Politics

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
longviewmo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:58 am
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Contact:

Re: Politics

Post by longviewmo »

DColeKC wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:10 am
im2kull wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:19 pm
Link2 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:04 pm

I mean he is clearly a white nationalist. And there aren't two sides to all debates. One side takes its cues from these despicable folks, while the other does not. There is no equivalent to either of them on the Left.
Calling everyone a "White Nationalist".. just cause.. is about the dumbest thing I have heard on here. Use your words, Link2. Then again, you already stated that you're a leftist extremist.. so.. what else is there to say? You're the very thing you claim to hate.
He/She/They/Them clearly hasn't practiced any self-reflection. Completely in a bubble.
What’s the point of intentionally misgendering someone beyond ad hominem?
User avatar
DColeKC
Ambassador
Posts: 2604
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:50 am

Re: Politics

Post by DColeKC »

longviewmo wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:40 am
DColeKC wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:10 am
im2kull wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:19 pm

Calling everyone a "White Nationalist".. just cause.. is about the dumbest thing I have heard on here. Use your words, Link2. Then again, you already stated that you're a leftist extremist.. so.. what else is there to say? You're the very thing you claim to hate.
He/She/They/Them clearly hasn't practiced any self-reflection. Completely in a bubble.
What’s the point of intentionally misgendering someone beyond ad hominem?
Omg. Really?

I don’t know Link2’s gender so I didn’t want to assume and was taking a page out of your book by trying to be “inclusive”.

Very typical on your end, grasping for outrage.
Link2
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:04 pm

Re: Politics

Post by Link2 »

Posting without comment:
Donald Trump dined with white nationalist, Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/ ... e-00070825
User avatar
DColeKC
Ambassador
Posts: 2604
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:50 am

Re: Politics

Post by DColeKC »

Link2 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:18 pm Posting without comment:
Donald Trump dined with white nationalist, Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/ ... e-00070825
Trump continues to light himself on fire as he fades away.
longviewmo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:58 am
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Contact:

Re: Politics

Post by longviewmo »

DColeKC wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:42 pm
longviewmo wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:40 am
DColeKC wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:10 am

He/She/They/Them clearly hasn't practiced any self-reflection. Completely in a bubble.
What’s the point of intentionally misgendering someone beyond ad hominem?
Omg. Really?

I don’t know Link2’s gender so I didn’t want to assume and was taking a page out of your book by trying to be “inclusive”.

Very typical on your end, grasping for outrage.
“Owning the libs” at the polls didn’t work so it must be done here of course.

It’s literally the conservative playbook now. No substance so just attack people for weird graspy grievances instead.
User avatar
DColeKC
Ambassador
Posts: 2604
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:50 am

Re: Politics

Post by DColeKC »

longviewmo wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:15 am
DColeKC wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:42 pm
longviewmo wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:40 am

What’s the point of intentionally misgendering someone beyond ad hominem?
Omg. Really?

I don’t know Link2’s gender so I didn’t want to assume and was taking a page out of your book by trying to be “inclusive”.

Very typical on your end, grasping for outrage.
“Owning the libs” at the polls didn’t work so it must be done here of course.

It’s literally the conservative playbook now. No substance so just attack people for weird graspy grievances instead.
Who on here said anything about “owning the libs” and who you calling a conservative?

This forum is made up of mostly left leaning folks with a few very liberal members. So stop pretending this is a conservative safe haven and you need to sweep in to defend Link from being “owned”.

No substance? Maybe placing a high value on more traditional things and ideas lacks substance to you but it’s substance none the less. It’s gotta be so easy to be a liberal. Just say yes to every new idea and pretend it’s realistic while ignoring the cost and damage it will cause along the way. Energy, social issues, economy etc etc. same theme, different topic.
Link2
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:04 pm

Re: Politics

Post by Link2 »

longviewmo wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:15 am
DColeKC wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:42 pm
longviewmo wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:40 am

What’s the point of intentionally misgendering someone beyond ad hominem?
Omg. Really?

I don’t know Link2’s gender so I didn’t want to assume and was taking a page out of your book by trying to be “inclusive”.

Very typical on your end, grasping for outrage.
“Owning the libs” at the polls didn’t work so it must be done here of course.

It’s literally the conservative playbook now. No substance so just attack people for weird graspy grievances instead.
Agreed. It’s the mantra of the right. And it never works; they always fail. But they keep trying because they have nothing else.

It’s the sole reason Elon bought Twitter. And it’s imploding, as we all knew it would.

Then when you call them on it they always gaslight, then attack.
User avatar
DColeKC
Ambassador
Posts: 2604
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:50 am

Re: Politics

Post by DColeKC »

Link2 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:29 pm
longviewmo wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:15 am
DColeKC wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:42 pm

Omg. Really?

I don’t know Link2’s gender so I didn’t want to assume and was taking a page out of your book by trying to be “inclusive”.

Very typical on your end, grasping for outrage.
“Owning the libs” at the polls didn’t work so it must be done here of course.

It’s literally the conservative playbook now. No substance so just attack people for weird graspy grievances instead.
Agreed. It’s the mantra of the right. And it never works; they always fail. But they keep trying because they have nothing else.

It’s the sole reason Elon bought Twitter. And it’s imploding, as we all knew it would.

Then when you call them on it they always gaslight, then attack.
You keep forgetting you're the first one to attack. You and other liberals have no problem insulting someone but when you get it back, it's gaslighting or other made up terms. Grow up for the love of God! If you think you're being "gaslighted" on a forum, that's on you and your fragile emotional intelligence.

I can't understand how someone can be so out of touch. You're quick to call out anyone on the right who may want to believe or be open-minded to election issues or those who question the integrity of elections yet you sit here and proudly claim Elon bought Twitter solely to pick on liberals? You're not that important, certainly not important enough for anyone to light 50 billion dollars on fire.

It's also not imploding, despite what you'r hoping for. Another liberal tactic, someone you don't like or agree with buys something and you hope for it's collapse, fuck all those who rely on Twitter right! Elon bought it and he's a mean guy, burn it down!

Why do you think it's imploding? Is it the fact that twitter usage is at an all-time high? Or is it because he's firing thousands of employees and others are leaving? Is facebook and Amazon imploding too because they're laying off people? Or is that smart business because Mark and Jeff are on your side of the political spectrum?

The arrogance of the simple statement that "all us elite and intelligent liberals just knew Twitter would fail if Elon bought it" is so rich! You really can't get out of your own way.
Link2
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:04 pm

Re: Politics

Post by Link2 »

DColeKC wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:06 pm
Link2 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:29 pm
longviewmo wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:15 am

“Owning the libs” at the polls didn’t work so it must be done here of course.

It’s literally the conservative playbook now. No substance so just attack people for weird graspy grievances instead.
Agreed. It’s the mantra of the right. And it never works; they always fail. But they keep trying because they have nothing else.

It’s the sole reason Elon bought Twitter. And it’s imploding, as we all knew it would.

Then when you call them on it they always gaslight, then attack.
You keep forgetting you're the first one to attack. You and other liberals have no problem insulting someone but when you get it back, it's gaslighting or other made up terms. Grow up for the love of God! If you think you're being "gaslighted" on a forum, that's on you and your fragile emotional intelligence.

I can't understand how someone can be so out of touch. You're quick to call out anyone on the right who may want to believe or be open-minded to election issues or those who question the integrity of elections yet you sit here and proudly claim Elon bought Twitter solely to pick on liberals? You're not that important, certainly not important enough for anyone to light 50 billion dollars on fire.

It's also not imploding, despite what you'r hoping for. Another liberal tactic, someone you don't like or agree with buys something and you hope for it's collapse, fuck all those who rely on Twitter right! Elon bought it and he's a mean guy, burn it down!

Why do you think it's imploding? Is it the fact that twitter usage is at an all-time high? Or is it because he's firing thousands of employees and others are leaving? Is facebook and Amazon imploding too because they're laying off people? Or is that smart business because Mark and Jeff are on your side of the political spectrum?

The arrogance of the simple statement that "all us elite and intelligent liberals just knew Twitter would fail if Elon bought it" is so rich! You really can't get out of your own way.
^Exhibit A. And I did not refer to anyone specifically; was simply agreeing with another user’s point.
User avatar
DColeKC
Ambassador
Posts: 2604
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:50 am

Re: Politics

Post by DColeKC »

^ Well, I was specifically referring to you. You won’t even recognize the FACT that you were the first to toss out the insults towards me. At one point you claimed I toss out false claims and don’t back them up yet you make statements like Elon spent 50 billion dollars just to spank liberals. This is my problem with liberals, you’re hypocrites.

And isn’t claiming people gaslight you more of a personal issue? Are you that easily manipulated? Do you often question your own sanity?
User avatar
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: KCMO

Re: Politics

Post by im2kull »

Link2 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:29 pm It’s the sole reason Elon bought Twitter. And it’s imploding, as we all knew it would.
I'm not sure whos sock puppet account this is, but you are an absolute embarrassment.


To say that Musk bought Twitter to appease the political right, is, just stupid. Extremist idiots like you undermine everything us not-crazy liberals work for. I wish we could vote you off the island, because your kind do more harm in thirty seconds than any right leaning politician does in years. You're the reason we keep getting stuck with trash like Hillary, and Biden.
User avatar
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: KCMO

Re: Politics

Post by im2kull »

Fountains wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:05 pm
im2kull wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:23 pm
Link2 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:29 pm It’s the sole reason Elon bought Twitter. And it’s imploding, as we all knew it would.
I'm not sure whos sock puppet account this is, but you are an absolute embarrassment.


To say that Musk bought Twitter to appease the political right, is, just stupid. Extremist idiots like you undermine everything us not-crazy liberals work for. I wish we could vote you off the island, because your kind do more harm in thirty seconds than any right leaning politician does in years. You're the reason we keep getting stuck with trash like Hillary, and Biden.
You're the best poster on here
Thank you.
User avatar
grovester
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 4429
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: KC Metro

Re: Politics

Post by grovester »

im2kull wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:10 pm
Fountains wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:05 pm
im2kull wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:23 pm

I'm not sure whos sock puppet account this is, but you are an absolute embarrassment.


To say that Musk bought Twitter to appease the political right, is, just stupid. Extremist idiots like you undermine everything us not-crazy liberals work for. I wish we could vote you off the island, because your kind do more harm in thirty seconds than any right leaning politician does in years. You're the reason we keep getting stuck with trash like Hillary, and Biden.
You're the best poster on here
Thank you.
You guys are gross.
User avatar
DColeKC
Ambassador
Posts: 2604
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:50 am

Re: Politics

Post by DColeKC »

Fountains wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:05 pm
im2kull wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:23 pm
Link2 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:29 pm It’s the sole reason Elon bought Twitter. And it’s imploding, as we all knew it would.
I'm not sure whos sock puppet account this is, but you are an absolute embarrassment.


To say that Musk bought Twitter to appease the political right, is, just stupid. Extremist idiots like you undermine everything us not-crazy liberals work for. I wish we could vote you off the island, because your kind do more harm in thirty seconds than any right leaning politician does in years. You're the reason we keep getting stuck with trash like Hillary, and Biden.
You're the best poster on here
I tend to agree.
User avatar
DColeKC
Ambassador
Posts: 2604
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:50 am

Re: Politics

Post by DColeKC »

Anyone else following the Twitter stuff?
mean
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 11165
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:00 am
Location: Historic Northeast

Re: Politics

Post by mean »

Not when I can help it, but I am mildly entertained that Musk's definition of "absolute free speech" apparently does not include anything that hurts his feelings or annoys him. Truly, we are blessed with only the bigliest narcissist billionaires in this country.
User avatar
DColeKC
Ambassador
Posts: 2604
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:50 am

Re: Politics

Post by DColeKC »

mean wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:26 pm Not when I can help it, but I am mildly entertained that Musk's definition of "absolute free speech" apparently does not include anything that hurts his feelings or annoys him. Truly, we are blessed with only the bigliest narcissist billionaires in this country.
Not exactly getting a lot of coverage. Nothing earth shattering but is nice to see the curtain pulled back a bit.
User avatar
FlippantCitizen
New York Life
New York Life
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:29 pm
Location: Volker

Re: Politics

Post by FlippantCitizen »

Twitter's choice of who to ban, who to amplify, or whatever was never about a uniform set of rules. It was about the biases and emotions of those making the decisions combined with the political pressure being exerted on them. Much the same now with Musk. He's no more in favor of allowing a 1st amendment definition of free speech on Twitter than the previous regime. The mainstream media is in absolute hysteria about Musk. Like I'm on the left side of center and I seriously couldn't give a shit about him or his ownership of Twitter. The only ones who do care in the elite discourse class or people overly influenced by said class. They see it as existential because Twitter has the ability to empower or disempower them and their reach. Honestly, that moderation was ad hoc and inflected with the biases of those making the decisions is as unsurprising to me. It will almost certainly continue to be so.
User avatar
DColeKC
Ambassador
Posts: 2604
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:50 am

Re: Politics

Post by DColeKC »

FlippantCitizen wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:31 pm Twitter's choice of who to ban, who to amplify, or whatever was never about a uniform set of rules. It was about the biases and emotions of those making the decisions combined with the political pressure being exerted on them. Much the same now with Musk. He's no more in favor of allowing a 1st amendment definition of free speech on Twitter than the previous regime. The mainstream media is in absolute hysteria about Musk. Like I'm on the left side of center and I seriously couldn't give a shit about him or his ownership of Twitter. The only ones who do care in the elite discourse class or people overly influenced by said class. They see it as existential because Twitter has the ability to empower or disempower them and their reach. Honestly, that moderation was ad hoc and inflected with the biases of those making the decisions is as unsurprising to me. It will almost certainly continue to be so.
Don’t disagree and time will tell on how bans will work under Musk. I’m a fan of him and I know it’s unpopular to like mega rich people but I feel like he’s proven he’s not a selfish bastard and has good intentions across all his ventures.

The shadow banning and letting political biases impact business decisions in the past is what’s interesting to me. I’m not willing to say these issues changed the outcomes of elections but it’s hard to deny it wouldn’t have an impact at all. Silencing or suppressing one side of the political spectrum would surely do damage.
User avatar
FlippantCitizen
New York Life
New York Life
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:29 pm
Location: Volker

Re: Politics

Post by FlippantCitizen »

DColeKC wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:54 am Don’t disagree and time will tell on how bans will work under Musk. I’m a fan of him and I know it’s unpopular to like mega rich people but I feel like he’s proven he’s not a selfish bastard and has good intentions across all his ventures.

The shadow banning and letting political biases impact business decisions in the past is what’s interesting to me. I’m not willing to say these issues changed the outcomes of elections but it’s hard to deny it wouldn’t have an impact at all. Silencing or suppressing one side of the political spectrum would surely do damage.
I'll say the part that gets me is the regularly scheduled calls between Twitter and FBI and other agencies suggesting what they should censor. It makes the Kara Swisher type argument of "oh well they're private companies so they can do what they want." Well if they are acting regularly on suggested actions from the government then that is pretty odious in my opinion.
Post Reply