Portillo's in here

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Portillo's in here

Post by mgsports »

dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Portillo's in here

Post by dukuboy1 »

Saw this article. Would love to have this in KC. But hell I’d love Jack in the Box, Jersey Mikes, Schlotzsky’s, Krispy Kreme to be located with the city limits of KC. There are no franchises within city of KC for these places, which is weird.

Maybe with the growth of the Northland those can be added. But I’m baffled by the lack of popular franchises within KC beyond the mega brands (Taco Bell, McDonalds, etc.)
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

In and Out,Rallys,Del Taco MO side. Winco. Ramey Price Cutter.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

We don't need a Meijer in KC
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

In and out would be awesome but won’t happen until they build a new DC
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

Dick Portillo sold back in 2014 for like a billion dollars. I could definitely see KC as a place they would want to expand. They already have stores in Davenport IA and Springfield IL so not too far away.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

UMKC Roo wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:18 am We don't need a Meijer in KC
Why? We need Kmart replacement.

Toysrus back.
Braums will never happen. More Pizza Ranch's and so on.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I would love a jersey Mike's in the city. So sick of Jimmy John's as the only decent option in the city.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

We need basically every semi-fast food place to make its way to the urban core
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:44 pm I would love a jersey Mike's in the city. So sick of Jimmy John's as the only decent option in the city.
Picklemans Cafe? Subway?
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

Goodcents is very good for cold subs. Jersey Mike’s is just a touch better, than Jimmy John’s. Subway is ok if you have no choice
FlippantCitizen
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by FlippantCitizen »

I'm spending some time in Chicago over the last week and next. Never had Portillo's until this week despite having been to Chicago many times. Yeah whatever. I don't often eat at chains. I get that chains moving into KC's urban core would be a good vote of market confidence. On a personal level though I could care less about this chain or that.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

dukuboy1 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:08 pm Goodcents is very good for cold subs. Jersey Mike’s is just a touch better, than Jimmy John’s. Subway is ok if you have no choice
Capriotti's,Which Wich,East Coast Subs. Milo's or others not in area.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

FlippantCitizen wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:01 pm I'm spending some time in Chicago over the last week and next. Never had Portillo's until this week despite having been to Chicago many times. Yeah whatever. I don't often eat at chains. I get that chains moving into KC's urban core would be a good vote of market confidence. On a personal level though I could care less about this chain or that.
Portillos is fine. But man would I love a Nando’s downtown. Feels like something that would fit the P&L vibe
FlippantCitizen
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by FlippantCitizen »

Cratedigger wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:31 am
FlippantCitizen wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:01 pm I'm spending some time in Chicago over the last week and next. Never had Portillo's until this week despite having been to Chicago many times. Yeah whatever. I don't often eat at chains. I get that chains moving into KC's urban core would be a good vote of market confidence. On a personal level though I could care less about this chain or that.
Portillos is fine. But man would I love a Nando’s downtown. Feels like something that would fit the P&L vibe
Anything that comes sans drive thru is welcome in my book, I just don't understand the simping for one chain or the other. I don't want to see another drive-thru in midtown (though I know I'll be disappointed). I looked it up... Nando's is only in the DC and Chicago markets in the US. Makes sense because my wife spent some years growing up in London and otherwise primarily Chicago. She referred to "going for some cheeky Nando's" at one point and I didn't have a clue what she was talking about. It was good chicken when I tried it.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

mgsports wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:30 am
dukuboy1 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:08 pm Goodcents is very good for cold subs. Jersey Mike’s is just a touch better, than Jimmy John’s. Subway is ok if you have no choice
Capriotti’s is here. Tried it for 1st time at the Liberty location. Very good. There used to be Which Wich here, also good. They were a pandemic casualty as the company closed stores nationwide. Hope they come back as it was popular with people.
empires228
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by empires228 »

dukuboy1 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:52 am
mgsports wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:30 am
Capriotti’s is here. Tried it for 1st time at the Liberty location. Very good. There used to be Which Wich here, also good. They were a pandemic casualty as the company closed stores nationwide. Hope they come back as it was popular with people.
I just tried the OP location today after seeing this. It was quite good!
Rusty Irish
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty Irish »

The "bobbie" from Capriotti's is the msot overrated sandwich I've ever eaten. Its a christmas leftovers sandwich. God knows how it was voted the greatest sandwich in America or whatever.