GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by missingkc »

I'm not a sports fan, but I am an inveterate KC fan. Why is the Star so determined to cast every Chiefs win as a "dirty" win?
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

missingkc wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:22 pm I'm not a sports fan, but I am an inveterate KC fan. Why is the Star so determined to cast every Chiefs win as a "dirty" win?
Because they have been. Very frustrating that we can't put bad teams away early. We play down to our competition.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Hope Chiefs win and Bills lose this weekend. Losing an AFC championship game due to cancelled Bengals-Bills game will take millions out of the economy plus the free advertising and glamour shots of KC.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

moderne wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:52 am Hope Chiefs win and Bills lose this weekend. Losing an AFC championship game due to cancelled Bengals-Bills game will take millions out of the economy plus the free advertising and glamour shots of KC.
Agreed fully. What a sham. Cincinnati got screwed too. We all know Cincy was gonna win that Buffalo game.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

The Chiefs blew winnable games against both of those teams, plus are responsible for one of Indianapolis's four wins on the season. They don't exactly deserve home field advantage if they're facing the Bills.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

phuqueue wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:13 pm The Chiefs blew winnable games against both of those teams, plus are responsible for one of Indianapolis's four wins on the season. They don't exactly deserve home field advantage if they're facing the Bills.
Spicy take
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

And one of those 3 losses was a game that Buffalo should’ve played but didn’t. And they probably would’ve lost there too. So no, it’s not fair to the Chiefs.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

I mean the Bills were in pole position for the top seed, so if anyone should be complaining about what's "not fair," it's them. "They probably would have lost" is a joke of an argument -- they didn't lose, and were also denied an opportunity to win, because the game was canceled. The Chiefs might have to play the AFC Championship at a neutral site now, but the Bills lost their opportunity at home field advantage as well, and on top of that, they also lost a chance at a bye (and all of this because one of their own players almost died on the field). In what was not an ideal solution for anyone, the Chiefs made out best of all.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

The Chiefs making 5 straight AFC Championships is also making a significant economic impact.
2022 AFC Championship Game (01/30/2022): $13.2 million
2021 AFC Championship Game (01/24/2021): $2.5 million (attendance of 17,000 due to COVID-19)
2020 AFC Championship Game (01/19/2020): $12.7 million
2019 AFC Championship Game (01/20/2019): $12.5 million
https://www.kctv5.com/2023/01/24/neutr ... erts-say/

University of Cincinnati estimates the wild card weekend could have brought in more than $7 million this year. Wonder what the divisional numbers were?

Also what an awesome kick off to 2023 for sports in KC:
- Chiefs Divisional Round
- Chiefs Conference Championship Round
- Big 12 Tournament
- March Madness Elite 8
- NFL Draft
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

^I wrote a few months ago that early 2023 is the busiest stretch in KC history, atleast in my lifetime. I’d never seen so many events in a 3 month span here.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Wonderful to be back in the Superbowl!!!!

A lot of great coverage of KC over the last couple of weeks.

Chiefs are really banged up. The list of injuries from the game yesterday is pretty concerning. I am hoping two weeks is enough for most to heal.

On a separate note - glad Lucas didn't stoop to the level of the Cincy mayor (aka jabroni). I know it was an attempt at humor but it failed miserably. Wonder where he got the phrase "KC is named after a neighboring state"? Sounds like an old KCRAG debate.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Highlander wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:28 pm Wonderful to be back in the Superbowl!!!!

A lot of great coverage of KC over the last couple of weeks.

Chiefs are really banged up. The list of injuries from the game yesterday is pretty concerning. I am hoping two weeks is enough for most to heal.

On a separate note - glad Lucas didn't stoop to the level of the Cincy mayor (aka jabroni). I know it was an attempt at humor but it failed miserably. Wonder where he got the phrase "KC is named after a neighboring state"? Sounds like an old KCRAG debate.
I went to the game last night and it felt about the same electricity as that Bills/Chiefs playoff game last year. Amazing. I remember a year ago at this time a couple ignorant fools (won't name names) were idiotically saying Mahomes was overhyped.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

CONGRATS TO THE CHIEFS!!!
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

It hits different being in KC now and watching the Chiefs win the Super Bowl. No sulking and salty anti-KC folks around to make the experience horrible. Just positive vibes, even if we were stressed at times.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

Fireworks throughout the neighborhood last night. A great game with two great teams. So insane to see two SuperBowl victories in my lifetime, and hopefully more to come.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:02 am It hits different being in KC now and watching the Chiefs win the Super Bowl. No sulking and salty anti-KC folks around to make the experience horrible. Just positive vibes, even if we were stressed at times.
I did not notice on twitter alot of STL people were seething. A bit surprised.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

UMKC Roo wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:57 pm
Chris Stritzel wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:02 am It hits different being in KC now and watching the Chiefs win the Super Bowl. No sulking and salty anti-KC folks around to make the experience horrible. Just positive vibes, even if we were stressed at times.
STL Twitter is a toxic place full of people over their heads who are high on their own fantasies that they can’t see the writing on the wall. Naturally they’re going to be sour at anything good that happens to KCMO.

Chiefs win? A TRAGEDY! HOW DEAR YOU WEAR A CHIEFS SHIRT IN STL!

Royals play decently well? THE CARDINALS ARE STILL MISSOURI’s TEAM!

SportingKC vs City SC (starting in the Spring)? KEEP THEM IN KANSAS WHERE THEY BELONG!
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Helluva game

Also glad the Chiefs won so I won't get slightly bummed when I see this streetcar

KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:55 pm
STL Twitter is a toxic place full of people over their heads who are high on their own fantasies that they can’t see the writing on the wall. Naturally they’re going to be sour at anything good that happens to KCMO.

SportingKC vs City SC (starting in the Spring)? KEEP THEM IN KANSAS WHERE THEY BELONG!

People in STL like to claim that they are so far above KC that they never even think of the city. They even spend time creating and posting memes to show how little they care. But the hatred is real.

To be fair, it is still probably a minority of people in STL that have active hatred toward KC (and vice versa), but the hate is undeniable.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:31 pm
Chris Stritzel wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:55 pm

People in STL like to claim that they are so far above KC that they never even think of the city. They even spend time creating and posting memes to show how little they care. But the hatred is real.

To be fair, it is still probably a minority of people in STL that have active hatred toward KC (and vice versa), but the hate is undeniable.
They spend all their time pretending it's 20-30 years ago also making that you know how much they do NOT care about KC at all. Lol.