T-Mobile Center (formerly Sprint Center)

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Re: T-Mobile Center (formerly Sprint Center)

Post by DColeKC »

earthling wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:16 am Though with no sports anchor outsiders may not go for it. And if we head toward a recession/depression, chances even lower. Telcom likely to be less impacted by economic downturn so Tmobile might end up keeping the contract and add it to their Sprint rebranding efforts over time. As Fang mentioned, they might keep it named Sprint Center for as long as Sprint branding exists.
The upper management at SC have been told it will be changing but that was before all this Covid-19 stuff. Who knows with all this changing up the game. From what I’ve read, the sprint name won’t stay around at all, so I don’t see them handing over that yearly check for no reason. Of course you also have to factor in the hard cost of doing the flip.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

DColeKC wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:20 am
earthling wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:16 am Though with no sports anchor outsiders may not go for it. And if we head toward a recession/depression, chances even lower. Telcom likely to be less impacted by economic downturn so Tmobile might end up keeping the contract and add it to their Sprint rebranding efforts over time. As Fang mentioned, they might keep it named Sprint Center for as long as Sprint branding exists.
The upper management at SC have been told it will be changing but that was before all this Covid-19 stuff. Who knows with all this changing up the game. From what I’ve read, the sprint name won’t stay around at all, so I don’t see them handing over that yearly check for no reason. Of course you also have to factor in the hard cost of doing the flip.
Sprint brand could be retired as early as this year. Name change coming sooner rather than later it seems
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

When are the naming rights up?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

langosta wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:20 pm
DColeKC wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:20 am
Sprint brand could be retired as early as this year. Name change coming sooner rather than later it seems
Sprint Accelerator has been rebranded to T-Mobile. Launched new partnership with DFA.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

WoodDraw wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:14 am When are the naming rights up?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Re: Sprint Center opening day pictures

Post by DColeKC »

T-Mobile Center it is. That was quick.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

DColeKC wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:27 am T-Mobile Center it is. That was quick.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

There's always a complaint that buildings look like all the others.

Pink would stand out for sure.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

flyingember wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:40 pm There's always a complaint that buildings look like all the others.

It's magenta! :lol:

Will be a nice change and I hope T-Mobile invests a bit of cash to get the LED billboards updated and other digital signage upgraded. They'd likely do so if they could install permanent signage above the billboards. They're far beyond their life cycle and constantly broke.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

I almost can't read comments on news articles these days. This morning when the article broke about the official name change, the first comment was, "Who cares, waste of tax payer money anyway."
horizons82
New York Life
New York Life

Post by horizons82 »

My personal favorite was someone asking “when the hell are you going to build parking near by for concerts?”

Getting around must be very hard for them.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

DColeKC wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:53 pm
flyingember wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:40 pm There's always a complaint that buildings look like all the others.

Will be a nice change and I hope T-Mobile invests a bit of cash to get the LED billboards updated and other digital signage upgraded. They'd likely do so if they could install permanent signage above the billboards. They're far beyond their life cycle and constantly broke.
You talking around the rings of seating? Wasn't the scoreboard just upgraded?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:35 pm
DColeKC wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:53 pm

You talking around the rings of seating? Wasn't the scoreboard just upgraded?
No, was talking about the exterior billboards at the corner of Truman and Grand. Also, the exterior will call LED is about done. It strobes anytime it rains.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Oh yeah those need redone pretty bad.
gfenn11
New York Life
New York Life

Post by gfenn11 »

Fingers crossed the flying people are gone soon as well!
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

gfenn11 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:08 am Fingers crossed the flying people are gone soon as well!
You don't enjoy the 1% for art????

And the fountains with no seating or reason to walk by them?

/s :lol:
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

smh wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:17 pm
gfenn11 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:08 am Fingers crossed the flying people are gone soon as well!
You don't enjoy the 1% for art????

And the fountains with no seating or reason to walk by them?

/s :lol:
The waterless fountains
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

I think they're just tiny pools. Wouldn't call them fountains, as that would be an insult to fountains.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

"A fountian without sculpture is just broken plumbing." Don't remember where I heard that, but it stuck with me for some reason.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

They could replace them with statues, there's several cities getting rid of theirs! Joking but yes, please do something with those weird ass flying people.