New Leavenworth Highway

Transportation topics in KC
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

New Leavenworth Highway

Post by normalthings »

As of November 4, 2020, a consultant for the study has been selected.

Leavenworth County, Kansas, is interested in evaluating a potential connection from K-7 Highway east to I-435 in Missouri, crossing the Missouri River and located generally south of the Centennial Bridge (K-92) river crossing with potential connections to the City of Lansing, Kansas and potentially Missouri Route 152 interchange with I-435. This is anticipated to be a high-level feasibility study to reach consensus on the next stages of this project.

Estimated Value
$300,000,000+
Looks like ARUP is the consultant

My interpretation of the route

https://www.bidclerk.com/project/4952072.html
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: New Leavenworth Highway

Post by flyingember »

That actually makes sense as a replacement route

There's a lot of northland residents who go to Fort Leavenworth for work. I know Liberty residents who did this for years.
The current routes are all horrible, they're all in the bottoms and flood easily.

If I were Platte County and KCMO I would get on board with this for one thing, set aside ROW parallel to this new road for future transit purposes through the bluffs. Don't need to build it, but get it legally protected for future opportunity.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

flyingember wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:04 am That actually makes sense as a replacement route

There's a lot of northland residents who go to Fort Leavenworth for work. I know Liberty residents who did this for years.
The current routes are all horrible, they're all in the bottoms and flood easily.

If I were Platte County and KCMO I would get on board with this for one thing, set aside ROW parallel to this new road for future transit purposes through the bluffs. Don't need to build it, but get it legally protected for future opportunity.
I don't think this is in KCMO at all. Parkville annexed all that land around the 152 interchange.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

normalthings wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:25 am
flyingember wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:04 am That actually makes sense as a replacement route

I don't think this is in KCMO at all. Parkville annexed all that land around the 152 interchange.
I do not think this is accurate. Parkville annexed up to the 45 hwy &435 interchange, not up to 152.

*Nevermind, I checked they did annex it all.

I agree with not building more highways, but I do agree that Leavenworth has a lot of travel with commuters to the fort and the prison there. The area is not easily accessible from the rest of KCMO from the 435 loop, the current road is very low speed, the bridges are narrow and old.
Last edited by alejandro46 on Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

alejandro46 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:41 am

I do not think this is accurate. Parkville annexed up to the 45 hwy &435 interchange, not up to 152.

I agree with not building more highways, but I do agree that Leavenworth has a lot of travel with commuters to the fort and the prison there. The area is not easily accessible from the rest of KCMO from the 435 loop, the current road is very low speed, the bridges are narrow and old.
I doubled checked and the entire 152 & 435 interchange is in Parkville. All of 435 from the river to north of 152 is within Parkville.

https://parkvillemo.gov/download/Parkvi ... ap2019.pdf
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

Doesn't mean KCMO couldn't get involved with discussions. Changes to 152 will change traffic patterns inside the city limits
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

I am 100% fine with commuters in the exo-burbs having to struggle with a longer commute.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

normalthings wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:43 am
alejandro46 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:41 am

I doubled checked and the entire 152 & 435 interchange is in Parkville. All of 435 from the river to north of 152 is within Parkville.

https://parkvillemo.gov/download/Parkvi ... ap2019.pdf

Thanks, you're correct.