Bannister Mall/Cerner

Jackson/Cass Suburbs, including South KC
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: Bannister Mall/Cerner

Post by mgsports »

https://kmoburger.com/locations/Bannister Road location coming same with one by Stadiums.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

https://grea.com/properties/the-reserve/

Not sure if this has been posted here, but 293 units next to the Innovations site. Original developer has stopped pursuing the project and others are waiting to hear about Oracle's plans for KC until investing in the area.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Huh - Two articles in one day on KCBJ about apartment complex plans near the Cerner Innovations site. Nice to see some activity here

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... ta-fe.html
Indianapolis-based Kittle Property Group Inc. recently filed final development plans for The Depot on Old Santa Fe, a garden-style community with 252 apartments. The approximately $62 million project would be built on a 31.5-acre wooded site northwest of Old Santa Fe Road and 93rd Street, just east of Kansas City Southern railroad tracks from the Innovations Campus.

Kittle's proposal encompasses a mix of one-, two-, three- and four-bedroom units in seven three-story buildings. The project would be served by 422 surface parking spaces and 42 garage spaces. Community amenities are to include a fitness center, clubhouse with an entertainment area, computer station, pool, playground and pet park.
https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... terra.html
A 456-unit apartment complex in south Kansas City near the Oracle Cerner Innovations Campus recently changed hands.

Northmarq's investment sales team arranged the sale of Timberlane Village on behalf of Timberland Village Associates to Houston-based Venterra Realty.

Daniel Stickane, senior vice president in debt and equity for the Bloomington, Minnesota-based commercial real estate debt, equity and multifamily investment sales firm, secured acquisition financing for the buyer through a $30.19 million fixed-rate loan.
ericwyner
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ericwyner »

eventually just more Section 8 housing in the area
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

ericwyner wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:06 pm eventually just more Section 8 housing in the area
Yeah, these new residential developments are really low end stuff. It's not really changing the area at all. I was hoping for at least one "nice" apartment development for the area.

Everything about Cerner has be one big fail for KC. Other than whatever jobs/people they brought to the city. Really sad.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

GRID wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:03 am
ericwyner wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:06 pm eventually just more Section 8 housing in the area
Yeah, these new residential developments are really low end stuff. It's not really changing the area at all. I was hoping for at least one "nice" apartment development for the area.

Everything about Cerner has be one big fail for KC. Other than whatever jobs/people they brought to the city. Really sad.
SE KC has not been a good investment for Kansas City through the years. Before Cerner, Marion Labs went out there, was shortly thereafter bought by an outside corporation and eventually totally disappeared from the Kansas City landscape. I suspect a similar fate unfortunately is in store for Cerner/Oracle. A very bad use of incentives that could have actually been better put to use elsewhere to have an a more positive impact on the city. SE KC is better served with the type of industry that is going in along 87th street; warehouse and industrial. There's no point with KC incentivizing one of the city's larger corporations and white collar work force to move outside the urban core. The move has made no impact at all on SE KC.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... place.html

Layoffs at Cerner inbound. No WARN act filed.
herrfrank
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by herrfrank »

A friend is interested in the area -- specifically Oakwood near the Oakwood Country Club -- is that area decent? She understands it is not Johnson County, but still expects reasonable urban levels of safety.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

They probably want employees back in the office since they can't justify having all that office space sit empty.

I saw that Mosaic Health switched from Cerner software to Epic MyChart.

https://www.newspressnow.com/news/local ... 09398.html
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

herrfrank wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:03 pm A friend is interested in the area -- specifically Oakwood near the Oakwood Country Club -- is that area decent? She understands it is not Johnson County, but still expects reasonable urban levels of safety.
I once had a couple of friends in that area but that was very long time ago. It's a quasi-rural largely wooded area that despite being in the middle of a metro is very much off the beaten track and I don't think many even know there is a neighborhood there. The homes tend to be small and plain on large lots surrounded by forest. That whole area between US71 and the Blue River (and north of 435) is a weird Ozark-like enclave in KC.
bones.25
Pad site
Pad site

Post by bones.25 »

Highlander wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:39 am
herrfrank wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:03 pm A friend is interested in the area -- specifically Oakwood near the Oakwood Country Club -- is that area decent? She understands it is not Johnson County, but still expects reasonable urban levels of safety.
I once had a couple of friends in that area but that was very long time ago. It's a quasi-rural largely wooded area that despite being in the middle of a metro is very much off the beaten track and I don't think many even know there is a neighborhood there. The homes tend to be small and plain on large lots surrounded by forest. That whole area between US71 and the Blue River (and north of 435) is a weird Ozark-like enclave in KC.
Haha. I do a lot of mountain biking and exploring in that area and that's a very accurate description. It's kinda that same vibe along the trails and streets all the way south to Grandview.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Herrfrank,
Shoot me a DM if you get a chance to. I have some great information to discuss with you!
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

https://www.businessinsider.com/oracle- ... eal-2023-5

Some details on the internal leadership shifts at Oracle/Cerner.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... ffice.html

So do y'all actually think Oracle Cerner will build anything in this area? Are they allowed to do a joint venture?
droopy
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by droopy »

They want to extend the TIF so they can focus on the expansion of their workforce when they just laid off part of their KC workforce a week ago? Hard to make that argument with a straight face.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

My take is that they want TIF extended as they explore options restructuring their global footprint. KC's TIF will be an option factored in where KC could gain or lose after the restructuring. The new airport should help but they might want to see more flight options. Ideally KC becomes a general Oracle hub (along with Nashville, Denver, etc), not just Health division hub. Given they are looking to cut costs, KC may have a shot though would think flights might be a major factor.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Worth watching. Sounds like there will be an Oracle led national health care conference in Nashville early next year too.

Oracle Health execs lauded Nashville at a private event. Attendees took notice.

Senior executives of Oracle Corp. left attendees of a private rooftop gathering last week with a clear impression: The Fortune 100 company's riverfront campus will have a good deal to do with Nashville's signature industry.
They generally expressed enthusiasm about Nashville — given its unique attributes, the organizations that are here, the talent and pipeline that's here — as being a major focal point for Oracle Health," said Fahad Tahir, president and CEO of the Ascension Saint Thomas hospital system.
https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/ ... ner.html
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

sad, KC got fleeced by Oracle. Bigger issues the lack of leadership within Cerner after founders passed away or stepped down left it rudderless. Another major company goes poof in KC.

I've been to Nashville a lot for business & pleasure. It's a nice city and fun. I'm just not 100% sold on it's appeal. Oh well, I'm just deemed not to get it I guess
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

I hope the Illigs get out of SKC, I don't really care to see them at those games or behind home plate at the K now.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

dukuboy1 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:14 pm sad, KC got fleeced by Oracle. Bigger issues the lack of leadership within Cerner after founders passed away or stepped down left it rudderless. Another major company goes poof in KC.

I've been to Nashville a lot for business & pleasure. It's a nice city and fun. I'm just not 100% sold on it's appeal. Oh well, I'm just deemed not to get it I guess
It's not just the city (although Nashville is the "sexy" city right now), it's the location and general design of the Oracle offices. Cerner royally fucked that up bad. I mean seriously. Just look at what Cerner built in KC.

Had Cerner done something more like what Oracle has in Nashville or Austin, then Oracle might have treated KC differently. Imagine if Cerner had built up a nice development on the riverfront or an urban campus in the crossroads or a major signature tower or two downtown or something on the plaza. Instead, they built some 1980's office buildings on what looks like a landfill on the side of an interstate far from anything anybody wants to be near. Same with the speedway offices and even the NKC campus.