Alternative Energy

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Alternative Energy

Post by alejandro46 »

Not to Dox myself, but I'm getting solar put on under the City's "Solarize" program. Got a couple of quotes and it was about the same as the others. The company doing it is "US SUN SOLAR" out of Springfield. The permitting process has been dragging on forever, as the solar company has failed to provide the required engineering calculations for the truss-roof design. Since I used to work in permitting, I'm able to check in on how the permitting process is going unlike most people. I also submitted a request from Evergu for some kind of "Battery Lease Pilot Project." I'm sure demand will be crazy and unlikely to get selected for that.

Will update when they are finally installed.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Comedian Bill Maher used to complain regularly on his HBO show about how maddeningly long it took to get his solar panels approved in California.
gfenn11
New York Life
New York Life

Post by gfenn11 »

I came across one of the first "on pole" EV chargers I've seen in Columbus park heading home from voting. If you remember the city launched this pilot program in 2021, so they should be popping up now.

https://imgur.com/gallery/SNt47BM
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Stadler’s hydrogen-powered train FLIRT H2 achieves a new Guinness World Records title
Stadler is proud to announce that the FLIRT H2 has been entered into the Guinness World Records database for the longest distance of 1,741.7 miles (2,803 kilometers) achieved by a pilot hydrogen fuel cell electric multiple unit passenger train without refueling or recharging.
The world record journey started in the evening of March 20, 2024 where the train set out for its first laps around the test track. The team of engineers from Stadler and ENSCO continued driving the vehicle in shifts throughout the night and following day and concluded the successful attempt at 5.23 p.m. (MST), on March 22, 2024 (at 12.23 a.m. CET, on March 23, 2024). Altogether, the train travelled 1,741.7 miles (2,803 kilometers) for over 46 hours on one tank filling.

With this, Stadler’s FLIRT H2 officially holds the world record for the longest distance travelled by a hydrogen-powered passenger train without refueling or recharging. The record attempt was made at the ENSCO test center in Pueblo, Colorado where the vehicle had undergone its type test procedure. Detailed records before, during and after the world record attempt were kept to ensure precise and transparent evidence is established.
https://railway-international.com/news/ ... ords-title