Power and Light District Official Tenant List

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Re: Power and Light District Official Tenant List

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:41 pm
DColeKC wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:27 pm Dubliner to return as KC HOOLEY HOUSE early next year. Decent concept change and new ownership group, so promising future.
I assume it's this chain? Doesn't seem like much of a concept change?

https://www.1funpub.com/menu
No, it's not part of any chain. Local ownership group. Will clearly still be an Irish theme.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

cool! Excited to see it reopen.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Great to hear! That bar is gorgeous inside. Was a shame they weren't able to make the Dubliner concept work
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

DColeKC wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:27 pm Dubliner to return as KC HOOLEY HOUSE early next year. Decent concept change and new ownership group, so promising future.
Was the Dubliner the original tenant on that site? I seem to remember another Irish bar, kind of upscale, that preceded it but closed down fairly soon after P&L opened. Hope Hooley House can make it work. It's a great location.
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

The original Irish pub in that spot was Raglan Road; it closed in 2011.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Glad to hear that place is re-opening and they are keeping the Irish theme. It's such a nice place in a great location.
atticus23
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by atticus23 »

As long as they have a good fish and chips, I'm in! As I've been alcohol sober now for 2.5 years, food is my main draw going to P&L.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

atticus23 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am As long as they have a good fish and chips, I'm in! As I've been alcohol sober now for 2.5 years, food is my main draw going to P&L.
Congrats on the 2.5!
atticus23
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by atticus23 »

DColeKC wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:08 pm
atticus23 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am As long as they have a good fish and chips, I'm in! As I've been alcohol sober now for 2.5 years, food is my main draw going to P&L.
Congrats on the 2.5!
Thanks! Much appreciated!
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

The entire block of retail on 14th street between walnut and grand has been leased. No idea when announcements will be made but some good progress.

Several other new leases have happened or are in the negotiations phase throughout the district including an exciting concept for Three Light.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Fun! Thanks for the early intel.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

If true then they should fill all their empty spaces this year…
gfenn11
New York Life
New York Life

Post by gfenn11 »

While I still have yet to make it to one, I wonder if someone could talk the local Whataburger investor (Mahomes) into putting one into the old BK spot.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

I wish power and light had something like sauced. Or a good pizza to go window.
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

a by the slice hole in the wall would be pretty clutch.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

daGOAT wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:21 pm a by the slice hole in the wall would be pretty clutch.
Perfect demographic as well, seems a no brainer and honestly kind of shocking it hasn’t been done yet
gfenn11
New York Life
New York Life

Post by gfenn11 »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:25 pm
daGOAT wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:21 pm a by the slice hole in the wall would be pretty clutch.
Perfect demographic as well, seems a no brainer and honestly kind of shocking it hasn’t been done yet
For sure, but they won't do it due to there already being a by the slice joint inside.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

gfenn11 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:28 pm
Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:25 pm
For sure, but they won't do it due to there already being a by the slice joint inside.
Johnnys and Pizza bar both do pizza by the slice. Pizza bar caters to your event crowds and late-night people. Not gourmet or great quality pizza, it makes you not hungry.

I’m guessing Whataburger is going to have the same hold up other fast food joints have. No drive thru, no interest. At least in this market.
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

johnnys stopped doing pizza by the slice at some point during the pandemmy. they do sell different sizes of pizza. one of those sizes may be an ostensibly personal pizza. but i believe it is like 12" or so.

ice house should take its little unutilized private patio with side room and turn that into a live district facing carry-out window that sells like 3 sandwiches with no edits available. that would kill.

doesn't leinie's have a setup to do basically this between its main entrance and the taco joint?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

wahoowa wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:53 pm johnnys stopped doing pizza by the slice at some point during the pandemmy. they do sell different sizes of pizza. one of those sizes may be an ostensibly personal pizza. but i believe it is like 12" or so.

ice house should take its little unutilized private patio with side room and turn that into a live district facing carry-out window that sells like 3 sandwiches with no edits available. that would kill.

doesn't leinie's have a setup to do basically this between its main entrance and the taco joint?
The little space outside of leinie's sells some food and crush drinks last I paid attention. It's called shandy bar. I didn't know that about Johnnys but I did know they were encouraged to drop several offerings during the pandemic to cut down on the amount of kitchen labor it takes to produce and overall waste. County Road needs to change it's name to Joe's BBQ & Ice House to make a killing.