6 acres in Columbus Park

Have a development question you want answered? Ask it here and you'll get your answer
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Re: 6 acres in Columbus Park

Post by Chris Stritzel »

^What's that one? I like that it's a mix of housing types and heights.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:51 pm ^What's that one? I like that it's a mix of housing types and heights.
https://bustler.net/news/tags/holloway-builders/17479

https://archinect.com/news/article/8531 ... ompetition
Belvidere
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Belvidere »

That's a nice configuration. I thought a lot about townhomes with garden apartments or offices below and an adu in back. It's interesting people accept townhomes now because I don't think they did until the last few years.

I don't know if there's enough acreage to do a square of townhomes with a courtyard in the middle. Trying to keep trees. We are baking.

I don't see many single family homes unless they are infill in another area and they would be very narrow.

I'm hoping to have alternatives for sale in another part of the neighborhood, such as urban flats, co-ops, etc. It would be nice to have something people could buy at an affordable price point as their first home. Even townhomes will be out of which of many people and it would be nice to have a variety of options.

I have also asked about the property at 3rd and Gillis for the gas company is storing pipes. I will follow up if I find out if it can be acquired.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

FlippantCitizen
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by FlippantCitizen »

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Park Potomac. Potomac, Maryland. Completed 2010.

Go down to street view and advance through streets in residential part.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Park ... 77.1577349
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

taxi wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:21 pm "let's say"?
This land allegedly went up for sale well over a year ago. HAKC had multiple offers and at least one of them was for fair market value (asking price). They have been claiming for over a year that they were going to issue an RFP, any day now.
The area was re-zoned URD in 2007 by a group of uncreative, dishonest people who believe they have the development rights.
It has been over two decades since HAKC entered into an agreement with the city and neighborhood to turn it over to a developer for market rate housing with no more than 20% low-income housing included. If I was a betting man, I would wager it will be a decade before a shovel is turned.
And no, I don't think (much) retail can make it on 3rd. Underground parking should be accessible from 3rd and retail should stay concentrated on 5th.
RFP soon.....
auntbigdog
Pad site
Pad site

Post by auntbigdog »

Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Submission deadline was a week ago. I wonder when we'll hear more on this
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

Cratedigger wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:33 pm
Submission deadline was a week ago. I wonder when we'll hear more on this
The RFP deadline was extended to Feb. 6th. The HAKC put the land up for sale in early 2021. Despite at least one offer for fair market value and after a few months, they decided to issue an RFP. It took them over 18 months to finally do that. Then they made the deadline 30 days, with Xmas and NY part of the final 2 weeks. I imagine it will be many months before a developer is selected.