Three Light

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Re: Three Light

Post by DColeKC »

FangKC wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:18 pm The Chinese still do it.
Bringing in immigrants and working them to death is their trick isn’t it? What a fucked up country.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

92 pages for a building that is on the ground floor. Wild
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

FangKC wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:18 pm The Chinese still do it.
They also operate literal concentration camps today, your point?
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

...and sometimes the buildings just fall over with literally zero accountability to the screwed up system itself. They just punish some mid-level secretary and pretend the problem is solved, because the problem HAS been solved unless you're saying you are in disagreement with the infallible State and in need of reeducation?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

New construction photo and bio on Twitter.

Three Light Luxury Apartments celebrates Kansas City’s rich musical legacy.

DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Another big elevator pour is scheduled for this Friday.
Philacav
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Philacav »

FangKC wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:19 pm Fred Herzog's photo of a Vancouver street with blade signs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Herzog
I wonder if anyone in those days realized how cool all of that was and that it would be gone someday. I always wish I could jump into photos like that and walk around. Of course KC has its share of such glorious photos.
Philacav
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Philacav »

I had to post it; it was all the blade sign talk earlier. Never tire of these kinds of photos. Main looking north from 12th; probably
1958 based on the fresh asphalt covering the trolley tracks.

If there’s random old photo thread I should have used, my apologies in advance.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Philacav wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:19 pm Image

I had to post it; it was all the blade sign talk earlier. Never tire of these kinds of photos. Main looking north from 12th; probably

By looking at the theatre sign. “The Unearthly” was released June, 1957.

Philacav
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Philacav »

DColeKC wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:49 pm
Philacav wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:19 pm Image

By looking at the theatre sign. “The Unearthly” was released June, 1957.

Good eye. Then the street pavement is really really fresh and th trolley tracks underneath are still warm.

I feel like The Unearthly was on mst3k…
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

First floor forms are up
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

normalthings wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:14 pm Cordish needs CMH style lights on their upcoming builds.

18 units shown as leased on the portal. 270 open
21 units shown as leased. 267 open.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

normalthings wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:29 pm
normalthings wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:14 pm Cordish needs CMH style lights on their upcoming builds.

18 units shown as leased on the portal. 270 open
21 units shown as leased. 267 open.
Good start, considering they just started construction. You think it’ll be full before opening?
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

I know a handful of people that moved from one light to two light, but I'm guessing they'll be less of that with this one.

Cordish seems to build only when they're happy with the leasing at their previous buildings so cross your fingers. They effectively control Truman road now.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

normalthings wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:40 pm New construction photo and bio on Twitter.

Three Light Luxury Apartments celebrates Kansas City’s rich musical legacy.

what is the plan for the murals? Are they going to do like they did with 2 Light? Just curious

If/when the 670 Decking comes in perhaps they can be reproduced in art pieces in that new area or moved to a plaza area of BAP, Someplace they can be enjoyed and will provide artistic value to the city.

Also with the decking creating more of a tunnel for 670 maybe some art of some kind to go along the walls of the enclosed portion?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

WoodDraw wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:15 am I know a handful of people that moved from one light to two light, but I'm guessing they'll be less of that with this one.

Cordish seems to build only when they're happy with the leasing at their previous buildings so cross your fingers. They effectively control Truman road now.
It’s just business. If leasing stays hot they’ll keep building. 3L should be much further along but between a pandemic and a anti-development portion of the city council, it took forever to get rolling.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

dukuboy1 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:24 pm Also with the decking creating more of a tunnel for 670 maybe some art of some kind to go along the walls of the enclosed portion?
Can't imagine you'll be able to see much down there + might be hard to maintain as well.

Very much a fan of public art though and hope work is done to recreate/replace the murals lost
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

freedog wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:15 pm
dukuboy1 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:24 pm Also with the decking creating more of a tunnel for 670 maybe some art of some kind to go along the walls of the enclosed portion?
Can't imagine you'll be able to see much down there + might be hard to maintain as well.

Very much a fan of public art though and hope work is done to recreate/replace the murals lost
Not that it's comparable to fully replacing the murals, but it is cool they don't just paint over these and they're exposed on some interior walls. 2L did a great job replacing them and the exterior of 3L will have some great artistic qualities that tie back into the KC music history.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

DColeKC wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:28 pm
WoodDraw wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:15 am I know a handful of people that moved from one light to two light, but I'm guessing they'll be less of that with this one.

It’s just business. If leasing stays hot they’ll keep building. 3L should be much further along but between a pandemic and a anti-development portion of the city council, it took forever to get rolling.
Yeah, I don't blame cordish here at all. People always say that cordish is going to do x and y, but if you look at what they do, they lease out their new building and than after build the next.

Everyone always says cordish will start quickly, but they never do this.