Best drone footage I've seen yet of KC

A place to post and request pictures of Kansas City.
Jblanco
Strip mall
Strip mall

Best drone footage I've seen yet of KC

Post by Jblanco »

Best drone footage I've seen yet. Some unique angles.

https://youtu.be/tkILoyhZdzY
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Re: Best drone footage I've seen yet of KC

Post by GRID »

Wow, awesome video. I wish KC had a large ferris wheel in one of the higher points of PVP. The views would be incredible.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

GRID wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:28 pm Wow, awesome video. I wish KC had a large ferris wheel in one of the higher points of PVP. The views would be incredible.
South Loop Cap if possible
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

When there was Spirit Fest a Ferris wheel was near the Pioneer Mother. It was a dizzying view from just a county fair grade wheel.
bones.25
Pad site
Pad site

Post by bones.25 »

KCTV tower at 24:00. Wow! repurpose that as world's tallest Free Fall Tower ride
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

bones.25 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:25 pm KCTV tower at 24:00. Wow! repurpose that as world's tallest Free Fall Tower ride
We have GOT to get that thing lit up again. It's so central, so tall and such a visible regional landmark. I'm surprised this isn't brought up more often.

I wish the Power the Tower campaign from 2018-ish would come back (turning the tower into a giant James Woodfill public art piece with color changing LEDs) or someone would pick it up and run with it again...
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

rxlexi wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:04 am
bones.25 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:25 pm KCTV tower at 24:00. Wow! repurpose that as world's tallest Free Fall Tower ride
We have GOT to get that thing lit up again. It's so central, so tall and such a visible regional landmark. I'm surprised this isn't brought up more often.

I wish the Power the Tower campaign from 2018-ish would come back (turning the tower into a giant James Woodfill public art piece with color changing LEDs) or someone would pick it up and run with it again...
There’s been rumblings that could happen. Unsure if it was solely KCPT or other entities involved. It’s a steep price though, so I’d say an LED system should be the move
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:48 am
rxlexi wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:04 am

There’s been rumblings that could happen. Unsure if it was solely KCPT or other entities involved. It’s a steep price though, so I’d say an LED system should be the move
Strangely, this would easily be on my pre-World Cup project bucket list. It would be such an awesome addition to the urban built environment, at least as proposed by Power the Tower. And it's already sitting there and shouldn't face any real NIMBY-ism or construction delays!

I'm sure the logistics of adding the LEDs, and paying for the ongoing use and maintenance, is a major challenge however.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Paint it with that special paint that absorbs UV light and glows at night.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »