Holiday Inn reopens in former Comfort Inn on Admiral, Charlotte

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Holiday Inn reopens in former Comfort Inn on Admiral, Charlotte

Post by FangKC »

The former Comfort Inn at Admiral and Charlotte has reopened after a renovation as a Holiday Inn under the ownership of Mark Patel's Lotus Hospitality Group. Patel operates other hotels downtown.

Growing KC hospitality group reopens downtown hotel after $20M renovation

A hotel at the corner northeast corner of Kansas City's downtown loop is ready for a new lease on life.

Originally opened in 2001 as Comfort Inn & Suites Kansas City Downtown, the property at 770 Admiral Blvd. has a new flag and a fresh new look.

Lotus Hospitality Group bought the Comfort Inn & Suites location in 2017 or 2018, according to a company spokesman. It shut the hotel down in 2019.

Now, it has reopened to the public on Dec. 28 as Holiday Inn Kansas City Downtown after a more than $20 million renovation.

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... 2023-01-24
bones.25
Pad site
Pad site

Re: Holiday Inn reopens in former Comfort Inn on Admiral, Charlotte

Post by bones.25 »

I always hoped they would tear that thing down and build something better suited for a downtown. Oh well
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

FangKC wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:24 pm The former Comfort Inn at Admiral and Charlotte has reopened after a renovation as a Holiday Inn under the ownership of Mark Patel's Lotus Hospitality Group. Patel operates other hotels downtown.

Growing KC hospitality group reopens downtown hotel after $20M renovation

A hotel at the corner northeast corner of Kansas City's downtown loop is ready for a new lease on life.

Originally opened in 2001 as Comfort Inn & Suites Kansas City Downtown, the property at 770 Admiral Blvd. has a new flag and a fresh new look.

Lotus Hospitality Group bought the Comfort Inn & Suites location in 2017 or 2018, according to a company spokesman. It shut the hotel down in 2019.

Now, it has reopened to the public on Dec. 28 as Holiday Inn Kansas City Downtown after a more than $20 million renovation.

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... 2023-01-24
20MM seems like a lot for that property. Hopefully it was money well spent!
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

I noticed the new white paint was sprayed on in a quick fashion. The Charlotte facade has some paint overspray on things that shouldn't be white.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

20 million on a renovation? How much would a new 5-6 story building have been? I know Drury Inn was thinking about building on old KCMO school board door. Perhaps they could have built something on that spot besides what is there. I think Drury would be a nice addition downtown amongst the other name brand places.

It looks really out place and has a general motel/hostel feel to it. I’m sure it is a fine place but I got a feeling it is a last choice type of hotel for downtown ;)
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

As a flag, Holiday Inn tends to jump around downtown hotel buildings.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Wasn't the Aladdin a HI property?
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Yes, twice in the Aladdin. They were also in the hotel building that is now the Crowne Plaza at 1301 Wyandotte, which was also a Doubletree Hotel, and a Radisson in the past. They were also in Harlem across from the downtown airport in what is now what is called the Holiday Apartments.

The Aladdin has also been a Days Inn, an Embassy in the Park twice, and an independent hotel called Citi-Center Hotel.
JohnKCMO
Can't Start New Threads
Can't Start New Threads

Post by JohnKCMO »

This is the only hotel in the downtown area that is under $200 a night. I have a feeling they will do just fine. Welcome Holiday Inn!
empires228
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by empires228 »

dukuboy1 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:33 pm 20 million on a renovation? How much would a new 5-6 story building have been? I know Drury Inn was thinking about building on old KCMO school board door. Perhaps they could have built something on that spot besides what is there. I think Drury would be a nice addition downtown amongst the other name brand places.

It looks really out place and has a general motel/hostel feel to it. I’m sure it is a fine place but I got a feeling it is a last choice type of hotel for downtown ;)
Hopefully it’s a nice place now. It sure wasn’t as a Comfort Inn back in 2017 and the hotel at that time was charging a parking fee to cover paying a security guard in the parking lot. I didn’t book it on future trips before moving here permanently.