COVID19

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
WoodDraw
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: COVID19

Post by WoodDraw »

😂

flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

mgsports wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:18 pm
Steinmart closing all its locations including the 2 in Johnson County meaning 2 spaces to fill maybe Sierra Trading Post.
There were still Steinmarts open?

flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

I just saw a drug ad that had a CYA statement that said to tell your doctor if you’re planning to take a vaccine.

I would hate to be that marketing department

DColeKC
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by DColeKC »

New city restrictions are tough. I don't disagree they are needed, but will put a big dent in the bar/restaurant biz. I'm still a firm believer in the fact young people are going to gather regardless, why not provide them with a safe, large and properly sanitized space instead of a buddies house?

brewcrew1000
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I honestly think this go around restaurants and bars will ignore the new restrictions. It was easy to shutdown last time because workers and owners were guaranteed some kind of weekly income or loan, this time around they are getting nothing and it could really kill the business once and for all

DColeKC
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by DColeKC »

brewcrew1000 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:42 am
I honestly think this go around restaurants and bars will ignore the new restrictions. It was easy to shutdown last time because workers and owners were guaranteed some kind of weekly income or loan, this time around they are getting nothing and it could really kill the business once and for all
From what I’m hearing, it’s a mixed bag. County Road and Ale House both decided to shut down until January. Same ownership group and I think they’re just trying to save money.

Most of the bars in PNL are trying to figure out how to safely stay open and keep everyone working.