KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Transportation topics in KC
trexel94
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by trexel94 »

Spirit Airlines is apparently launching flights to PHX starting Nov 7th. No official press but the flights are for sale.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Frontier adding phx 3/week starting Jan 12

Going to be a busy route with 4 carriers on it. We will see which of Spirit or Frontier give in first.
SingleMalt12
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by SingleMalt12 »

What's the deal with Spirit? No more Detroit? Per the Flykci web site they only fly from KCI to Vegas, LA and Orlando. They are almost as flaky as Frontier.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

SingleMalt12 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:34 pm What's the deal with Spirit? No more Detroit? Per the Flykci web site they only fly from KCI to Vegas, LA and Orlando. They are almost as flaky as Frontier.
LCC’s are the most impacted by high fuel prices
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Southwest extended their schedule today for March

2 seasonal routes are back. Sarasota and Panama City both Saturday only

Full list of restarts across the network.
https://wieck-swa-production.s3-us-west ... 71dd7292e8
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

normalthings wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:50 pm
SingleMalt12 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:34 pm What's the deal with Spirit? No more Detroit? Per the Flykci web site they only fly from KCI to Vegas, LA and Orlando. They are almost as flaky as Frontier.
I always thought Detroit was a weird route for a ULCC from here
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

dev49 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:48 pm
normalthings wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:50 pm
I always thought Detroit was a weird route for a ULCC from here
DTW route for Spirit always had poor LFs, they also flew to DFW for a brief period of time. They will begin flying to PHX next year (as will Frontier, ha!). But to the other points above...ULCCs are always optimizing routes and so a lot don't stick but that is the playbook
Rusty Irish
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty Irish »

Just booked flights in November to come over. A grand and two connections to get to KC again. :puke:

A direct link to Europe can't come soon enough.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Rusty Irish wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:53 pm Just booked flights in November to come over. A grand and two connections to get to KC again. :puke:

Flying back on Christmas leave when I was stationed in Italy was regularly 2 connections, 3 legs. Usually VCE-AMS-Some US hub-MCI. It was always a shitshow of 45 min connections and running to gates. A direct to Europe hub would’ve been an easy 2 flights.
Rusty Irish
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty Irish »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:52 pm
Rusty Irish wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:53 pm Just booked flights in November to come over. A grand and two connections to get to KC again. :puke:

Flying back on Christmas leave when I was stationed in Italy was regularly 2 connections, 3 legs. Usually VCE-AMS-Some US hub-MCI. It was always a shitshow of 45 min connections and running to gates. A direct to Europe hub would’ve been an easy 2 flights.
I'm flying Glasgow Dublin O'Hare Kansas City. I hate O'Hare but as flights are so expensive I'm biting the bullet. I connected in frigging Salt Lake City last time from Amsterdam. Actually quite pleasant as far as airports go but due to crap connection times at places like Detroit and MSP I ended up out there. The travel doesn't half take it out of you.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Saw on a.net Air Canada is cutting Toronto to Kansas City from November-April. Milwaukee and Hartford to Toronto cut also. Hopefully it’s just temporary and it does come back next summer.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

dev49 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:22 pm Saw on a.net Air Canada is cutting Toronto to Kansas City from November-April. Milwaukee and Hartford to Toronto cut also. Hopefully it’s just temporary and it does come back next summer.
I never understood that Air Canada flight. It was too late in the afternoon to be used for any stop to Europe so you had to stay overnight. If they had just moved it a couple hours earlier it likely would have doubled their traffic.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

*wrong thread
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

Rusty Irish wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:15 pm

I'm flying Glasgow Dublin O'Hare Kansas City. I hate O'Hare but as flights are so expensive I'm biting the bullet. I connected in frigging Salt Lake City last time from Amsterdam. Actually quite pleasant as far as airports go but due to crap connection times at places like Detroit and MSP I ended up out there. The travel doesn't half take it out of you.
I feel like a direct to Europe flight may be better for additive travel/complementary, but probably not so much re-route price sensitive travelers that travel regularly. I also recently got back from flying overseas with both layovers stateside. Unless there would be a significant discount (which is doubtful), I typically choose a stateside layover just because familiarity.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Forgive me if this is covered but where are the lounges located? I assume Delta will be in A, what about Priority Pass?
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

shinatoo wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:52 am Forgive me if this is covered but where are the lounges located? I assume Delta will be in A, what about Priority Pass?
I don’t think any other lounges have been announced.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Do legacy airlines create layover flights from non hub cities? MCI would be a great spot for some hub to hub flights with a layover in MCI, i have seen people fly ORD-DFW on AA with a layover in MCI but with the new airport they should make this as a greater opportunity and it would make for a great layover spot.

These would be great layover flights for MCI

AA - PHL-PHX via MCI
AA - ORD-AUS
AA - DCA-PHX
AA - LGA-PHX
DL - BOS-SLC
DL- LGA and BOS-LAX
DL - ATL-SEA
UA - EWR-SFO
UA - IAD-SFO and DEN
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

alejandro46 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:29 am
Rusty Irish wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:15 pm
I feel like a direct to Europe flight may be better for additive travel/complementary, but probably not so much re-route price sensitive travelers that travel regularly. I also recently got back from flying overseas with both layovers stateside. Unless there would be a significant discount (which is doubtful), I typically choose a stateside layover just because familiarity.
Poking around STL vs ORD.

ORD is overall significantly cheaper.

STL-FRA-XXX is usually within $20-40 of connecting opportunities through US hubs. So there is a price premium but its likely worth the time savings for even the price conscious.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:19 pm Do legacy airlines create layover flights from non hub cities? MCI would be a great spot for some hub to hub flights with a layover in MCI, i have seen people fly ORD-DFW on AA with a layover in MCI but with the new airport they should make this as a greater opportunity and it would make for a great layover spot.

AA - PHL-PHX via MCI
AA - ORD-AUS
AA - DCA-PHX
AA - LGA-PHX
DL - BOS-SLC
DL- LGA and BOS-LAX
DL - ATL-SEA
UA - EWR-SFO
UA - IAD-SFO and DEN
The airlines brought this up during the new terminal debate circa mid-2010's. Customer experience too poor to allow even casual connections.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:19 pm Do legacy airlines create layover flights from non hub cities? MCI would be a great spot for some hub to hub flights with a layover in MCI, i have seen people fly ORD-DFW on AA with a layover in MCI but with the new airport they should make this as a greater opportunity and it would make for a great layover spot.

AA - PHL-PHX via MCI
AA - ORD-AUS
AA - DCA-PHX
AA - LGA-PHX
DL - BOS-SLC
DL- LGA and BOS-LAX
DL - ATL-SEA
UA - EWR-SFO
UA - IAD-SFO and DEN
Not intentionally. I think it’s usually something like 1-2% do. Sometimes if someone books a late flight it might be cheaper to do a stop in some random place for a few hours than the nonstop. I don’t think that number changes after the new terminal unless they make into a AA at Austin type operation, which I don’t see happening