Nashville?

Want to talk about your favorite places besides Kansas City? Post any development news or questions about other cities here.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Nashville?

Post by normalthings »

Announced today:

60 story, approx. 750' residential tower (Nashville's new tallest) of 500 units, and a 7 story, 60,000 sq. ft. addition to the downtown health club facility.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/ ... bebe3.html

Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Nashville has agreed to begin assessing an over 100-acre tract of the Tennessee State University campus for a Major League Baseball stadium for a possible Nashville Stars team.

The location (on the river next to TSU and near The Nations) would be an awesome spot. Still in the core but probably won't result in many, if any, demo'ed buildings.
Music City Baseball's goal is to have construction — site preparation work such as utilities and grading work — begin in 2024. John Loar, managing director for Music City Baseball, said in a previous interview that the group’s timeline is focused on the potential Nashville Stars playing their first season in 2027.
https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/n ... r-fut.html
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Is MLB expanding? I have not heard anything about them expanding. Oakland and Tampa "still" trying to build stadiums, I can see one of them moving to Nashville.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

GRID wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:51 pm Is MLB expanding? I have not heard anything about them expanding. Oakland and Tampa "still" trying to build stadiums, I can see one of them moving to Nashville.
Or the Royals....
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

No expansion talk, and Royals are not moving to Nashville. Could one happen, sure. I’d bet on expansion to get to 32 teams like football. But both clubs in FL struggle with fan base. One needs new stadium, the other got a a terribly ugly monstrosity new park. Nashville might be a good fit but nothing going to happen for a while.