taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Re: Operation Legend

Post by taxi »

Riverite wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:22 am
snigglefritz wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:10 am I miss Darlene
Me too and all the personal anecdotes that probably never happened
It's hard for a lady to run from the secret police, in heels.
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

I'm still curious who from Mayor Q's campaign staff was johnmatrix.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

swid wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:08 pm I'm still curious who from Mayor Q's campaign staff was johnmatrix.
Maybe the same one he is going to blame for “signing his name” in that letter from the Mayor to the DOJ.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

mean wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:48 pm Other than chef, pparoyal, and the person who started out as michael and thought he would be clever and reregister from a different IP, I can't think of any. Did anniewarbucks get banned? I guess she might have, I actually don't remember. I'd have to check, and I don't care enough.
pparoyal = maitre'd I think Michael = Chef (et al). To be honest, I found them both rather entertaining. They bickered constantly but it more or less stayed relatively civil compared to what I have seen on some other forums.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I know chef personally, as does GRID I think, he wasn't michael (although he does have other, rarely used sock puppets).
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Chef and Michael are like polar opposites, I don't know how you can possibly confuse the two as the same. Michael has a unique posting style, even when not being political (or homophobic etc). I can identify Michael with a single post on any forum and he posts on multiple forums. I don't even recall why Chef was banned (even though he's still here as you know). He can get confrontational, especially with a far right nutcase like Michael, but he's a good guy and he's about as much of a supporter of KC as you can get even though he doesn't live there anymore. Like me, he gets tired of how slow things change in KC and how stubborn the residents can be, but he still loves the city.

There have been some other people that have just walked away and never come back like trailerkid and tosspot, but it's really amazing how long this forum has gone and how active it still is.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

GRID wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:14 am
There have been some other people that have just walked away and never come back like trailerkid and tosspot, but it's really amazing how long this forum has gone and how active it still is.
I still remember the day we came up with the idea. skyscraperpage.com spinoff.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

pparoyal/maitr'd has had his schtick all over the old Royalboard, here and at Phog.net.

I could be misremembering, but I though Chef got banned for some over the top KU bashing that bordered on the psychotic. If I recall, he didn't have much patience for anything Jayhawk-related.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

KCPowercat wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:44 am
GRID wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:14 am
I still remember the day we came up with the idea. skyscraperpage.com spinoff.
Feels like yesterday!
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

GRID wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:14 am Chef and Michael are like polar opposites, I don't know how you can possibly confuse the two as the same. Michael has a unique posting style, even when not being political (or homophobic etc). I can identify Michael with a single post on any forum and he posts on multiple forums. I don't even recall why Chef was banned (even though he's still here as you know). He can get confrontational, especially with a far right nutcase like Michael, but he's a good guy and he's about as much of a supporter of KC as you can get even though he doesn't live there anymore. Like me, he gets tired of how slow things change in KC and how stubborn the residents can be, but he still loves the city.

I guess it was the MU KU thing that made them seem similar to me. Both very anti KU.

KCMax, Tat2 and Lenexa-to-KC other prolific posters that walked away (or moved away).
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Highlander wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:31 pm
GRID wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:14 am Chef and Michael are like polar opposites, I don't know how you can possibly confuse the two as the same. Michael has a unique posting style, even when not being political (or homophobic etc). I can identify Michael with a single post on any forum and he posts on multiple forums. I don't even recall why Chef was banned (even though he's still here as you know). He can get confrontational, especially with a far right nutcase like Michael, but he's a good guy and he's about as much of a supporter of KC as you can get even though he doesn't live there anymore. Like me, he gets tired of how slow things change in KC and how stubborn the residents can be, but he still loves the city.

I guess it was the MU KU thing that made them seem similar to me. Both very anti KU.

KCMax, Tat2 and Lenexa-to-KC other prolific posters that walked away (or moved away).
Or just Kansas in general. I still fucking hate Johnson County and it's one of the main reasons I don't miss Kansas City all that much. Not only does JoCo think KC revolves around them, it kinda does, which sucks. The suburbs around DC are far more impressive than JoCo and I don't get that same feeling out here at all from people.