2023 KCMO Election

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
beautyfromashes
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: 2023 KCMO Election

Post by beautyfromashes »

normalthings wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:27 am 3 of 4 are termed out
There is no termed out in KCMO. You just have a one election pause. Politicians are always planning to stay politicians. I'm sure Shields is already planning to run again the next time after taking a term off. Glover probably still thinks he could be a councilman again. Alissia Canady will probably run again.
AlkaliAxel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by AlkaliAxel »

normalthings wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:36 pm Crissy Dastrup running for 4th District vs Bunch it looks like. Reddit saying she was his aid before being fired. Anyone know more? I don't love bunch but nothing from her web pages makes her stand out.
Dastrup has been retweeting KC Tenants bullshit all day on twitter, so I think she might even be worse than Bunch. Fuck.
Chris Stritzel
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:57 pm
normalthings wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:36 pm Crissy Dastrup running for 4th District vs Bunch it looks like. Reddit saying she was his aid before being fired. Anyone know more? I don't love bunch but nothing from her web pages makes her stand out.
Dastrup has been retweeting KC Tenants bullshit all day on twitter, so I think she might even be worse than Bunch. Fuck.
Well at least we know and don't have to be surprised later.

The gist I got from this tweet by Bunch is that he understands that developers need assistance for affordable housing and so on. It also seems like he at least acknowledges the issue in his vote.
https://twitter.com/EricWBunch/status/1 ... 1184352259
Goonies
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Goonies »

Doesn't Bunch "support" KC Tenants? He's always posting fake progressive stuff on his Twitter.
beautyfromashes
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by beautyfromashes »

Get Klinkenberg. He'd be great.
AlkaliAxel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by AlkaliAxel »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:03 pm

The gist I got from this tweet by Bunch is that he understands that developers need assistance for affordable housing and so on. It also seems like he at least acknowledges the issue in his vote.
I feel like we're at a critical point right now in KC development history- we know we're about to break out and we're having a civil war over whether we really want this break out to happen or whether we want to remain same old same old for various reasons. Cheap rent being one of them.

Bunch also seems to indicate here they know that affordable housing ordinance isn't working. They may change it here at some point.
Goonies
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Goonies »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:03 am
Chris Stritzel wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:03 pm

I feel like we're at a critical point right now in KC development history- we know we're about to break out and we're having a civil war over whether we really want this break out to happen or whether we want to remain same old same old for various reasons. Cheap rent being one of them.

Bunch also seems to indicate here they know that affordable housing ordinance isn't working. They may change it here at some point.
I would argue that breakout has already happened and while yes developments should continue forward with population growth and record revenues it's also important to focus attention on surrounding areas for specific improvements. Our schools getting accreditation is a big deal. So is the governors plans for expanding education spending. Let's get families and teachers into those areas. Affordable living compared to almost anywhere in the nation with improving education will make us very competitive even against those in surrounding areas.
normalthings
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by normalthings »

Goonies wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:45 pm
Doesn't Bunch "support" KC Tenants? He's always posting fake progressive stuff on his Twitter.
You must not have met Dastrup before
AlkaliAxel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by AlkaliAxel »

normalthings wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:58 am

You're gonna have to explain further because she's lauding the KC tenants victory all over her page. Atleast Bunch seems to somewhat understand the concerns.
normalthings
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by normalthings »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:17 am

You're gonna have to explain further because she's lauding the KC tenants victory all over her page. Atleast Bunch seems to somewhat understand the concerns.
Goonies does not like Bunch's politics and is pushing for Dastrup instead. How is that logical. She is into all of that stuff.
Goonies
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Goonies »

normalthings wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:27 am
AlkaliAxel wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:17 am

Goonies does not like Bunch's politics and is pushing for Dastrup instead. How is that logical. She is into all of that stuff.
It's not really his politics as much as he just seems like a clueless asshole. I would be all for electing leaders who want to go for KC Tenants jugular. They need to go.