2023 KCMO Election

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
Chris Stritzel
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: 2023 KCMO Election

Post by Chris Stritzel »

What a bunch of losers. Honestly. They’re pissed at the mayor and next thing you know, they’ll have one of their own running for mayor. These types of antics only make people pissed off at them because they’re ruining someone’s night out.
Fountains
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Fountains »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:38 am
normalthings wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:22 am KCTenants stoped tonight’s show at the StarLight to protest Mayor Lucas.

https://twitter.com/kctenants/status/15 ... 9ME0uxWOVA
This is example of self defeating behavior, they’re only pushing people away from their message with actions like this.
This is what happens when their bullshit behavior the last few years goes unchecked
Fountains
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Fountains »

Is it true that ever since KC Tennants got part of what they wanted enacted with the certain new housing guidelines 0 projects were approved under it?
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Fountains wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:26 pm Is it true that ever since KC Tennants got part of what they wanted enacted with the certain new housing guidelines 0 projects were approved under it?
Yes. Zero approved projects. None.
normalthings
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by normalthings »

im2kull wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:20 pm
Fountains wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:26 pm Is it true that ever since KC Tennants got part of what they wanted enacted with the certain new housing guidelines 0 projects were approved under it?
Yes. Zero approved projects. None.
I have yet to see KCTenants counter to the fact they have halted housing construction
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Lucas has to take a little heat for engaging and giving KC Tenants the spotlight early in his term. How successfully he marginalizes them will be a metric in grading his second term.
Fountains
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Fountains »

Now they are on twitter claiming they didn't support the 10% affordable housing guideline
Fountains
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Fountains »

Looks like union money lining up behind Rizzo. Interesting.
Chris Stritzel
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Seems like a joke candidacy, but Andrew E. McGuire is "running" for mayor. He posts a lot on his Facebook and a Google Search revealed he sued the city over not finding his stolen scooter.
https://www.facebook.com/AEM4MAYOR
https://casetext.com/case/mcguire-v-city-of-kansas-city

I doubt any real candidate will run against Lucas, especially since he seems to have taken a turn recently in terms of policy. It is the start of election season, so this shift was to be expected. The homelessness policy announced today, push to change the development process to pre-approved incentives and laying a clear roadmap if you seek incentives, and then focusing on wanting to plant more trees on high-trafficked streets to combat health issues (like asthma) seem to appeal to most people in town.
UMKC Roo
Pad site
Pad site

Post by UMKC Roo »

I really want Mayor Q to win mostly because I just want keep Brian Platt in there
Chris Stritzel
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

UMKC Roo wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:13 pm I really want Mayor Q to win mostly because I just want keep Brian Platt in there
Brian Platt has been really good and seems to like what he's doing. He needs to be retained. Do City Managers have tenure limits?

Also, here's the Rizzo campaign website. Not much on it in terms of policy: https://rizzoforthecity.com
bspecht
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by bspecht »

No CM tenure limits, contract is voted on by the Council. Last CM, Troy Schulte, was in place for 10 years.