Phase 2 streetcar to UMKC

Transportation topics in KC
shinatoo
Ambassador

Re: Phase 2 streetcar to UMKC

Post by shinatoo »

The whole thing or just the plaza to UMKC? If this is the whole thing what are the implications for the trail? Transfer to the Parks Dept?
Quocunque Jeceris Stabit

normalthings
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by normalthings »

HOA billboard coming down for the expanded Streetcar yard.

normalthings
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by normalthings »

An ordinance to condemn property on 38th street for the extension

http://cityclerk.kcmo.org/liveweb/Docum ... SDD0XRKrAo

KCtoBrooklyn
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

Anyone know the reason for condemning that property? Is it going to be used for construction staging? If that's the case, hopefully they will get it to a developer quickly after construction is complete.

It looks like this has already been completed and the city is listed as the current owner (the ordinance was filed in February).

KCtoBrooklyn
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

Also, looking around that area on Parcel Viewer, I saw that Young Audiences now owns the Title Loans building and lot across the street from them. It looks like this was just done. They are listed as the owners on KCMO's parcel viewer, but not on Jackson County's (which tends to lag behind), nor is the sales record on Jackson County's site.

I hope they don't just plan on using the lot for additional parking.

Edit - Never mind! It actually looks like the LLC owner shown on the Jackson County site is an arm of Young Audiences and they have owned that lot since 2016. I haven't noticed it being used for parking. I hope they do something else with it.

kboish
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by kboish »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:38 pm
Anyone know the reason for condemning that property? Is it going to be used for construction staging? If that's the case, hopefully they will get it to a developer quickly after construction is complete.

It looks like this has already been completed and the city is listed as the current owner (the ordinance was filed in February).
I wonder if it will be used for a power station? The downtown ones were able to be placed away from any practical uses. I've been curious where they will place them throughout midtown.

DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

kboish wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:52 pm
KCtoBrooklyn wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:38 pm

I wonder if it will be used for a power station? The downtown ones were able to be placed away from any practical uses. I've been curious where they will place them throughout midtown.
Correct.

kcmiz
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by kcmiz »

Could be nice to do something along the lines of a fake facade so it better blends into the neighborhood:

https://untappedcities.com/2013/04/05/f ... entilator/

If that’s not in the budget, a wall with murals would be an improvement over a plain power sub station.

TrolliKC
Supporter

Post by TrolliKC »

kcmiz wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:42 am
Could be nice to do something along the lines of a fake facade so it better blends into the neighborhood:

https://untappedcities.com/2013/04/05/f ... entilator/

If that’s not in the budget, a wall with murals would be an improvement over a plain power sub station.
thanks kcmiz - that's a cool article