OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Transportation topics in KC
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Post by normalthings »

Meyer said the new terminal and garage also have space to accommodate future transit offerings. The commercial curb can support bus rapid transit growth, and new construction could create connections with eventual possibilities, such as an automated people mover system to and from economy parking or the rental car facility, or even light rail from the city.
“We were intentional to make sure that future-proofing was a consideration ... (and) thoughtful of the real estate that those kind of amenities would require very early on in the design phase, and held space for that kind of asset,” he said.

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... tions.html
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

What's the latest on the APM?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I bet they really wish they did the APM same time. Think of the negative pub with the economy lot buses right now. Be a big win.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

UMKC Roo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:12 pm What's the latest on the APM?
Funding would be the issue, and they want to see the functionality of the current system before serious planning goes forward. That said the APM was given consideration is the placement and design of the garage, so it’s definitely an idea still floating through the aviation authority’s figureheads
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

Is this thing going to have Clear and a Delta Lounge?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

MidtownCat wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:09 pm Is this thing going to have Clear and a Delta Lounge?
Yes
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

normalthings wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:38 pm
MidtownCat wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:09 pm Is this thing going to have Clear and a Delta Lounge?
Yes
Sweet.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Yes
Do you know if the lounge will open with the new terminal?
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

WoodDraw wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:51 pm
Yes
Do you know if the lounge will open with the new terminal?
They were working on finishes when I walked through, from what Justin said it should be complete by then, barring any unforeseen circumstances
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Wonder when the other lounge will be announced? Justin hinted a few months back it could be an AMEX Escape lounge.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:32 pm Wonder when the other lounge will be announced? Justin hinted a few months back it could be an AMEX Escape lounge.
Still up in the air it sounds like, I’d assume either a priority pass or some other generic lounge operator would be the likely candidate.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:39 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:32 pm Wonder when the other lounge will be announced? Justin hinted a few months back it could be an AMEX Escape lounge.
Still up in the air it sounds like, I’d assume either a priority pass or some other generic lounge operator would be the likely candidate.
Escape lounges let people buy their way in, although the US ones are Amex while the UK ones are priority pass.

The us doesn't have great generic lounges.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Yeah the escape ones are generic.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

WoodDraw wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:46 pm
Escape lounges let people buy their way in, although the US ones are Amex while the UK ones are priority pass.

Ah my bad, I didn’t realize that Escape was directly linked to Amex, I thought they were an affiliate
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:23 pm
WoodDraw wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:46 pm

Ah my bad, I didn’t realize that Escape was directly linked to Amex, I thought they were an affiliate
I don't know what the correct terms are to be honest. I think escape lounges are all still owned by MAG.

In the US, they have amex branding and allow free entry and extra benefits to cardholders. But anyone on any airline can pay their way in.

In the UK, the escape lounges are just like most other generic lounges and available on priority pass, etc.

In the us the good lounges tend to be exclusive credit card or airline based while the priority pass ones are very average compared to their global competitors.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

The MSY priority club is the only one I've found to be decent that isn't locked away in some international terminal you can't get to if flying domestic in a us airport.
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dnweava »

Walking through the airport today I realized there is zero signage in anything other than English. I wonder if they will put up some temp signs during the world cup...
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

dnweava wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:00 pm Walking through the airport today I realized there is zero signage in anything other than English. I wonder if they will put up some temp signs during the world cup...
They’ll have information desks set up both pre and post security, so they’ll likely not need much outside of those
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

RFP out to demo Terminal B and C
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

USO confirmed in the new terminal. This is an absolute boon considering the proximity of Leavenworth, Riley, and Whiteman. I always appreciated a USO when traveling on leave.