Re: Downtown Baseball Stadium

Post by DaveKCMO »

Shitty sports bars?
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

KCPowercat wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:00 am What does that even mean?
I think the idea is more like high rise hotels, apartments, a city park, stuff like that. If the East Village site, on both sides of the highway to try to extend the development into the community
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Maybe I was trying to read more into that than there was. I mean obviously they aren't just going to build a stadium and that's it.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Cordish #2?
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

Aright, I'm just gonna post the full quote to clear up the confusion on what the surroundings are supposed to be.

From City SceneKC: "The buzz is the plan would entail much more than a stand-alone ballpark.

It would be a mixed-use development that would include hundreds of new apartments, many of them affordable; bars and restaurants that would generate revenues to help pay for the ballpark, and potential office and other uses."

Hope that clears it up some more.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

Goonies wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:48 pm I just don't see how you could put "affordable" apartments there. I would think plenty of people with money looking for apartments would want to live there.
I'm thinking by the time all this comes to fruition they will have repealed/amended that affordable housing law
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KCATA drops keystone because they want a singular development for all of their land there. Cough cough baseball stadium.

https://cityscenekc.com/plan-for-east-1 ... collapses/
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

when I read that the real estate deal fell apart for this location I immediately thought that KCATA has been working behind the scenes with Royals ownership about a new stadium and the entire entertainment/residential/commercial/retail district they want to create.

From what we have read & what has been reported there seems to be a lot of smoke for the stadium in that area. I'm fine with that and as the article stated on the Keystone Innovation district it appears that the concept is still on and looking for a new location, with perhaps something to be announced soon. Perhaps they look to setup shop in the CrossRoads area or maybe go Downtown? Either way I'm happy to read the idea and concept still has juice behind it to get done and put in place. "fingers crossed" it happens and baseball comes to downtown some day
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

normalthings wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:49 am KCATA drops keystone because they want a singular development for all of their land there. Cough cough baseball stadium.

https://cityscenekc.com/plan-for-east-1 ... collapses/
I'm thinking the same thing Normalthings.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Has anybody heard the rumor that a EW streetcar line will be included with an 18/vine stadium? I heard it from someone I think would have some knowledge of this whole stadium dealio
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:09 pm Has anybody heard the rumor that a EW streetcar line will be included with an 18/vine stadium? I heard it from someone I think would have some knowledge of this whole stadium dealio
I mean, the 18th St SC line was a part of the next rail study, so there has at least been progress on that route in regards to a viability study. It would only make sense to have SC go hand in hand with a stadium site
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Stretch is going to be livid.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

I have no inside info, but the E/W transit survey I believe was only to study further southern routes, Linwood & 31st alignment, not 18th and Vine.
horizons82
New York Life
New York Life

Post by horizons82 »

If a regional transit tax is passed, doesn’t seem crazy that an “upgrade” from bus to streetcar is used as a sweetener alongside workforce training, affordable housing, and other items to get a stadium tax passed.

The big question is does it terminate at Paseo, Prospect, or Cleveland?
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

horizons82 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:11 pm If a regional transit tax is passed, doesn’t seem crazy that an “upgrade” from bus to streetcar is used as a sweetener alongside workforce training, affordable housing, and other items to get a stadium tax passed.

The big question is does it terminate at Paseo, Prospect, or Cleveland?
IMO if proposed a streetcar would be more likely to be along Linwood and E 31stto Arrowhead. That route scored higher on NextRail studies plus chance to connect to Rock Island row. Once you get to 18&V it’s pretty cut off from any other area for density. It’s only a mile from the extension. Simple upgrades to the road like protected bike lanes and wide sidewalks would be a cheaper option for how short the distance would be.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:09 pm Has anybody heard the rumor that a EW streetcar line will be included with an 18/vine stadium? I heard it from someone I think would have some knowledge of this whole stadium dealio
It will for sure be designed to allow, but the time lines and funding make it difficult to coordinate these things. There are some traffic concerns as well.

I said before a long time ago, and there has been more reporting recently, some people involved really want to make this a legacy project. It's why 18th/vine has pushed aside east village. Housing, retail, transit, etc. No idea if it will happen, but there is the feeling that they can do something big.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

News to me.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

DaveKCMO wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:49 am
News to me.
If anyone would know..
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

yeah squash that rumor.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

I should note that when it was last studied in NextRail, East 18th did not score well even when combined with SW Blvd.