OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Transportation topics in KC
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Post by MidtownCat »

KCPowercat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:57 am Every attorney at that firm should be disbarred? Lol
I interpreted it as the ones involved with the conspiracy.

The evidence is obviously damning based on the judgement.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I have no idea if what this dude did calls for being disbarred, if that ruling indicates that then sure. I read it as "every" when he was indicating the firm not the one involved.

He literally posts nonsense most the time so that was the way I was going based on history.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Pretty pictures posted in the past few weeks.

im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KCPowercat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:25 pm I have no idea if what this dude did calls for being disbarred, if that ruling indicates that then sure. I read it as "every" when he was indicating the firm not the one involved.

He literally posts nonsense most the time so that was the way I was going based on history.

The Missouri BAR Association has a Code of Ethics. Practicing Ethical law is rule #1 in their book, and in the office of disciplinary councils book. Being reprimanded isn't enough. Everyone who had a hand in this atrocity needs to be disbarred.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Yeah, bar associations are super lazy and don't really care unless you fuck with client money. Or get referred by a judge.

Otherwise, have fun.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

Looking at the MCI flight schedule on a day to to day basis it looks like the last flight out (at least these days) is a Southwest flight to Midway, WN3369. There are two flights that arrive after midnight (a Delta flight from SLC and a Southwest flight from Vegas) that I recall reading earlier in this thread might not happen the night of 2/27. The first commercial flight in each day also happens to be a Southwest flight from Midway, WN1980. That means if one was so inclined they could book a round trip ticket out on WN3369 and back on WN1980 and be on the last flight out of the old terminal and the first flight into the new terminal.

I don't think I'm that much of a nerd to do it but for anybody who's interested.
kcmiz
Pad site
Pad site

Post by kcmiz »

Flying to Chicago in Feb, no thank you :shock:
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

New month.. New Airport.. New Routes! 😁 Feb 28th inaugural flights will be a boon for the new KCI and we are thrilled for all the new or returning routes we are launching from Kansas City International Airport in 2023. This summer we’ll have 75 daily departures to 35 cities! 🚀

40+ years of Southwest Airlines showing the LUV to the Show-Me state. #MissouriOne ❤️
Chief Sales Officer. Southwest Airlines

TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Which ones are new?
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

the image suggests the yellow routes are "new/returning in 2023"
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

chrizow wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:23 pm the image suggests the yellow routes are "new/returning in 2023"
Yes I know lol. But which of those are new, and not returning?
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

UMKC Roo wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:57 pm
chrizow wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:23 pm the image suggests the yellow routes are "new/returning in 2023"
Long Beach is the only brand new route. The rest were all served previously.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

hartliss wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:12 pm
So how to flights compare to pre covid flights? Are flights even back up to what they were pre covid yet? I know there are less flights to DCA and BWI which really sucks for me. I feel like SW used to fly from MCI to PHL too but no longer does.

Also, why doesn't SW have flights to places like Tulsa, Little Rock, OKC etc. I feel like I flew from KC to those cities when I lived there on SW. MCI needs to get back to being a reginal focus city for Southwest.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

GRID wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:17 am

So how to flights compare to pre covid flights? Are flights even back up to what they were pre covid yet? I know there are less flights to DCA and BWI which really sucks for me. I feel like SW used to fly from MCI to PHL too but no longer does.

Also, why doesn't SW have flights to places like Tulsa, Little Rock, OKC etc. I feel like I flew from KC to those cities when I lived there on SW. MCI needs to get back to being a reginal focus city for Southwest.
Those little cities only work when you can connect them in KC and the old terminals sucked for that. It was before the rise of STL as a connection “hub” abd some law changes
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

With the opening announcement, it's time to get some ground transportation details out there for everybody. As the "KC guy" I've already fielded more than my fair share of "how will this work" uber, buses for economy lots, if I parked in old lots and land when new terminal open, which economy lot to park in that will be served in the new terminal shuttles, etc.

I and everybody should fully expect that transition period for parking to be a cluster. It has to be, the new terminal isn't built to also handle the B/C garages so there will have to be some extra buses for awhile for that, and we know how bad buses have been lately.

If I were traveling during the transition period (I am), I would not park up there if I were you. that's what they should be recommending to everybody. Figure out a different way for that specific trip.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

normalthings wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:59 am
GRID wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:17 am

Those little cities only work when you can connect them in KC and the old terminals sucked for that. It was before the rise of STL as a connection “hub” abd some law changes
Also think a lot of that changed when they repealed the Wright amendment. Those flights moved from MCI to DAL.
Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sani »

KCPowercat wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:05 am With the opening announcement, it's time to get some ground transportation details out there for everybody. As the "KC guy" I've already fielded more than my fair share of "how will this work" uber, buses for economy lots, if I parked in old lots and land when new terminal open, which economy lot to park in that will be served in the new terminal shuttles, etc.

I and everybody should fully expect that transition period for parking to be a cluster. It has to be, the new terminal isn't built to also handle the B/C garages so there will have to be some extra buses for awhile for that, and we know how bad buses have been lately.

If I were traveling during the transition period (I am), I would not park up there if I were you. that's what they should be recommending to everybody. Figure out a different way for that specific trip.
Or park in one of the off-site lots like The Parking Spot or Park 'N Go. Their shuttle services are usually quicker than the economy lot shuttles anyway.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Sani wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:14 am
KCPowercat wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:05 am With the opening announcement, it's time to get some ground transportation details out there for everybody. As the "KC guy" I've already fielded more than my fair share of "how will this work" uber, buses for economy lots, if I parked in old lots and land when new terminal open, which economy lot to park in that will be served in the new terminal shuttles, etc.

Or park in one of the off-site lots like The Parking Spot or Park 'N Go. Their shuttle services are usually quicker than the economy lot shuttles anyway.
Very true, they do seem better. I've had bad experiences at all of them (well not the new ones) so just started ubering for most trips. The door to door service is worth a little extra
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

If you fly during that transition time, you kind of got to expect it to be a mess and hopefully you are patient.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

GRID wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:13 pm

If you fly during that transition time, you kind of got to expect it to be a mess and hopefully you are patient.
you know that won't be the case but agree