Nashville new stadium renderings

Want to talk about your favorite places besides Kansas City? Post any development news or questions about other cities here.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Nashville new stadium renderings

Post by GRID »

New Titans Stadium looks pretty good. If there was a way to integrate an NFL stadium into an urban neighborhood, I think they have done pretty well. Still think NFL stadiums are better off away from the city center. Baseball should be downtown though.

Good god though. If Nashville builds up the other side of the river, they will have a massive downtown.

https://www.tennesseetitans.com/news/ti ... 0VE7m0KESg
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: Nashville new stadium renderings

Post by Cratedigger »

Designed by Manica architecture, a KC company. Looks pretty neat!
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

The best outcome for Paseo West!
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Did get a laugh at this

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/15 ... bIromuL0Ug
The Titans released renders of their new $2B stadium anddd it’s just a giant Top Golf

Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

It doesn't even look like a football stadium, which is fine really. It helps blend into a new neighborhood better.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

I like the initial renderings and goal of the stadium being a multi-purpose asset to community groups and the surrounding neighborhood. But at $2 billion, the smallest stadium in the league at around 60,000 and limited revenue options from parking I have to wonder if the ticket prices are going to end up being some of the highest in the NFL.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Once again another stadium going adjacent to their downtown while KC finds every reason under the Sun why football just can’t do that here.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

With that roof they will probably get a super bowl. That style of roof would be nice over Arrowhead.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

UMKC Roo wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:50 am Once again another stadium going adjacent to their downtown while KC finds every reason under the Sun why football just can’t do that here.
It would be awesome if KC could do something like this. But do you honestly see KC building such an elaborate stadium?

The new stadium in Nashville will cost 2.1 billion and that's mostly just for the stadium since they already have the land. I don't even see KC building a 2 billion dollar stadium, let alone having the extra half billion or more it would take to build the stadium in a more urban location. (Acquire all the land, demo, rebuild surrounding street/utility infrastructure, build new interstate access ramps, build additional parking structures etc.)

You have to remember, that this will be at the same time the city is going to try to build a new MLB stadium and from what I have seen so far, the plans for that stadium will not be all that elaborate either compared to what other markets do. Some have said it might even be closer to a minor league sized stadium to keep costs down.

But yeah, it would amazing to have a stadium like this east of the downtown loop or in the parking lots of Crown Center north of 27th.

I just don't see how a proper downtown NFL stadium plus a proper downtown MLB stadium cost anything less than 4 billion total. All this in a state that can't even replace the Broadway Bridge with something more than a freeway girder bridge? I mean the city didn't build the new terminal in the correct location simply because the state couldn't find 200 million for infrastructure upgrades to tie the new terminal to Highway 152. That 200 million would have been worth the investment to bring the terminal 4 miles closer to the city and give it more room to build and be closer to all the runways.

Or the "BRT" that is just a standard bus route in any other city or the Streetcar that is stuck meandering around parked cars along curbs in mixed traffic with no room for larger platforms. It cost more to do things right.

It's just not realistic to think that KC would build something like this.

If they go urban with the NFL stadium, then maybe downtown KCK would be the place for it. It's mostly parking lots now. Problem is Kansas does not know how to develop anything but greenfields and in that case, the stadium should stay where it is.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

And I'm not harping on KC here. I'm just stating reality. KCMO is a "BUDGET" town in a state that doesn't give a shit about it with half its metro in another state that also doesn't give a shit about it.

It's not going to get new stadiums like these other cities are getting. So be real about it.
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

I'm fine with new baseball & two new soccer stadiums downtown but not the Chiefs. Arrowhead is fine, let it be historic. I'd rather have the elements and homefield advantage rather than yet another generic NFL dome just to get the SB. Can't tell if you're in Vegas, LA, or Nashville when you look around.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

GRID wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:40 pm
UMKC Roo wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:50 am Once again another stadium going adjacent to their downtown while KC finds every reason under the Sun why football just can’t do that here.
You have to remember, that this will be at the same time the city is going to try to build a new MLB stadium and from what I have seen so far, the plans for that stadium will not be all that elaborate either compared to what other markets do. Some have said it might even be closer to a minor league sized stadium to keep costs down.
It's not going to be a minor league sized stadium to keep costs down.

If it is smaller than Kauffman it is because the focus is on the fan experience & integration into the neighborhood/building a neighborhood as part of the development