2023 KCMO Election

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Re: 2023 KCMO Election

Post by Chris Stritzel »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:57 pm
normalthings wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:36 pm Crissy Dastrup running for 4th District vs Bunch it looks like. Reddit saying she was his aid before being fired. Anyone know more? I don't love bunch but nothing from her web pages makes her stand out.
Dastrup has been retweeting KC Tenants bullshit all day on twitter, so I think she might even be worse than Bunch. Fuck.
Well at least we know and don't have to be surprised later.

The gist I got from this tweet by Bunch is that he understands that developers need assistance for affordable housing and so on. It also seems like he at least acknowledges the issue in his vote.
https://twitter.com/EricWBunch/status/1 ... 1184352259
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

normalthings wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:36 pm Crissy Dastrup running for 4th District vs Bunch it looks like. Reddit saying she was his aid before being fired. Anyone know more? I don't love bunch but nothing from her web pages makes her stand out.
Dastrup has been retweeting KC Tenants bullshit all day on twitter, so I think she might even be worse than Bunch. Fuck.
Get Klinkenberg. He'd be great.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:03 pm
Well at least we know and don't have to be surprised later.

The gist I got from this tweet by Bunch is that he understands that developers need assistance for affordable housing and so on. It also seems like he at least acknowledges the issue in his vote.
https://twitter.com/EricWBunch/status/1 ... 1184352259
I feel like we're at a critical point right now in KC development history- we know we're about to break out and we're having a civil war over whether we really want this break out to happen or whether we want to remain same old same old for various reasons. Cheap rent being one of them.

Bunch also seems to indicate here they know that affordable housing ordinance isn't working. They may change it here at some point.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Goonies wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:45 pm
Doesn't Bunch "support" KC Tenants? He's always posting fake progressive stuff on his Twitter.
You must not have met Dastrup before
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

normalthings wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:58 am

Doesn't Bunch "support" KC Tenants? He's always posting fake progressive stuff on his Twitter.
You're gonna have to explain further because she's lauding the KC tenants victory all over her page. Atleast Bunch seems to somewhat understand the concerns.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:17 am
normalthings wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:58 am

You're gonna have to explain further because she's lauding the KC tenants victory all over her page. Atleast Bunch seems to somewhat understand the concerns.
Goonies does not like Bunch's politics and is pushing for Dastrup instead. How is that logical. She is into all of that stuff.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

2nd District:

Wes Rogers: dem in District 018 of mo gov, running for 2nd District

4th at Large:

Justin Short: pro transit and pro smart growth.

Crispin Rea: run multiple times, nothing about transit or development from his info, has run multiple times

Jess Blubaugh: running but appears less active then 2 above
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

normalthings wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:23 pm Justin Short: pro transit and pro smart growth.
Define smart growth in this context? Anti-dev smart growth? Or urbanism smart growth?
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

Michael Kelley for 5th District
Justin Short for 4th District

both are smart choices towards multi modal transit and fair development standards.
horizons82
New York Life
New York Life

Post by horizons82 »

Goonies wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:43 pm As long as Bunch goes. There isn't a more incompetent person in government and that's saying something.
Oh c'mon. Bunch has been disappointing, but he's miles better than Loar or Ellington.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:49 pm
normalthings wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:23 pm Justin Short: pro transit and pro smart growth.
Define smart growth in this context? Anti-dev smart growth? Or urbanism smart growth?
"I want to see towers going up across the city and I want to see affordable but the current requirement and uncertain approvals process is killing both for us. The best way for us to fix our city is to add people and add density." type. (not actual quote but close to what he says)
Last edited by normalthings on Sat May 21, 2022 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

horizons82 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:30 pm
Goonies wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:43 pm As long as Bunch goes. There isn't a more incompetent person in government and that's saying something.
Oh c'mon. Bunch has been disappointing, but he's miles better than Loar or Ellington.
A few times he feels just as bad but his opponent in the coming election is far worse
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

Neil is the biggest clown on the Council. Loar and Ellington aren't ideal either. Bunch will work with good with Michael Kelley and Justin Short. Honestly, would be a huge turn around to a better direction.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Goonies wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:44 pm
I never get a response from emails or calla but I see him on Twitter tweeting about bike lane stuff. It's cool he's into that but it seems like all he's into. It will be nice when he gets voted out.
Assume emails are under the assistant's purview. That would be his opponent! lol
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

I never get a response from emails or calla but I see him on Twitter tweeting about bike lane stuff. It's cool he's into that but it seems like all he's into. It will be nice when he gets voted out.
Haven’t emailed or called him, but I’ve interacted with him a few times on Twitter. Mostly positive, and he’s pretty responsive on that
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

Bunch is alright. Would work well with Kelley and Short, making City Council more development friendly.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Maybe I'll take a swing at this in a few years. Need to get acquainted to issues other than development in KC. Justin Short has my support as does Eric Bunch (despite his misgivings). You can at least have an open-minded conversation with the guy without wanting to bang your head on a wall. He's not anti-development, just he wants some reforms (some good, some bad).
gfenn11
New York Life
New York Life

Post by gfenn11 »

Same here. I've even sent very detailed and CHEAP ways to fix some of the issues with the Gillham cycle track to hear crickets in return. But as usual its all about the optics. Shoot, I asked about why in the hell we cannot get automatic peds crossing back downtown when every city our size and smaller has it. Fast forward and he's parading about how we now have peds led signals- ONLY on Grand in the loop. :roll:
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

I get where you're coming from but it's worth remembering that he's basically the reason there is a cycletrack or bike lane anywhere in KCMO.
gfenn11
New York Life
New York Life

Post by gfenn11 »

chaglang wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:45 am I get where you're coming from but it's worth remembering that he's basically the reason there is a cycletrack or bike lane anywhere in KCMO.
While true (and I'm very grateful for it) Grand also falls under him and look how we can't even get a fresh coat of paint on that.