KCRag Meetup?

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

KCRag Meetup?

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Hello all! I know as of right now large gatherings are still more or less restricted, but I figured we could at least try to plan some type of meetup/meal of some type for the future. I have received orders to a new duty station so this will be the first time I’ll be back in KC in about 4 1/2 years (joined the Army in 2016 and have been stationed in Italy since). With moving duty stations, I should have about a month and a half free starting April 1st 2021- mid may 2021, so I was hoping to get everyone at least tentatively planned out so we could do a meet up! I would love to finally meet some of you in person, considering most everyone who I talk about city development with usually has a desire to leap into traffic rather than listen to a topic as boring as that :lol: anyways, would love to hear everyone’s thoughts on this idea, if it would even be possible by then!
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: KCRag Meetup?

Post by Eon Blue »

Hopefully things aren't as messed up by then! I'm game; I'd love to hear about your experiences in Italy.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:52 am Hello all! I know as of right now large gatherings are still more or less restricted, but I figured we could at least try to plan some type of meetup/meal of some type for the future. I have received orders to a new duty station so this will be the first time I’ll be back in KC in about 4 1/2 years (joined the Army in 2016 and have been stationed in Italy since). With moving duty stations, I should have about a month and a half free starting April 1st 2021- mid may 2021, so I was hoping to get everyone at least tentatively planned out so we could do a meet up! I would love to finally meet some of you in person, considering most everyone who I talk about city development with usually has a desire to leap into traffic rather than listen to a topic as boring as that :lol: anyways, would love to hear everyone’s thoughts on this idea, if it would even be possible by then!
I think this would be a cool idea - a meetup. I wouldn't be able to come since I live in STL, but I did host a private meetup here last fall for UrbanSTL users and readers of my website. About 25 people showed up. 2 developers unveiled projects before they officially went public. It was hosted at a live music bar owned by a generous reader, and his brother, who donated the space for a few hours. People had beers, soda, water and talked with each other. It was pretty successful. I want to do it again but of course... coronavirus. If you need any pointers or what not to make it a successful meetup, just let me know!

I imagine that's what you're going with in KC.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Eon Blue wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:18 pm Hopefully things aren't as messed up by then! I'm game; I'd love to hear about your experiences in Italy.
There are definitely some wild stories, that’s for sure! Europe is a different beast :lol:
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:59 pm I think this would be a cool idea - a meetup. I wouldn't be able to come since I live in STL, but I did host a private meetup here last fall for UrbanSTL users and readers of my website. About 25 people showed up. 2 developers unveiled projects before they officially went public. It was hosted at a live music bar owned by a generous reader, and his brother, who donated the space for a few hours. People had beers, soda, water and talked with each other. It was pretty successful. I want to do it again but of course... coronavirus. If you need any pointers or what not to make it a successful meetup, just let me know!

I imagine that's what you're going with in KC.
I’ll definitely have to hit you up again about some pointers! I wonder if anyone on here would have space we would be able to rent from them, that would make this whole setup significantly easier for sure.
KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCKev »

You guys need to set up a Zoom session for those of us that can't attend
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

KCKev wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:09 am You guys need to set up a Zoom session for those of us that can't attend
That is a great idea, that way out of towners can still be a part of it!
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:08 am
KCKev wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:09 am You guys need to set up a Zoom session for those of us that can't attend
Google Meet is free for up to 60 minutes. Zoom is free for 40 minutes.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

DaveKCMO wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:37 pm
Thanks for the heads up Dave! Would you be willing to attend as well? I know you’re a busy man!
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:39 am
DaveKCMO wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:37 pm

Thanks for the heads up Dave! Would you be willing to attend as well? I know you’re a busy man!
Yes!
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Hi all! I’ll be in town for a funeral these next two weeks, which is definitely not the circumstances to be coming home to, but if anyone would like to get together and grab a meal or something of the sort, I could definitely use a bit of a pick me up! I look greatly forward to seeing the progress made on this great city, hopefully it’ll help to brighten the mood a bit.
bspecht
New York Life
New York Life

Post by bspecht »

Let's do this! I just got back to KC for a few days, man we've got some work to do. Tue or Wed upcoming week? Somewhere in RM, Loop or Xroads?

EDIT: Or Canary rooftop in Midtown (39th & Main)? Seems like a roomy, outdoor, solid spot to (literally) point at the core & discuss.
Last edited by bspecht on Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

I’ll go, but only if the legendary Fang comes!
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

I’m absolutely in. We’ll have to set a date sometime, where we thinking?
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Thinking we should iron a plan out for March-April time frame. What all dates work for everybody? I was thinking we could do Boulevard for a location, they have the tables for it, and there’s light food options. If anyone else has any ideas I’m open to them!
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:01 pm Thinking we should iron a plan out for March-April time frame. What all dates work for everybody? I was thinking we could do Boulevard for a location, they have the tables for it, and there’s light food options. If anyone else has any ideas I’m open to them!
I'm in.
CrossroadsUrbanApts
Ambassador

Post by CrossroadsUrbanApts »

Did this ever get planned? I'd be interested.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

CrossroadsUrbanApts wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:55 pm Did this ever get planned? I'd be interested.
Not for the whole group, didn’t seem anyone was interested. I’m planning on going to the Open house for the streetcar on the 30th so I figured that could be a good makeshift one
FlippantCitizen
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by FlippantCitizen »

I'd be open to one. Still on the newer side of living here and I always like meeting new folks.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

I’d definitely be down to get one going as well. Seems like a really good group and we’d have some good discussion