Four Light

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
trexel94
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Four Light

Post by trexel94 »

Site selected apparently: parking lot next to B&B Theatres in Downtown. Focus for now is to complete and lease out 3L and complete the Midland conversion.

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... 0#cxrecs_s
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

earthling wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:25 pm Image
Old Old Old
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

I’d like to add to my continued annual request for a Brit’s Pub type establishment to cover the terrible P&L rooftops. Active rooftops add to liveliness of an area and will bring in more rent.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

normalthings wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:38 pm
earthling wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:25 pm
Old Old Old
Looks like they were showing context of location, not the latest rendering. Hopefully it will have an entirely different curtain wall.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

beautyfromashes wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:49 pm Image

I’d like to add to my continued annual request for a Brit’s Pub type establishment to cover the terrible P&L rooftops. Active rooftops add to liveliness of an area and will bring in more rent.
Would also love some roof top options, just very expensive to build for some reason.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

DColeKC wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:56 pm Would also love some roof top options, just very expensive to build for some reason.
It'd be worth it. They'd rent every retail space they have if viable rooftop was built out and included: old Sprint store space, Famous Dave's, Bar Louie.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Do the current buildings support rooftop?
cityscenekc
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by cityscenekc »

Cordish has targeted site west of the Mainstreet Theater for the Four Light project for many years now, not sure why the KCBJ thought it had some kind of exclusive yesterday. As the cops like to say, nothing to see here, move along. Also, the battle on the City Council to approve incentives for Three Light was huge several years ago and that was before things got even more fractured at City Hall. I don't believe Four Light will be a Council cake walk either whenever our friends from Baltimore decide to formally move ahead.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

There was talk 4L could be up the block north and that 5L or 6L would later end up W of movie theaters.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

normalthings wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:11 am Do the current buildings support rooftop?
Basically. It would take a potential tenant expressing interest to get one done. For example, all spaces along 14th are built with available height for second floors or mezzanines but they don’t get built unless it’s part of the tenant build out.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

DColeKC wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:05 am
normalthings wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:11 am Do the current buildings support rooftop?
Basically. It would take a potential tenant expressing interest to get one done. For example, all spaces along 14th are built with available height for second floors or mezzanines but they don’t get built unless it’s part of the tenant build out.
Might be a good enticement to gain interest in those spots. Most have been empty for years and rooftop would make them the best spot for views in the city.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

beautyfromashes wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:21 am It'd be worth it. They'd rent every retail space they have if viable rooftop was built out and included: old Sprint store space, Famous Dave's, Bar Louie.
Drunken Fish had an awesome rooftop dining/bar area that never seemed particularly well used, and I believe the space is currently empty. Agree with your overall point though, the views are or would be fantastic, and rooftop bars fit perfectly with the overall P&L vibe.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

rxlexi wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:43 am Drunken Fish had an awesome rooftop dining/bar area that never seemed particularly well used, and I believe the space is currently empty. Agree with your overall point though, the views are or would be fantastic, and rooftop bars fit perfectly with the overall P&L vibe.
True, and a good point though we probably all know DF closed because it wasn’t particularly good and Covid hit. It will be interesting to see which empty space in P&L rents first. I’d sure take the DF space over Bar Louie.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

beautyfromashes wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:32 am
rxlexi wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:43 am Drunken Fish had an awesome rooftop dining/bar area that never seemed particularly well used, and I believe the space is currently empty. Agree with your overall point though, the views are or would be fantastic, and rooftop bars fit perfectly with the overall P&L vibe.
True, and a good point though we probably all know DF closed because it wasn’t particularly good and Covid hit. It will be interesting to see which empty space in P&L rents first. I’d sure take the DF space over Bar Louie.
Isn’t Blue Sushi going in one of those spots? May have my sites mixed up
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Is 5L/6L just going to be those proposed buildings across the Cap?
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

Cratedigger wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:02 pm Isn’t Blue Sushi going in one of those spots? May have my sites mixed up
I believe Blue Sushi is going in the old Bar Louie spot (someone correct me if I'm wrong), and adding a second floor mezzanine level as DCole described.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

rxlexi wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:52 pm
Cratedigger wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:02 pm Isn’t Blue Sushi going in one of those spots? May have my sites mixed up
I believe Blue Sushi is going in the old Bar Louie spot (someone correct me if I'm wrong), and adding a second floor mezzanine level as DCole described.
Yes. Looks like the mezzanine is in place!
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

UMKC Roo wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:45 pm Is 5L/6L just going to be those proposed buildings across the Cap?
Nope! That’s a different development.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

normalthings wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:56 pm
rxlexi wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:52 pm
Yes. Looks like the mezzanine is in place!
Yes, it's in place and they've hit a snag. Removed the old windows a bit too soon and have been wide open for 2 weeks now.