Freight House Building

Have a development question you want answered? Ask it here and you'll get your answer
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Freight House Building

Post by earthling »

Ragazza>Lidia's (KC Lidia's anyway)
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Love Ragazza food, it is loud there.

We had lasagna to-go multiple times over covid.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

I enjoy Lidia's and never had a bad meal there over the years. Service was always fine as well. I enjoy Lidia's as they create some great and unique specials, plus their menu of of Northern Italian dishes is very well done. Most people think of Sicilian dishes when it comes to Italian food, whic are amazing and we are lucky enough to have places like Cascone's, Garozzo's, Ragazza, etc. that do an awesome job. But if you were looking for the more provencial, and even "rustic" style Italian cuisine then Lidia's is the place.

Italian food is more than just meatballs, marinara, and cream sauces :) .
UMKCroo
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by UMKCroo »

DaveKCMO wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:08 am While an interesting thought experiment, the Freight House is now a condominium. Lidia's owns their part of the building and a share of the parking lot. Lidia's is the only entity that could decide to leave/close and sell/lease to another restaurant.

But since you asked, I'd like to see Ragazza in that space. It nicely matches the other two -- upscale-but-not-chef-driven.
Lidia's is in fact the only occupant of the Freighthouse that is NOT an owner. They are a tenant of the original developer and recently renewed a long-term lease.

On another neighborhood note, came across this blog with some interesting photos of OK Creek pre "channeling."

https://aogeotech.com/development-in-kc ... und-rules/
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

UMKCroo wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:57 am
DaveKCMO wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:08 am While an interesting thought experiment, the Freight House is now a condominium. Lidia's owns their part of the building and a share of the parking lot. Lidia's is the only entity that could decide to leave/close and sell/lease to another restaurant.

But since you asked, I'd like to see Ragazza in that space. It nicely matches the other two -- upscale-but-not-chef-driven.
Lidia's is in fact the only occupant of the Freighthouse that is NOT an owner. They are a tenant of the original developer and recently renewed a long-term lease.

On another neighborhood note, came across this blog with some interesting photos of OK Creek pre "channeling."

Interesting. I was told by someone not tied to Lidia's that was the case. Perhaps they left out Lidia's position since it didn't affect what Grunauer was doing. I also didn't think Dan Clothier was still involved at all.
UMKCroo
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by UMKCroo »

Dan still owns the Lidia's unit, and they rent from him. He is also the Freighthouse property manager.
atticus23
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by atticus23 »

UMKCroo wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:57 am

Thanks for this read! It makes sense, but I still would’ve never guessed the old infill practices like just shoving old cars into the ground. I always learn so much from this site.