The Crestwood Condos (Treadway Hall)

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: The Crestwood Condos (Treadway Hall)

Post by chrizow »

i think it's pretty decent from the street.  after all, it's essentially in a suburban neighborhood.  it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb in any way.  the stucco addition is pretty ugly IMO, but it's not glaring, and it's certainly not as offensive as 1,000 other buildings in KC.  i think overall it's a good project - and a nice option for the neighborhood.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

BVC wrote: Oh, come on Mr. Sensitive, I don't think people were being too harsh on the project and just because people's tastes vary a bit and hoped for a little more is not a big deal...
No biggy, just seems like people are over critical at times.  This city is finally seeing signs of life, yet we still have a way to go.  Didn't mean to overreact.

I don't like projects like Midtown Marketplace or Blue Ridge mall, I think those are the kinds of projects people should be discusted with, not a nice little condo project that saved a historic building.  There is or was so much decay in this town and we used to try to fix it with something that was even worse (big box, parking lots etc).

I guess I like this project and can hope more people follow suit.  stucco or not.

Anyway...
BVC
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by BVC »

GRID wrote: I don't like projects like Midtown Marketplace or Blue Ridge mall, I think those are the kinds of projects people should be discusted with, not a nice little condo project that saved a historic building.  There is or was so much decay in this town and we used to try to fix it with something that was even worse (big box, parking lots etc).
Agreed.  I drove past the former Blue Ridge Mall and saw the upcoming Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago and damn near hurled.  How great would a Zona Rosa type project or Mission's new project have looked there, being right off the freeway?  The Crestwood Condos are fine and glad they saved the building.  BTW, how kick ass would that location be if the trolley line still ran by?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

Did something happen with these?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Riverite wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:33 pm Did something happen with these?
This came up as the UMKC thread under gr search bar. I posted a video of the campus in 1950 and then realized the thread changed name