Last edited by TheUrbanRoo on Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

missingkc wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:23 pm Does anyone know what, if anything, US is receiving in payment for this disruption of normal income generating activity? Or, are they just viewing this as good publicity and going with that? Or, do they have no choice or say?
US is fully opening during all this as far as I know. I checked into it since we will be in town this week. You just can't enter from the main front entrance. You have to use the side entrances which is really not a big deal.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

GRID wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:41 am
US is fully opening during all this as far as I know. I checked into it since we will be in town this week. You just can't enter from the main front entrance. You have to use the side entrances which is really not a big deal.
Good to know. I had even heard, I think on the Rag, that the streetcar would be shut down during the draft too. I hope there is no truth to that?
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

TheUrbanRoo wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:20 pm Been reading about full blown panic going about the draft being a giant dud and horrible for the city even though it doesn't happen for 3 weeks
People in this city when anything exciting or, heck, anything at all happens.

TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

This was the peak craziest take I’ve seen about the Draft coming to KC
https://twitter.com/ryanrosenblatt/stat ... RPpXS0iFBA