Power and Light District Official Tenant List

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: Power and Light District Official Tenant List

Post by KCPowercat »

They say it will not. It's shockingly always busy with booze drinkers so should have no problem
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

KCPowercat wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:45 pm They say it will not. It's shockingly always busy with booze drinkers so should have no problem
Nice!
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

There was a brokers open last week hosted by PNL. They've got much more aggressive in getting spaces leased up. It's the district presidents highest priority and they've got several clients at the finish line. I didn't realize that it can take 6-9 months from first visit to getting a LOI signed.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

DColeKC wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:37 pm There was a brokers open last week hosted by PNL. They've got much more aggressive in getting spaces leased up. It's the district presidents highest priority and they've got several clients at the finish line. I didn't realize that it can take 6-9 months from first visit to getting a LOI signed.
This is music to Powercat's ears. You give him this and he'll give you the Crossroads site in return.
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

plowboys closed and ice house raised prices substantially within 3 weeks lol
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

wahoowa wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:28 pm plowboys closed and ice house raised prices substantially within 3 weeks lol
Can't believe plowboys made it this long.

Protein house has a sign on it's door saying prices went up 15% due to food costs. Chipotle seems to have some new shortage every week posted on their doors.
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

the chipotle signs have said exact change only so you are almost technically correct lol
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

wahoowa wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:51 pm the chipotle signs have said exact change only so you are almost technically correct lol
I eat there far too often, the coin shortage sign is the latest and current longest door champion. This summer has feature other options like, "sorry, due to shortages we do not have sour cream." "Sorry, due to shortages we are currently not offering steak" and my favorite, "Due to our bathrooms being down we are closed".

Who knows if this is actually due to shortages or just poor inventory management.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

DColeKC wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:35 pm
wahoowa wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:28 pm plowboys closed and ice house raised prices substantially within 3 weeks lol

Protein house has a sign on it's door saying prices went up 15% due to food costs. Chipotle seems to have some new shortage every week posted on their doors.
Y’all better start filling in retail spots. It’s getting sparse with both corners of 14th and Main empty now
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:24 pm

Y’all better start filling in retail spots. It’s getting sparse with both corners of 14th and Main empty now
I don't have anything to do with it besides passing along recs from this forum and getting updates to pass along.

From what I'm told, leasing is going better than it ever has but it takes time. The old Famous Daves space for example is leased but not announced. Sadly, my source is leaving so I hope I still get information once she's out.
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

excited to see something go in there. getting the spots outside the live district proper maxed out would be even nicer of a QOL thing for the neighborhood than filling up the district itself (though of course doing both would be great)
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Why?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:44 am
Why?
Garbage location.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

^Right in front of the streetcar stop? That's as prime as it gets. What you're saying is that it's not on P&L property so is a garbage location.
Last edited by earthling on Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

What in the world. Outdoor entry, huge office towers, streetcar stop, ped path from convention hotels, outdoor patios, how is that a garbage location?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

earthling wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:15 am ^Right in front of the streetcar stop? That's as prime as it gets. What you're saying is that it's not on P&L property so is a garbage location.
FML --- I'm so fucking over this shit.

I. DO. NOT. WORK. OR. PROFIT. FROM. ANYTHING. TO. DO. WITH. THE. PNL. DISTRICT.

I fucking live downtown, work downtown, support downtown and love downtown. Hell I'm on 3 different downtown orgs but I get to have a personal opinion and it's rarely tainted with any thoughts of PNL.

It's a garbage location because it's in the base of a building that doesn't look welcoming to the average person. It doesn't scream hey, come into this 34 story building and grab some BBQ. It lacked any form of welcoming street front design but hey, that light gobo that projected the logo after the sun went down probably caused mass amounts of people to enter.

You all also seem to think a location near a streetcar stop means something to business owners and their bottom line. I'm sure it has a positive impact but the idea specific business benefit from people getting off the streetcar and suddenly seeing a BBQ place and dashing in is funny.

Plowboys has a good product, sad to see them go but I hope the pop back up in a location more conducive to success and higher foot traffic.

EDIT: I will start openly notifying everyone when my opinion is consciously factoring in PNL's interest.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Was busy most every lunchtime that I was there. Had to fight for a seat. Had to be doing better busy than Old County Road (or whatever the name is).
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

I agree. Pre-covid there was always a line out the door at lunch. Every streetcar that showed up would dump 20 customers in directly.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

kboish wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:08 pm I agree. Pre-covid there was always a line out the door at lunch. Every streetcar that showed up would dump 20 customers in directly.
never felt popping for dinner and it wasn't a very inviting street presence
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

beautyfromashes wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:06 pm Was busy most every lunchtime that I was there. Had to fight for a seat. Had to be doing better busy than Old County Road (or whatever the name is).
County Road does 3 million dollars a year but it's never been a hotspot for downtown lunch on weekdays. Not that I've noticed. It's also Joes BBQ, so slightly more famous (massively) than Plowboys.