Plaza move-ins (ongoing)

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
JLowe2018
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Plaza move-ins (ongoing)

Post by JLowe2018 »

Went to the Levi's Outlet at Legend's this past weekend, and learned that a Levi's store will be opened on the Plaza next year. The sales associate I spoke with said they've signed the lease already so it will be happening, but corporate is still deciding what all services it will have in house-stuff like whether or not to have one of their tailor shops like can be found in their Chicago or NYC stores. I really like Levi's so I hope they go all out on making this a real nice flagship-type store; it would be nice to see the Plaza get something more than just a typical mall-type level store for once in a while.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

The last thing the plaza needs is another lockdown on development height.
msmith011
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by msmith011 »

JLowe2018 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:07 pm Went to the Levi's Outlet at Legend's this past weekend, and learned that a Levi's store will be opened on the Plaza next year. The sales associate I spoke with said they've signed the lease already so it will be happening, but corporate is still deciding what all services it will have in house-stuff like whether or not to have one of their tailor shops like can be found in their Chicago or NYC stores. I really like Levi's so I hope they go all out on making this a real nice flagship-type store; it would be nice to see the Plaza get something more than just a typical mall-type level store for once in a while.
I've wanted to see a Levi's mainline (non-outlet) store on the Plaza for years. I've been to the Mall of America store and the product is much higher quality. Plus, the vibe is perfect for an urban demographic.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

A full blown Levi's store would be a great catch for the plaza.
msmith011
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by msmith011 »

Recently opened:
Lovesac
Chiefs Fit
The Normal Brand
Tirza Design
KC Style Haus
The Shade Store
Pandora
Psycho Bunny
Pure Barre
Club Pilates

Coming soon:
Ice Cream Bae
Capital One Cafe
Parachute
JD Sports
Nike
Pink Lipps Cosmetics

Article does not mention the relocation of Rally House, Bath & Body Works, or 3DHQ on the Plaza. Also doesn't mention stores that have submitted plans to the city (Johnny Was). Also curious if Fabletics is still happening, which was announced last spring.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Is great to see this degree of action but hopefully it won't detract from the growing momentum that the Plaza needs to mature into something more than a generic mall.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

We need more then one Capital One Cafe. More Fast Food.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

mgsports wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:11 pm We need more then one Capital One Cafe. More Fast Food.
I want to love one thing in life as much as you love fast food chains.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

WoodDraw wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:14 pm
mgsports wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:11 pm We need more then one Capital One Cafe. More Fast Food.
As a fellow Plaza resident, I concur that we need more fast food within walking distance.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

UMKC Roo wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:20 pm
WoodDraw wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:14 pm
As a fellow Plaza resident, I concur that we need more fast food within walking distance.
Don't disagree! Just funny :)
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Depends on how you define fast food but they probably should bring back a unique McDs and the rest of 'fast food' as non-mega-chain counter eats including something like a Thai bowl or some form of fresh bowl counter like Dig Inn out of NYC. Five or 6 counter eats would be a good balance. Panera is an existing one. Would a unique pizza counter by slice be out of place?
Last edited by earthling on Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Der Wienerschnitzel
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

As much as I would like one on the Plaza I would sacrirfice in two seconds to bring one downtown instead. Thou shalt do whatith necessary to save downtown.
Last edited by TheUrbanRoo on Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Denver Biscuit Company, The Big Biscuit, Tudor's Biscuit World, or Ozark Mountain Biscuit Company.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

FangKC wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:48 pm Denver Biscuit Company, The Big Biscuit, Tudor's Biscuit World, or Ozark Mountain Biscuit Company.
I like biscuits too

Some other concepts I would like to see at the plaza or in P&L

Foxtrot Market
Mendocino Farms
Roti
Lazy dog (would be perfect over by the old Zoe’s Kitchen)
By Chloe
Sweetgreen or Freshii
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

umm isn't the Capital One Cafe a bank that has like some starbucks style pastries and such? I could be wrong on that
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

dukuboy1 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:33 pm umm isn't the Capital One Cafe a bank that has like some starbucks style pastries and such? I could be wrong on that
Yeah basically
In addition to financial services, the space features a full-service coffee and tea bar that also serves local baked goods, sweet and savory snacks and prepared food items. The café is open to the public, but Capital One customers get 50% off on handcrafted beverages.
Here's Denver's

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Capit ... BJ6BAhuEAU
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

dukuboy1 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:33 pm umm isn't the Capital One Cafe a bank that has like some starbucks style pastries and such? I could be wrong on that
Coffee shop that brings in a local bakery
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

normalthings wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:46 pm
Coffee shop that brings in a local bakery
ok, I was curious. So another coffee shop on the Plaza, cool. Hope its nice
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

They're actually not bad. Just a normal coffee place. They don't try to walk around and sell you things or shit like that.

Last time I was in one capital one had just contracted out all of the coffee shop stuff to a...coffee shop. I can't remember which one, but it was like a year ago.

I think they had like a board room more or less that they let local groups rent out for free. Other than that just imagine a capital one themed corporate coffee shop with some bank stuff in the back.