Misc Crossroads News

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by KCPowercat »

Howard Hanna sent out an.update on Afi and Little Axe. Sounds like they are getting close on Little Axe. Poked my head in awhile ago and the counter was all built so it's moving.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

I have some pictures, but I’m trying not to be an ass and spoil it for them. Little axe is for sure close.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

UMKC Roo wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:41 pm Developer pursuing 180 unit project in Crossroads

Ground floor will be commercial space

https://cityscenekc.com/developer-pursu ... rossroads/
More updates on this project
Earlier this month, Grayson Capital kicked off a 120-day contract negotiation period for 1.16 city-owned acres at 1525-1531 Holmes St., where the firm plans a transit-oriented development with 180 apartments and 6,000 square feet of ground-floor commercial.

The city chose Grayson Capital's plan from three respondents to a request for proposals it issued in March and now could sell it to the builder for $2.6 million. The property houses a small Police Department office and surface parking.
Grayson Capital plans to reserve 36 apartments, or 20% of its project's total units, for renters making up to 50% of the area's median family income (MFI).
Although parking details remain in the works, the development aspires to an "aggressive" ratio — less than one space per residence — probably through a combination of surface and structured parking, said Collins, who also chairs the Kansas City Streetcar Authority.

Grayson Capital has not held many discussions on potential incentives but would do so "at the appropriate time," he said. Contingent on city approvals, the project aims to break ground in late 2023.
https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... tness.html
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

the term TOD seems like a stretch for this location lol still exciting density that East Crossroads absolutely can absorb though
trexel94
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by trexel94 »

Nice to see the eastern portion receive some action. 180 units on roughly an acre of land. How many stories do we want to speculate?
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

trexel94 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:56 pm Nice to see the eastern portion receive some action. 180 units on roughly an acre of land. How many stories do we want to speculate?
It depends on the parking situation. I'm going with 5 floors of apartments above retail and lobby, so 6 total. With integrated parking, I'll say 7.
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

trexel94 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:56 pm Nice to see the eastern portion receive some action. 180 units on roughly an acre of land. How many stories do we want to speculate?
It has a similar footprint to One Nine Vine which is 80 units at 6 floors so personally I would guess around 10 floors, unless they assemble the land along Charlotte as well.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

If the building has any frontage on Truman it needs to have some size to it.
cityscenekc
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by cityscenekc »

daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

Definitely should be taller along Truman Rd, the views to the East will be pretty cool, but I wonder if the views to the NW will get obstructed by AT&T's doomsday fortress.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

daGOAT wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:28 pm Definitely should be taller along Truman Rd, the views to the East will be pretty cool, but I wonder if the views to the NW will get obstructed by AT&T's doomsday fortress.
Why doesn't At&T do one of their Building Billboards on that fortress? They do it in other cities and it isn't like they are covering up windows.

May be in the minority, but that seems more visually interesting to me

daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

Maybe some giant Blade Runner-esqe signage, Fritz Lang would have certainly approved lol
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

Was recently able to walk and explore around the crossroads when I visited KC again, and I have to say While the actual building hasn’t been that impressive in the last few years (although certainly nothing to sneeze at) the number of shops and restaurants feels much higher than it used to. Started thinking about how I’d regularly walk 5-6 blocks just to get between things in the crossroads ten years ago.
UMKCroo
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by UMKCroo »

Looks like Savoy Tea is close to opening in the Arterra Building. Welcome addition to the neighborhood. Glad Arterra could activate that space with something interesting.

https://savoytea.com
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Alright I gotta get a new username...
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

It appears a small hotel or something is planned at 1518 Oak Street. Special Use Permit applied for today.
https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod ... =locations
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

The printing press building?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Critical_Mass wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:23 pm The printing press building?
Across the street
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

Address must be wrong. Aren't odd numbers on the east side of oak? 1518 would be west side and nothing is there besides the press building. There's a 2 story @ 1517 oak.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

What's the building name for this site currently