Smokey River Entertainment District

Jackson/Cass Suburbs, including South KC
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Smokey River Entertainment District

Post by Cratedigger »

What a concept... welcome to a post-legal weed Missouri!

I've lived here most of my life and had never heard of River Bend, MO. Now, looks like there's an idea to create a new entertainment district there that allows people to consume marijuana. Trying to complete small developments by Spring 2023.
Mitchell expects the first phase to cost between $30-50 million to get the space ready for smaller events in the spring. He hopes that gathers interest, leading to future development that could cost considerably more.
https://fox4kc.com/news/new-missouri-ri ... nsumption/
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: Smokey River Entertainment District

Post by Cratedigger »

DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

KCMO already smells like pot. Why would I drive for the privilege?
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

I don't understand. So this is just a venue in the middle of nowhere where everybody can smoke weed in public?
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Everything's Up to Date in Kansas City.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

Is Clay Chastain a silent partner in this venue? Seems like he could build all his whacky pet projects here “Puff the magic kingdom”
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Pretty epic way for them to open 4/20. https://www.thepitchkc.com/wiz-khalifa- ... 4-20-fest/ You're gonna get A LOT of folks traveling in from out of state to attend to this.

I would imagine there will also be lots of folks trading/selling their own product inside. Curious to see how their staff handles that.

There are a lot of reasons that a venue like this make so much sense. One is that now the venue has a whole new revenue stream through the sale of weed, which isn't cheap around here. It's also a much better for crowd control to have a stoned public rather than drunk-off-their-ass crowd. If they execute Smokey River operations properly, it seems like it would be a terrific alternative venue for rock and hip-hop stuff that's currently going to Starlight, Sandstone, Midland, or even Sprint Center.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

It seems like a dispensary on site would make a killing during this festival and during weekends throughout the year. Where's the nearest one in relation to this location?
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

kcjak wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:38 am It seems like a dispensary on site would make a killing during this festival and during weekends throughout the year. Where's the nearest one in relation to this location?
There's a pretty popular edible maker Good Day Farms that is less than 5 miles away

I would be surprised if there isn't anything sold on site/nearby
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Cratedigger wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:52 am
I would be surprised if there isn't anything sold on site/nearby
I don't think they can legally do a point of sale at the site so they do delivery with online sales.
Will cannabis be sold at 420Fest?
Yes. You may choose a delivery option only. To have these options you will need to download the BesaMe Wellness App or visit www.besamewellness.com