OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Transportation topics in KC
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

hartliss wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:24 am
trexel94 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:20 pm This presentation was used at the Bergen conference when the air service team was pitching to BA.
http://mediaassets.kshb.com/NWT/Sam/MCI ... 1660926597

Also within the presentation are full gate assignments. Jetblue and Air Canada haven't been assigned gates yet apparently. Top European markets to/from KC are featured as well.

Too bad the FOIA led to this being circulated all over the internet. The competition to land international service is fierce and now our peer airports also vying for service have seen our pitch. Is what it is but sucks for MCI officials
What competition do we really have in the catchment area? Omaha? Witchita? I don’t see a city within the region running a successful bid to compete with KC for TAS
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:43 pm
hartliss wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:24 am
trexel94 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:20 pm This presentation was used at the Bergen conference when the air service team was pitching to BA.
http://mediaassets.kshb.com/NWT/Sam/MCI ... 1660926597

Also within the presentation are full gate assignments. Jetblue and Air Canada haven't been assigned gates yet apparently. Top European markets to/from KC are featured as well.

Too bad the FOIA led to this being circulated all over the internet. The competition to land international service is fierce and now our peer airports also vying for service have seen our pitch. Is what it is but sucks for MCI officials
What competition do we really have in the catchment area? Omaha? Witchita? I don’t see a city within the region running a successful bid to compete with KC for TAS
Not necessarily in the catchment area but airports like CLE, CMH, IND and others in similar size vying for that one slot on BA to LHR.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

Can't come soon enough

mRoyal
Pad site
Pad site

Post by mRoyal »

Saw a WSJ video on YouTube about the Spirit/JetBlue merger in which a former JetBlue exec says for JB to grow it'd be best to "set up a focus city in the middle of the country."

Hmmmm...I know a place.

https://youtu.be/qjgVSWNlLw4?t=253
trexel94
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by trexel94 »

July progress report released

https://www.buildkci.com/wp-content/upl ... 7.2022.pdf

Spirit apparently now has two gates. Is this in anticipation of the merger?
trexel94
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by trexel94 »

United recently conducted their aircraft fit test with both an A319 and a 737Max8. Fit test schedule for September Delta & Southwest, October for Spirit, JetBlue, Air Canada, Frontier, and Allegiant. AA wasn't mentioned so I assume November?

trexel94
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by trexel94 »

Furniture seating has arrived

normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

trexel94 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:26 pm
Is this in anticipation of the merger?
no
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Why does each airline have to do a fit test? I'd assume it was just typical aircraft types?
cardium
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by cardium »

From July report: "The Building 14 Lounge Expansion began with miscellaneous support steel to allow
for removal of precast and glazing. The Lounge Expansion will continue with
structural steel installation in early August."

Does "expansion" mean that AA is building out over the first level where there was originally a roof over the first level?
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

KCPowercat wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:41 pm Why does each airline have to do a fit test? I'd assume it was just typical aircraft types?
I was going to ask this as well, but in a different way. Alaska used their Pixar, United used their green one. Is this just pr?

Obviously they’re drawing lines.

For people that fly often, you’ll know they draw lines on the ground where each type stops at. That is what the fit test it to I guess?

The airport requests a plain from each airline with different planes to dock?
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

KCPowercat wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:41 pm Why does each airline have to do a fit test? I'd assume it was just typical aircraft types?
I don’t know the answer, but all gates have a line you roll up to depending on the aircrafts you’re flying. I assume they’re testing if they got it right and they’re asking each airline to donate one for the purposes?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Right that's why I'd assume aircraft types but someone posted each airline has a day.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:45 am Right that's why I'd assume aircraft types but someone posted each airline has a day.
Its also about laying out everything around the airplane
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

ahhh and each airline has their "preferences" as far as the ground crew goes I'd guess. Makes more sense, thanks!
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

I'm not sure I understand the need for each airline to do a fit test since the gates are designed to accommodate several types of aircraft. Airlines almost always operate a few different models of plans and share the same gates. Alaska Airlines operate Boeing 737's, Airbus A320's, some Bombardier and Embraer models.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:35 am ahhh and each airline has their "preferences" as far as the ground crew goes I'd guess. Makes more sense, thanks!
Important for when you move over all in one night!
bpanama
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by bpanama »

Looks like it's been made public that B & C will be demo'd per graphic https://www.buildkci.com/future-kci/
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I mean that was public the day the project was announced. Doesn't mean that can't change for C
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

bpanama wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:47 pm Looks like it's been made public that B & C will be demo'd per graphic https://www.buildkci.com/future-kci/
The sooner, the better